Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Yorkshire & Humberside

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Went to Hawes on sunday morning - never seen it so busy with bikers - they were queuing out of the cafe door

Decided to move on to Leyburn. Easy parking in the market square, good chat with another tosser, and a good recommend for Penley's cafe (just off the square near the mini RB). Maybe a bit on the posh side but good food, excellent coffee and daily papers. Take aways available.

Not really a cafe but van in a layby on the A631 Bawtry to Gainsborough. Sunats Catering, good food and a decent bloke.

Cross Keys Inn on the A683 near Sedberge (on the North Yorks border with Cumbria)

Nice little cafe part at the back with stunning views, good food and friendly staff
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs

2008 R1200 GSA {R.I.P}
    2009 R1200 GSA

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
    Bernie's Ingleton - when you want to eat, & don't want to queue at Devils Bridge

He's a miserable git ... always gives the impression he'd rather not be there

Forget Helsmsley ... anti social parking warden last time I went

Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge good stop. Great food

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

gort
    yer get a belting brekkie at the little cafe at side of petrol station just past Bolton Abbey roundabout on A59 heading towards skipton.Quality grub

Quote Originally Posted by gort View Post
    yer get a belting brekkie at the little cafe at side of petrol station just past Bolton Abbey roundabout on A59 heading towards skipton.Quality grub
    Was there yesterday, cafe was shut but lass behind counter of garage made us a brew

YANYOU
    Dunnys cafe Otley
    Bridge street Otley
    There is only 1 bridge over the river in the town, find the bridge you find the cafe. This is a real old type greasy spoon. Tea 30p chipbutty £1 full breakfast less than £4
    Allways a few intresting locals or bikers there to chew the fat with.
    Town centre Traffic Lights.
    From Bradford or Ilkley turn left.
    From Harrogate or Poo turn right
    From Leeds straight on.
    If fish and chips take your fancy 50yds back up Bridge Street is a great chippy eat in if you want to be posh, take out if you want to be one of the lads, sit on the riverside and eat them It is a local bye law that you spare a few chips for the swans and ducks
    It is called Bridge Street chippy and suprise suprise it's on Bridge Street. We like to call a spade a spade in Otley.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooperman View Post
    Went to Hawes on sunday morning - never seen it so busy with bikers - they were queuing out of the cafe door

Decided to move on to Leyburn. Easy parking in the market square, good chat with another tosser, and a good recommend for Penley's cafe (just off the square near the mini RB). Maybe a bit on the posh side but good food, excellent coffee and daily papers. Take aways available.
    Used to visit Hawes on a regular basis, went one day and the cafe was very busy, it was a bank holiday after all

Eventually found a table, eventually got to the counter, to be told they weren't doing any more food because they were soooooo busy

Said "OK Thanks, but why don't you put a sign up saying so, instead of letting people queue?"

While we were getting our jackets on again people were ordering food and their orders were being taken

The French proprietoress followed us outside and launched straight in to a broadside about shortage of staff, being busy and her not being very well

I've not been back and I wont be going back

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Tried the new Fish & Chip Restaurant/Takeaway in the middle of Helmsley today located next to the bookshop.

Nice food,decent portions, nicely done out and friendly staff. We had a sit down meal as we were in the car and SWMBO only does takeaway when we're in our bike gear .
    Cost £10 each for Haddock and chips and it came with bread,sauce, mushies and a pot of tea. They did have an offer on for £7 for Cod and chips however.
    Takeaway was around a fiver I think

Recommended
    People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs

2008 R1200 GSA {R.I.P}
    2009 R1200 GSA

Heres a few I enjoy and a couple I have just been introduced to.

The control tower of the Gliding club, just above the White horse, Sutton bank. Lovely breakfast £4.00 tea 50p Garmin N54 14.072 W1 12.093

The tea room at Fizor, its up a dead end road just outside Settle but the tea is plentifull and the owners friendly. Its not too big and the village is small so no large groups please. Cup of tea from a pint tea pot with top up water £1.20. Garmin N54 06.348 W2 19.418

I always enjoy a visit to Castle Bolton, the cafe is open to the public without paying an entry fee, its a bit twee and the tea is a bit fancy, but its good value. Garmin N54 19.332 W1 56.935

For a good ride across the moors to the sea side you cannot beat Sandsend for a destination. A small wooden hut on the road to Whitby serves good value snacks. Easy parking near , great view over the bay but the toilet is a walk up the road.
    Garmin N54 30.039 W0 40.037

An unusual Cafe is in the Yacht club on the South gare, Middlesborough.
    You drive between the sea and the steelworks (past a sign saying no motorcycles, put up to try stop kids riding on the beach) Its a very unusul are and the Cafe could put some off but I love it. Garmin N54 38.466 W1 08.362

The graphite on the harbour wall makes me think a local has a GS1200

Millington (or known as Millington Wood).
    There's only one cafe there so you cant miss it, its on the main street just down fron the pub, right hand side. I think its called the walkers rest.
    Fad home made soup in winter.
    She doesn't open until 11am on Sundays though.

A small wooden beach hut with a veranda at Hunmanby gap,(Turn towards the sea up a dead end road off the A165 at Hunmanby Near Filey)) Not the best food in the world but a wonderful location overlooking the beach and rapidly retreating cliffs.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Grindleford Cafe
    Station Approach,
    Grindleford
    Upper Padley,
    Hope Valley,
    Derbyshire
    S32 2JA
    01433 631011

How a greasy spoon should be! I started going there as a student cus it was cheap, in great countryside and ridiculously large portions! ie. A chip buttie is a slice of bread on a plate, then plate covered and piled high with chips, slice of bread on the top!
    Not just a biker haunt, all sorts of outdoor adventurers keep the place busy, but being in Derbyshire it makes no difference which way you go there, the roads around are fantastic!

"Dunny's" - Otley

[QUOTE=YANYOU;1940852]Dunnys cafe Otley
    Bridge street Otley
    There is only 1 bridge over the river in the town, find the bridge you find the cafe. This is a real old type greasy spoon. Tea 30p chipbutty £1 full breakfast less than £4
    Allways a few intresting locals or bikers there to chew the fat with.

What YanYou says, plus friendly and chatty staff, and you can usually park your bike up across the road directly in front of the outside seating......................................... but their coffee is undrinkable!

All the best, Jim.

Lord Graystones cafe, just at the top of Carlton Bank near Stokesley used to be good but I have been told its been taken over by new owners who have banned motorcyclists, Any confirmation on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty09 View Post
    Lord Graystones cafe, just at the top of Carlton Bank near Stokesley used to be good but I have been told its been taken over by new owners who have banned motorcyclists, Any confirmation on this?

I,ve been told the same by several bikers, some who use to go regular.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast