Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Yorkshire & Humberside

Angela's cafe that seems to sell homemade everything & an odd array of ceramics and jigsaws. Located on the A166 just south of Boroughbridge
Angela's cafe

If you're looking for a quaint and decent cafe (non of your greasy spoon biker mates rubbish)

Then I can highly recommend this place, just off the main Market Place in Thirsk, on Millgate

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...fe_Thirsk-Thirsk_North_Yorkshire_England.html

Food is locally sourced, all decent stuff - homemade cakes, bread from a proper bakers on the opposite corner - local meat & cheeses, homemade chutneys & jams etc

Whilst waiting for my bike MOT I had tea and a toasted tea cake (large it was), plus a pot of homemade jam - just £3.70

In 2012 they won Yorkshire's 'breakfast of the year'

The food and drinks are competitively priced and menu's imaginative

Run by Jacqui, who also rides a bike - not that that makes a difference

On my recommended list:thumb

If you're looking for a quaint and decent cafe (non of your greasy spoon biker mates rubbish)

Then I can highly recommend this place, just off the main Market Place in Thirsk, on Millgate

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...fe_Thirsk-Thirsk_North_Yorkshire_England.html

Food is locally sourced, all decent stuff - homemade cakes, bread from a proper bakers on the opposite corner - local meat & cheeses, homemade chutneys & jams etc

Whilst waiting for my bike MOT I had tea and a toasted tea cake (large it was), plus a pot of homemade jam - just £3.70

In 2012 they won Yorkshire's 'breakfast of the year'

The food and drinks are competitively priced and menu's imaginative

Run by Jacqui, who also rides a bike - not that that makes a difference

On my recommended list:thumb

Great recommendation Johnny B re Bliss cafe in Thirsk, top cafe

My current list of cafes, some from UKGSers, some found by me. I can't guaranteed any are still in business, as I can't get around them all :thumb2

Attachments

• Cafes.gpx
    137.9 KB · Views: 186
The oil can cafe.

At the carding shed Hepworth, near Jackson bridge, Holmfirth.

Not just a cafe, There is a small museum of cars and bikes.

A few shops and brick a back stalls. It's all set in a 50s theme. Nice cafe, good choice of home made cakes and meals to choose from.

The best bit is that it's free to wander round.

Cheers Dave.

Bugger

Old Station house cafe. Snaith....Goole is your friend

A few shops and brick a back stalls. It's all set in a 50s theme. Nice cafe, good choice of home made cakes and meals to choose from.

Cheers Dave.
Thanks for the tip off Dave, This is a cracking good cafe! Just been to visit today, better than I expected, this would make a great meeting place for Tosser's :thumb2

Lat/long N53.55913° W1.75346° Map

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 562
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 559
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 571
  • Oil Can Cafe, Carding Shed, Hepworth.gpx
    3.7 KB · Views: 126
Out on a ride yesterday and was heading out of Skipton towards Gisburn for a run in the Forest of Bowland. Just out of Skipton at Broughton on the A59 in the lay-by there's Bob and Annes cafe, you can't miss it, it as a gazebo attached where you can sit nice and cosy. I've been past this loads of time and never called in....more fool me, fantastic food, freshly prepared in front of you, none of that warmed up microwave stuff, with down to earth prices and great hosts.

https://www.facebook.com/Bobannes-hot-cold-food-502941939786114/

Found a little gem today whilst on my way to Malham.

Had a "Firemans Breakfast" at Hellifield railway station buffet, a freshly cooked full English, £5.50 inc toast and coffe/tea in a fabulous 'olde worlde" station buffet.

Would recommend it to anyone passing by, will deffo call again when passing.

Route 59 cafe, Skipton/Harrogate road.

Old petrol station now a cafe, good food and drinks. Plenty of parking.

Cheers Dave.

Found a little gem today whilst on my way to Malham.

Had a "Firemans Breakfast" at Hellifield railway station buffet, a freshly cooked full English, £5.50 inc toast and coffe/tea in a fabulous 'olde worlde" station buffet.

Would recommend it to anyone passing by, will deffo call again when passing.

I tried to visit this stn buffet a few years back but it was closed, must try again

Pateley Bridge, Teacups Tearooms

Its just on the left opposite the Royal Oak as you head up Greenhow Fantastic food lovely folk a proper mug of tea and its cheap and there is lots of room to park the bike its a hidden gem.

They said the same in Mountain Bike Rider magazine, but I keep forgetting to call in - the lure of a Brymore ice cream in the Reeth ice cream parlour is always too tempting :drool

Resurrecting an old post, but I’ve now been to the cafe at the Dales Bike Centre quite a few times and the sandwiches, cakes and coffee are excellent :beerjug:

I’ve also solved the Brymor ice cream issue by buying on at the dairy near Jervaulx or at the Hawes Creamery on he way home :p

Cheers Dave.

It has just re-opened in new (old) premises. Way better for seeing the craftsmen working on vehicles and more to see. Cafe up to its usual high standards too.

The first caff in this thread has moved to new premises. Far better for any petrolhead as you can now see 6 or 7 craftsmen tinkering/fixing/restoring a variety of cars. Well worth a trip out.
(Now 1 mile from Holmfirth)

Interesting mix in the car park.

27407703327_7e0b2f9d37_k.jpg

41557364314_2f131c0ba8_k.jpg

This was gorgeous.

41557369984_ad87f5c0d3_k.jpg

41557402054_7203004e56_k.jpg

I think that this is an original Cobra....:chin: An AC Cobra, First Regd 31 Dec 1963. BNK 291A

28405576298_3145040b3a_k.jpg

28405571328_5fd59918d2_k.jpg

A bit of car storage too...

42231881552_eb00bc8f28_k.jpg

28405564248_dc77105749_k.jpg

Can't think of many workshops where they'd be working on an Audi TT, A 1980s Volvo 240 and a 1973 BMW 3.0 Csi.

42231879002_bae9ee31b0_k.jpg

41557387114_06a80bde63_k.jpg

28405559018_df45f2e20f_k.jpg

A V12 with straight through pipes....(looked like scaffolding to me)

41557380344_b3787793da_k.jpg

41376483755_51b1b6aee6_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom