Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Yorkshire & Humberside

What about Cat'n'fiddle, and a collection of good cafes at Matlock Bath?

Garforth. In t'Western Riding of Yorkestersershire

Avoid Mrs B's

Mrs B's Woodland Cafe

It's near the right end of the Humber Bridge, in the car park/tourist info area but doesn't deliver what it promises the website in real life!

Shame.

Er, sorry, it's supposed to be recommends isn't it. Well we've got a bona fide proper coffee shop in Garforth now called Baraka Pastries are from Dumouchel's French bakery which also supplies some of the regions top hotels.

OK so not really a bikers cafe but then neither is Squires these days.

Garforth. In t'Western Riding of Yorkestersershire
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocool View Post
    What about Cat'n'fiddle, and a collection of good cafes at Matlock Bath?
    Limiting factor there is that they aren't in Yorkshire or Humberside? It's too far and it rained last time I went, also it's classed as darn sarf, I reckon. As well as too many bloody roadside cash machines, sorry speed cameras.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just had a nice full breakfast at Castlegate Cafe in Helmsley (served up till noon)

Funnily enough its situated at the Castle's.........er...gate!

No black pud and mushrooms though

They also have a cracking home bakery shop annex
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs

2008 R1200 GSA {R.I.P}
    2009 R1200 GSA

Huckleberry's. On the sea front at Hornsea,it's next to the Marine Hotel car park,a fair few bikes starting to get there on a w/e, the girl who run's it,Emma i think,said they are going to open on a wednesday evening from April,alway's a warm welcome for bikers.

Steve

Cheers Steve, Huckleberry's is marked on Garmin Mapsource,
    Coordinates given are N53 54 48.8 W0 09 40.0 Google map
    Two wheels > 1974 Puch Maxi 2
    Four wheels > MX5 2.0 RF

Nice one Ebbo,wish i was clever with techno stuff.

Steve

Guys if you're ever in Thirsk or Northallerton there's a Family run fish n chip shop in each Town called White Horse fish n chip cafe. Best in the district by a country mile. Father and Son are both GSers, and Son in particular is a perfectionist in everything he does, including the food he serves.

Try 'em, you won't be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by KMD View Post
    Guys if you're ever in Thirsk or Northallerton there's a Family run fish n chip shop in each Town called White Horse fish n chip cafe. Best in the district by a country mile. Father and Son are both GSers, and Son in particular is a perfectionist in everything he does, including the food he serves.

Off topic a bit so apolagies but did they ever get there problems sorted with the bikes ?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkleyowlie View Post
    Nice one Ebbo,wish i was clever with techno stuff.

Steve
    Don't worry about the tech stuff Steve, your doing a good job picking up on the cafe!
    Four wheels > MX5 2.0 RF

Oh no! more bloody chip shops to test!!!

I do like my Fish n Chips!
    Four wheels > MX5 2.0 RF

Quote Originally Posted by ebbo View Post
    Oh no! more bloody chip shops to test!!!

I do like my Fish n Chips!
    Mate of mine, Nick, reports…

They only do Haddock ! Nuff said I’d say

Truthfully they really are bloody wonderful, and there’s a seating area in both !

Maps he sent me are:- Thirsk Northallerton
    Four wheels > MX5 2.0 RF

Quote Originally Posted by enabb View Post
    Off topic a bit so apolagies but did they ever get there problems sorted with the bikes ?
    They did to a point. Engines were supplied FOC but labour charges were applied for fitting, and it wasn't cheap!! Interestingly both have got shot of 'em and bought new 12's

They did to a point. Engines were supplied FOC but labour charges were applied for fitting, and it wasn't cheap!! Interestingly both have got shot of 'em and bought new 12's
    Mmmm they must have like em, dont know if I could have that much faith.

ta for the up date..

Stopped at Wilders Tea Rooms today at Pateley Bridge which is right on the riverside next to the 'Bridge' and has a sun terrace that looks over the river...very nice

All day breakfast menu with a breakfast baguette for £4, very nice it was too
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs

2008 R1200 GSA {R.I.P}
    2009 R1200 GSA

bigtwins
    Lakeside Cafe at Ellerton-on-Swale on B6271 between Bolton on Swale and Kiplin is not too bad. Dont know GPS location
    www.thelakesidefarmshop.co.uk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast