Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the East Midlands

Roman Cafe ! it looked very VERRY closed when i passed it last week, car park and building surrounded b heras fencing as if due for demolition !

not sure whats going on there ?

Blowiling Green at Melton Mowbray on the main road coming from Leicester end - excellent wee cafe for snacks - sit outside and admire the bikes.

Dovecote Farm Orston , equestrain centre, has cafe open to all, open everyday, biker friendly and generally fit birds in tight jodhpurs lurking about !
and scruffy looking bloke who is the spitting image of me !

Find Orston and follow signs for Flawbourgh !

1000 Happy Hens

Home of 1000 Happy Hens

Cherry Tree Farm Park
Gainsborough Road, Glentham, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire
Tel: 01673 878326 or 07850 920146
www.cherrytreefarmpark.com

"A great day out for the whole family"

Go-Karts
Alpacas

Country Kitchen

Crazy Golf
Jumping Pillows
Hatchery Unit; chicks, ducklings, goslings and lots lots more

Farm Shop; 20 different types of cheese, 15 varities of olives, plus a bakery section, butchers and plant shop

AND OF COURSE 1000 HAPPY HENS!!

Some are a bit off the manor but here's a few of my favourites:

Raven Truckstop, A41 just south of Whitchurch.
(...often followed by a ride over into Wales to the Ponderosa Cafe at Llangollen).

Squires Cafe Bar, Newthorpe, York, B1222 just off A63 near Selby.

Bistro Cafe, A52 just north of Grantham. (another proper truckstop).

Roman Cafe, on the A52 just west of Grantham (Boston / Skegness road) (temporarily moved to Bridge End Road, Grantham, while they refurb).

For info - Cherry Tree Farm Park cafe now only open Friday, Saturday, Sunday :((at least for the winter)

Aunty Kates Kabin next to Grantham Honda Spittle Gate Level NG31 7UH 2mins from A1 tel 07747636683

good food only 60pence for a mug of tea open 08:30 til 1600 Mon-Sat

open 10:00 -1600 Sundays until September :thumb

bisbee

Called in at Byards Leap cafe today - not overly impressed :(
Great location - just off the A17 newark to sleaford road near RAF Cranwell (opposite speed camera at Ancaster turning). Loads of room for bikes, seating outside.
I was the only one there and asked for the bikers normal - burger and chips and a coffee. Food was very mediocre and got a tea instead of a coffee. As I drink both it took me half the cup to realise I'd been drinking tea ;)

Would I go again?
For a coffee sat outside in the sunshine, yes. For the food? No.

There's a much better cafe a few miles further towards sleaford on the A17. Not sure of the name (used to be called Big Al's or something similar). Its the one next to the filling station. Much better food and very friendly staff :thumb2

Nottingham

Gusto has the best coffee in Nottingham and it's a good place to relax or work - no wi-fi though :blast

They also do fantastic home made Pizzas and a quality full English...

Sit outside and you can watch the procession of humanity pass by... and keep an eye on the bike :augie

Lovely people work there, and you can shop in the food hall next door, or walk down to Central Market for middle eastern food shopping.

Highly recommended :JB

Gusto Food Hall.
2 Gedling Street
Nottingham,
NG1 1DS

The Bacon Roll - Pelham Bridge (Tesco's end), Lincoln Open till about 2ish mon-sat
Great bacon!!!

Burger bar at Wickes, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln
Good food, well cooked!

For a decent mug of tea/coffee in a real mug use the kiosk opposite McDonalds, Skegness. Has tables outside and free bike parking to boot :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom