Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the Peak District

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

Queens head cafe 59 Yeoman Street N53 07.210 W1 35.082 Symbol & Name 11/16/2007 8:00:46 PM
As it says = Queens head cafe Bonsall 10 min from Matlock Bath lovely people.
can get 20 in at least - bike parking all around cafe - no yella lines. Still have not got a free butty of the owners yet - but I recon Jaber has :D

I know it sounds daft

But Morrisons in Belper, fantastic Sun breakfast not cheep but very good, by the way not had any freebees from Bonsal, I reckon the mans a battie boy:ymca not a butty boy:)

Lots of love Steve

Green bus

At Whatstandwell (layby) nr Matlock, used to be very good not been now for some time and only open weekdays, was very greasey and very spoony but loadsa lorry drivers use it(always a good sign):)

At Whatstandwell (layby) nr Matlock, used to be very good
There's a sign by it stating that "Mandy/Sheila/Janice (whoever :blast) is Back!", so things should be back to their usual greasey best :D

And my suggestion, is Marys mobile (so it's not always there!) tea/burger bar in the lay by on Long Hill (Buxton to Whaley Bridge) - tea and foods nothing special but the views superb!

Grindleford station cafe. Good food and interesting service from a slightly eccentric 'host'.
Glossop? cafe coming out of Glossop towards Chapel en le Frith on the left. Small and busy, cheerful service and good prices.

Soup Kitchen

The Vanilla Kitchen in the centre of Tideswell. Fine sandwiches and their homemade soups are truly memorable (in a good way). They're closed Monday and Tuesday but seem to be open roughly 10 to 5 the other days of the week.
:thumb2

Grindleford station cafe. Good food and interesting service from a slightly eccentric 'host'.
Glossop? cafe coming out of Glossop towards Chapel en le Frith on the left. Small and busy, cheerful service and good prices.

Grindleford cafe.......best chip butty i ever had :clap

Edge Close Farm tea rooms in Flagg, especially in the winter when there's logs burning in the stove!

Link

Outside Cafe - Calver

Outside cafe
Baslow Rd
Calver, Derbyshire S32 3HX

01433 631 111

outside.co.uk‎

Tried the old smithy at monyash, very good, but also worth trying the cafe at Wetton mill in the manifold valley, beautiful scenery and and a great ride to get there

Bosley cross roads

Great run out the other day 200 plus miles of fun. went down the A 54 from Buxton to Bosley crossroads and discovered a coffee shop soon to include farm shop at the crossroads .Its set up by a charity organisation (Dreamcatchers) they help service men and women who have left or soon to leave the service.Anyway smart place to stop and turn round for that lovely run the other way around lol!!Don't be put off by the outer view of the place its lovely inside and welcome bikers .ATB Hughie :thumby:

Stopped off at Gridleford Cafe for lunch today whilst riding past. Giant yorkshire pudding, pork, chips & veg. Looked great but was utterly disgusting. Gravy was cold, chips rock hard and veg from a tin. Thought their food was supposed to be good?

IMG_4810_zps14364d0a.jpg

Just found this little peach on Sunday. Easily missed (passed it loads of times and never given it a glance I until an emergency pee stop at the Public Convenience across the road !

Small but friendly with good snap.

The Fleece Pantry

www.fleeceinnholme.co.UK

HD9 2QG

Its right at the bottom of Holme Moss hill and a good excuse for a ride.

After the Vanilla Kitchen changed hands we don't go in as service has been off and food standard dropped off.
Have been in Peak District Parlour and sampled their food . Lovely grub ,taking my Dad today for his lunch. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom