Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the South West

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Best brekkie ever!!!??

Wheatsheaf Inn
    A368 Wells Road
    Just west of Corston.
    Zummerzet or it may be in BANES

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Top o' Town Car Park Cafe - Dorchester

twincam
    haldon cafe just outside exeter on the A380 torquay rd very satisfying just dont ask for a large mug of tea cos you'll be stopping for a pee for the next 24 hrs every hour !

gingercoastie
    Jordons Coffe shop on the way out of Marazion towards Longrock. Its a pay and display Car park, but bikes as free. The local bike schools use it as a snack/lunch spot so usually good for a natter. Also has good views of Mounts bay and St Micheals mount.

Lat & Long = 50 07.7N 005 29.3W
    Last edited by gingercoastie; 16-06-08 at 11:07. Reason: added position info

broughbob

Smile

I enjoy a ride out to Home Farm, Tarrant Gunville, Dorset, (near Blandford) who make a superb breakfast http://www.homefarmshop.co.uk/ , another good cafe for breakfast or lunch is the Hiker Cafe at Hengistbury Head, near Christchurch, Dorset http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/10326 the place has been somewhat modernised since the web picture was taken, motorcycles can park in the car park close to the cafe for free.

Another "Hill top cafe"

at Pawlett, A38 ( 2 miles east of Bridgwater / J23 M5 )
    I believe they have awards too!
    always friendly, but busy weekends.
    macca and out.

Shearwater cafe, great food and right next to the lake.

From Warminster, take the A350 towards Blandford. Turn right into Crockerton village and the tearoom is one mile from the main road on the edge of Longleat forest and Lake Shearwater.

Lake Shearwater
    Crockerton
    Warminster
    Wiltshire
    BA12 8AS
    Tel: +44 01985 213255

Also-

Mangerton Mill, fantastic location watch out for the chickens wondering about!
    Working water mill with a tearoom, and fishing lake to walk around.

From Bridport take the A3066, then look out for Gore Lane on the right then at the end of Gore Lane turn left into Mangerton Lane and then follow this lane and the mill is on the left down a little gravel track.
    Look out for Brown Tourist signs these will help

Mangerton Mill
    Mangerton
    BRIDPORT
    Dorset
    DT6 3SG
    Tel: +44 01308 485224

weejake

the view

For a good stop that's biker friendly, I know I have asked and it was greeted well is the view out at rame head. torpoint ferry to Anthony turn left follow road to T junction left past tregantle fort turn right for coast road. got through freathy etc and it is all by it's self on the right car park is up behind the cafe though I park in layby in front as car park is on a slope. food good tea coffee and stickys. it is an excellent ride there going through hessenford downderry etc and you get to do all of the torpoint twisties, when you get there the views are stunning. cliff top cafe before view is good but poor parking.

Try the Compton Abbas airfield near Shaftsbury on the side road heading down to Blandford high upon the hill nice views and you may be lucky to see an aerobatic display as well.On the B3081 through Melbury Abbas,usually stop there on way down to Poole bike nights.

Try this one in Northleach, Gloucestershire, off the A40/A429 in the village. Lots of space for Bikes and they like us!

http://www.blades.me.uk/#/home/4532701599

Greedies on Filton Avenue in Bristol.
    Hungry Horace (NOT Horse) on Speedwell Road, Bristol.

Both of these places do the biggest builders breakfasts you can imagine. chips, sausages, bacon, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, waffles, tomatoes, fried bread and toast plus tea with as many top-ups as you like.

Its not gourmet organic food but it is mountainous. Its the kind of thing you can only justify once a year or so due to the artery clogging properties of it.

However my favourite greasy spoons of all is my house! We get eggs, sausages and bacon from Model Farm in Ross On Wye and the missus cooks up a storm in the kitchen.

She has a GS650 and myself a GS1150A so we will have to get some fellow tossers round to join us some time!

Brunel Buttery on the Bristol docks is also good.

Also if you get off the M4 at the Bath junction but go the opposite direction to Bath (heading towards Stroud) right there on the left in the parking area is a guy who does good fry ups. However its always a gamble as to whether he is there - its usually just the mornings.

A few decent biker friendly places to stop for a bite to eat and drink here in Devon, a couple I can recommend are:

http://www.creeksendinn.co.uk/

http://www.blackpoolsands.co.uk/
    Previously
    Blue & White 1150gs
    650 gs
    R6
    Cbr600f
    Hornet 600

Life is just dandy

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    A few decent biker friendly places to stop for a bite to eat and drink here in Devon, a couple I can recommend are:

http://www.creeksendinn.co.uk/

http://www.blackpoolsands.co.uk/
    My first road trip on the GS this weekend to Blackpool sands so I will give the creeks end inn a go! Hopefully the weather stays nice

Divine Cafe Cherhill, on the A4 between Calne & Avebury.

Excellent food!

M
    The box said "Windows 10 or better."

...So I used a Macintosh.

Quote Originally Posted by camel_landy View Post
    Divine Cafe Cherhill, on the A4 between Calne & Avebury.

Excellent food!

M
    GREAT YOUNG TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    GREAT YOUNG TEAM
    In more ways than one...

M
    The box said "Windows 10 or better."

...So I used a Macintosh.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast