The only BMW motorcycle dealer for Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in East Anglia

BLAKENEY CAFE

Quote Originally Posted by asif View Post
    My suggestions are..

Already said but a god one, A149 north norfolk Brancaster Staithe, Great breakfast rolls, nice staff.

Wells Deli on the main Quay. Just watch the parking charge!! There is bike parking but i never pay. Just lucky maybe!

The best one is at Blakeney Quay. Great caravan only open int he summer but early risers. Open at about 7 and on a sunny morning is a stunning setting, Nice wifey and grumpy husband which is as you would expect a husband and wife team!!!

Enjoy!
    Blakeney cafe on the car park! Sadly they have lost there bid for next year in the name of value for money to the tax payer. i.e the council want more rent! Some greasy spoon road side van has got it and this could be there last summer unless its changed. Show them some support if you can!

London Road Inc in Lowestoft does a fairly good bacon buttie and cuppa as well as having a pool table and MotoGP on huge projection telly on Sundays

Open every day apart from Mondays at the moment

Its a bike shop with a cafe area in the premises as well thats got a basic menu but looking to increase it in the future.

http://http://www.londonroadinc.com/main.html

Havent got a GPS link but postcode is in the website contact page

Lucy's in East Runton

Hi - I just wanted to tell you about a rather lovely cafe we visited a couple times for breakfast in East Runton. The food was FAB; really reasonable and the breakfast was wonderful.

Its called Lucy's .....

when you are driving through ... pop in! Its next to the Spar

wickerman1536
    Here's a good one. The Three Tuns pub on the Wethersfield road in Finchingfield. Opens for breakfast / brunch 11am, the landlord and wife are both motorcyclists and are trying to encourage bikers, very welcoming. Everyone goes down to the green but residents are trying to stop this and the land lord of a certain pub does not want us on the green, thats why they keep trying to put cones out and stop the meetings. So vote with your feet and go where the grub is much better and a very smart venue with a warm welcome. Tell em the pest controller sent you! We'll be there tomorrow to book our Christmas party!

wickerman1536
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1536 View Post
    Here's a good one. The Three Tuns pub on the Wethersfield road in Finchingfield. Opens for breakfast / brunch 11am, the landlord and wife are both motorcyclists and are trying to encourage bikers, very welcoming. Everyone goes down to the green but residents are trying to stop this and the land lord of a certain pub does not want us on the green, thats why they keep trying to put cones out and stop the meetings. So vote with your feet and go where the grub is much better and a very smart venue with a warm welcome. Tell em the pest controller sent you! We'll be there tomorrow to book our Christmas party!
    Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield, Braintree, Essex, CM7 4NR

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1536 View Post
    I agree this is a great pub. I dropped in with a ride-out of 20 or so bikes over the August bank holiday weekend. Great food and everyone was really pleased with the venue.

Matt

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I agree this is a great pub. I dropped in with a ride-out of 20 or so bikes over the August bank holiday weekend. Great food and everyone was really pleased with the venue.

Matt
    I was one of those bikes and agree wholeheartedly... smashing pub

wickerman1536
    Going back tomorrow for 11am breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    London Road Inc in Lowestoft does a fairly good bacon buttie and cuppa as well as having a pool table and MotoGP on huge projection telly on Sundays

Open every day apart from Mondays at the moment

Its a bike shop with a cafe area in the premises as well thats got a basic menu but looking to increase it in the future.

http://http://www.londonroadinc.com/main.html

Havent got a GPS link but postcode is in the website contact page

What Bigyin said....
    I bloody live there to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by asif View Post
    Wells Deli on the main Quay. Just watch the parking charge!!
    If you park on the NORTH NORFOLK DISTRICT COUNCIL car park, it's FREE. This is not the quay car park.
    2005 R1200GS Classic. Remus De-cat and Hilltop remap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Moo View Post
    Hi - I just wanted to tell you about a rather lovely cafe we visited a couple times for breakfast in East Runton. The food was FAB; really reasonable and the breakfast was wonderful.

Its called Lucy's .....

when you are driving through ... pop in! Its next to the Spar
    Ahem. LUCY'S is at WEST Runton. Only 2 miles away. Mind the speed trap halfway between the two.

Incidently, my fave van, PECKISH is at Pretty Corner on the A148 just south of Sheringham. Open Monday - Saturday, 7am until 4pm ish. Nice TARMAC layby. The owner sold his bike to pay for the trailer and pitch. Proper tea in proper MUGS. Not those styrofoam things.
    2005 R1200GS Classic. Remus De-cat and Hilltop remap.

Hungry Horse ...

Necton cafe ...
    On A47 Between Swaffham And East Dereham ... Used to be call the Hungry Horse ... Good car parking and a nice place ... What surprises me is More drive pass than drop in ...
    John933

A10 ... Between Downham Market & King's Lynn

C&A Super bike's ... Now have a dog stand on the car park ... Cup of tea 50p ... Dog in a French stick ... And it's big, for £2 ... Usually find a few rider's there ... A good dog a a cup'per for £2.50 can't go wrong ...
    John933

sera
    Although it's not strictly in Cambridgeshire, it's as near as damnit-The Silver Ball cafe on the A10 just south of Royston does lovely food and they have a great coal stove for when it's chilly.

The Autostop Cafe on the A603 (just east of the roundabout with the A1198) is also reasonable.

Auto Stop cafe ?

I ride past most days been closed (or very little signs of life and the car park corded off) for years unless its a secret

Jim

Flora Tea Rooms at Dunwich is open again for the summer!!!!!

Yaaaaay!!!!!

Fish ahd chips Sunday for lunch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast