Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the South West

Chaps,

As motorcyclists we are often looking for a place to stop, have a cuppa, & often a bacon roll, or similar.

If you haven't been there already, you might like to investigate the Stables cafe at Saul Junction, near Gloucester

http://www.thestablescafe.co.uk/

It's owned by a young couple, Mitch & Carla, & they are certainly not afraid of hard work, as the photos of the restoration on the website will confirm.

They've had some bad luck lately. December wasn't exactly busy, if you remember all that snow, & then in January they closed & spent several weeks re-decorating the premises, ready for the new season.

Unfortunately, just as the season started, they suffered a fire. They were lucky that thanks to prompt Fire Service action it didn't burn to the ground, but all their hard work redecorating was undone with smoke damage. Their insurance company was also slow in responding, so they will have lost the best part of a month.

However, they are a resourceful & cheerful pair, & have just reopened, so if in the coming weeks you fancy a cuppa, at a cafe in a lovely location, then make your way down to Saul Junction, & tell them "BikeSafe" sent you !

Regards,

Pc 520 Martyn HILLIER.
BikeSafe Co-ordinator,
Gloucestershire Constabulary,
Operations Centre,
Bamfurlong Lane,
Cheltenham,
GL51 6SQ
Tel Direct (01242) 24 7030

E-mail Martyn.Hillier@Gloucestershire.pnn.police.uk

Chaps,

As motorcyclists we are often looking for a place to stop, have a cuppa, & often a bacon roll, or similar.

If you haven't been there already, you might like to investigate the Stables cafe at Saul Junction, near Gloucester

Thanks for the heads up.:thumb2
Looks like a nice place to stop for cuppa.

It reopened yesterday then.
:thumb

Had a 'Full English' breakfast there last Sunday - 'twas very good too!

I was there at 10a.m. when they opened, and reckon there were around ten peeps there at the same time. 30 minutes later new arrivals were being told to expect a 30-40 minute wait for their order.... :blast

Good breakfast & a nice location :aidan

p.s. The location map on their web-site makes it easy to find.

Woodleigh Coachouse just off the A30 at Cheriton Bishop between Exeter and Okehampton. Very bike freindly, stays open till 10pm on first tuesday of the month for bikers.

Also Ritchies Diner (formally Caseys Diner) on Totnes road Paignton, about 1/4mile on from Morrisons heading into Paignton, best full english in Torbay.

Corn Dolly Tea Rooms, South Molton

These guys are great, and it's a great place to wait if your bikes having some work done at James Sherlocks.

Website

Best to stop for tea and a slice of cake, you'll see what i mean when you go in and check out the welsh dresser!:thumb

Bikers Cafe

Enjoyed a good breakfast(proper Sausage) here recently,Silver Fox Cafe Newnham,GL14 1JB.
Although on the other side of the River Severn, its in Gloucestershire on A48 on route to Chepstow,which nicely leads on to Abergavenny(Oasis Cafe at the Bus Station).;)

10 mins off the MR near Exeter, this place has a great Deli and a posh Fish & Chips cabin which is awesome.
There is also a big outdoor shop.
I go here every year when we do a job at Westpoint just down the road.

10 mins off the MR near Exeter, this place has a great Deli and a posh Fish & Chips cabin which is awesome.
There is also a big outdoor shop.
I go here every year when we do a job at Westpoint just down the road.

Had my lunch there yesterday :thumb2

Cafe,Ross-on-Wye

If you were planning to use the cafe just off the M50 Ross on Wye,by the cattle market,dont as its just a car park now!! Morrisons super mkt cafe in the town centre was very good tho:thumb

Trerulefoot

Heading down that way next weekend. I understand the old truckers' cafe has recently changed hands. Any good?

Failing that, any opinions on the Route 38 cafe next to the petrol station?

TIA
Dick

Already mentioned but Devine Cafe at Cherhill, Wilts and Compton Abbas airfield get my seal of approval as does Hardee's fish and chip shop on Poole Quay. You might wait a few minutes but better than all the others along the Quay.

Cafe Oasis Ludgershall

18 High Street Ludgershall nr Andover.

Run by Brian 01264 792999 an ex Army Cook. Excellent quality brekky and good size portion for £4.99

Nice place - Highly recommended :beerjug:

H Cafe formerly foxes cafe berinsfield oxon

Good grub good crowd:thumb:clap

Best fish & chips and coffe shop in Cornwall

Can't re commend too highly THE BLUE FISH BAR & COASTA COFFEE in
MAWGAN PORTH. Overlooks a stunning beach, and has a huge car park and excellent trip advisor feedback. Fantastic BACON BUTTIES from the coffee shop and the owner is a 1150GSA Owner

The Venus cafe at Bigbury Beach is worth a visit.

All meat locally sourced, the coffee's excellent and great views over Bigbury Bay taking in Burgh Island and Bantham Beach.

Outside seating only, so not so good on a rainy day.

bigbury4of11.jpg

R

Back
Top Bottom