Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the West Midlands

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Right in centre. If you are coming from the Pershore side there is an island after you have crossed the bridge. Turn left there ( its a little one way square) carry on down the left hand side between some houses and head for the river/ferry.
    Cafe is called Raphaels.

Can recommend the sunday carvery to
    My other bike is ........... in pieces

Compulsive tinkerer........! Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Baz View Post
    So wheres the cafe you mentioned? right in evesham?
    Follow the signs in the centre of the town towards Hampton Ferry, go down the track, cafe is on the right just before you get to the ferry.

I was there yesterday afternoon actually, eating a rather large portion of the afore mention bread pudding.
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Sorry, but if it hasn't got wheels, or a pair of tits or if its not covered in chocolate, then quite frankly, I'm not really that interested.....

I'm a fiddler, I like to turn screws just because they are there.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Cheers guys looking forward to trying it....

Ma Larkins, Chipping Norton.

Slightly out of area, but well worth a visit whilst riding the Cotswolds.

Full of bikers on Sunday morning

Situated on the junction of the A44 and the A361, just NE of Chipping Norton

Quote Originally Posted by Big Si View Post
    Ma Larkins, Chipping Norton.

Slightly out of area, but well worth a visit whilst riding the Cotswolds.

Full of bikers on Sunday morning

Situated on the junction of the A44 and the A361, just NE of Chipping Norton
    +1

Go there to meet up with a mate who lives in Marlow as its halfwayish. They do really nice cooked brekkies.

There is a cafe at Broadway Tower,v nice home made cakes.
    Go up Fish hill then turn right as soon as it flattens out,signposted and you cant miss seeiing the tower.
    Superb view on a clear day.

Route 44 Cafe, Bringsty Common

I think this has closed down. I heard a rumour a fews months ago the place might be on the market and when I rocked up this week it was not only closed but everything was very securely padlocked up.

I'll be passing by again soon and will keep an eye on it.

Annie 650F
    Its on the out-skirts of our area, but I think the food there is well worth it...
    The Plough inn at Little Broughton on the Banbury to Southam Main road, George and Sam there are fantastic fun and the food is out of this world all home made..... Yum Yum
    Also there is 'The Diner' at Long Itchington just out side Southam on the Coventry road, good for an all day breakfast and a nice cuppa, welcomes bikers, even has a Thursday night meet in the summer............... if you wanna see lots of sports bikes......... (I give this a day a miss )

Ma Larkins, Chipping Norton

Paid a visit there yesterday, freezing cold, really looking forward to a brew.... but it was CLOSED and looked as though it had been for some time, no furniture inside but all the signs are still up. One to watch in case it re-opens

Quote Originally Posted by alleycam View Post
    Ma Larkins, Chipping Norton

Paid a visit there yesterday, freezing cold, really looking forward to a brew.... but it was CLOSED and looked as though it had been for some time, no furniture inside but all the signs are still up. One to watch in case it re-opens
    It has been for sale for a few months now.
    Hope it re opens,was always a popular stop off.

Route 44 at Bringsty definitely closed for the foreseeable future. However, about half mile further up the hill towards Bromyard, on the left, is the Live and Let Live inn - recently restored. Tiny place on the hillside (definitely a bit of gravel to get to it!) that does good local beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Route 44 at Bringsty definitely closed for the foreseeable future. However, about half mile further up the hill towards Bromyard, on the left, is the Live and Let Live inn - recently restored. Tiny place on the hillside (definitely a bit of gravel to get to it!) that does good local beer.
    The cafe at the old garage at Bringsty is open for buisness again,new signs out on the road.

ma larkins.

anybody know if ma larkins cafe at chipping norton has re opened yet?
    it was up for sale.

Same question for the Riverside Cafe at Evesham.

I popped in there midweek at mid morning a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't much sign of life. Definitely closed - what I could tell was whether it was permanent or whether they only opened certain days of the week and I was just unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by wreck diver View Post
    anybody know if ma larkins cafe at chipping norton has re opened yet?
    it was up for sale.
    According to a mate of mine who lives over that way it is still up for sale

Ombersley Wines and Delicatessen

On the main road through Ombersley near the island. They do freshly made rolls with anything from the delicatessen counter and great coffee (freshly ground).

If you fancy a sausage, bacon and black pudding bap, pop next door to Checketts the butchers. When I go down to collect our meat on a Saturday morning I inevitably end up with one! They also do pretty good coffee but there's nowhere to sit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast