Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in East Anglia

Food and riding

Sunday moring breakfasts, very good, or any other time, welcomes bikers and landlord and wife are motorcyclists.:ChrisKelly

Bosworths in Finchingfield is good, but pricey. If you fancy a quick ride after that head towards Wethersfield and then on towards Sible Hedingham, then go into Sudbury and out towards Bures and Wormingford and finally into Colchester. The road from Wethersfield towards Sible Hedingham is lovely.

Shredder:beerjug:

What ? No-one's mentioned Tubby T's on the Haverhill to Bury St Edmunds rd at Stradishall / Highpoint Prison. On the A143.

It's on a classic bikers road route and does a huge breakie. At certain times you to get to watch the prison visitors waiting to go visit loved ones. A real eye opener!

Generally all bikers in the mornings with a few cyclists. Open weedays and weekends. Weekend opening times are 7:30 to 2:30 Saturdays & 8:30 to 2:30 Sundays.

Ride safe !
Dave

I like Dunwich, but I found that Sizewell and Felixstowe Ferry were overpriced and grim the last time I was there. I must have got them on a bad day. :augie
Last weekend returned to Posh Pigs at Beccles with some 17 bikes for a monster Full English with black pudding!! All agreed great value cafe used by many locals with a large but gravel car park.
Well worth the trip.
:)

Last weekend returned to Posh Pigs at Beccles with some 17 bikes for a monster Full English with black pudding!! All agreed great value cafe used by many locals with a large but gravel car park.
Well worth the trip.
:)

I went to Posh Pigs a few weeks ago and it was the best quality and value breakfast I have had in a long, long while. Now top of my list of breakfast stops even though it is 70 or so miles away from me.

Matt

Hi folks,
just a short note to let you know of a new American themed Diner, catering for the biker, car enthusiast clubs etc situated on the Northbound A12 between Witham and Kelvedon called "The 8 Ball Diner"
It might be useful as a meeting venue as it is central(ish) for East Anglia.
Grand opening on 19th February.
No connections with the business just a customer who called in for lunch and speaking with the owners about their ideas.

Good luck to them.

Sparky :beerjug:

P.S. Beware of the short entry slip road beside the caravan sales yard !

Not sure if the "Sizewell Beach Hut" is the same as the 'Beach House Cafe' as the latter is in Thorpness. Across the road is the Mere Cafe which also has a nice green to sit on in dry weather.

There's also a good and decent sized cafe on the north side of Dersingham, just south of Hunstanton, Norfolk. 2 good sized full breakies and a large pot of tea for under a tenner. Heading north from Kings Lynn, don't take the Dersingham bypass but head into the village. It's on the left as you leave the village.

There's also a fantastic farm shop and craft shop complex inside the walls of the old Elveden Victorian garden. They have loads of amazing foods and a cracking restaurant. The deli is the best I've come across in the UK. If you're heading north towards Norwich, turn left at the light controlled crossroads (towards Center Parcs) and look for the track on the right as you leave the last house on the right.(if you get as far as the Center Parcs access, turn around - you've gone too far). Follow the track for a 1.4 mile and there you be. Great lunches, HUGE burgers and tasty cream teas. More one for trips with the memsahib than a huge groupl of lads perhaps.....

Dave

Brundon Cafe, Sudbury

Hi folks,

Had a jolly pleasant breakfast today at the Brundon Cafe. This is on the Stour Valley Business Park, off Brundon Lane, Sudbury CO10 7GB. The guy running it is very pleasant and he seems to be pulling out all the stops to make it a popular venue. Loads of tarmac parking, especially on Saturdays when the other units are very quiet.

He is open from 7:30am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 1:00pm Saturday. He is open on the 2nd and last Sundays of the month as there is a boot sale in the car park, which seems novel.

He even has a decking area with plenty of tables for days like today. :thumb

Had a Full English with loads of toast and a nice cuppa for £4.50. :clap

Matt

Fenland truck stop

If you are in the Fens, there is an old fashioned transport caff, the Green Welly, at Chatteris, right by the A141/A142 roundabout. Vast portions of nosh at very reasonable prices. Gravel car park, and often used by local VMCC as a start/finish point for runs.

Thorhham Deli is worth a look. Book a table if going at lunchtime as now it's sunny (ish) the place does fill up quiclly. Good food and not as expensive as you might think!! Car park a bit gravely but always manage to wedge the bike in between Disco 4's and Porsche Chelsea tractors. :rolleyes:

liberator san

just looking for somewhere the weekend after next cos ill be in ely sutton chatteris area

fank oo sir

Used the Thornham Deli a few times. Shabby chic I believe its called, so we fit right in, the food is decent and reasonablely priced for these days. Illy coffee, range of teas.
Still in Thornham is the Farmshop (back towards Huntsanton, about 1/2 mile) they do the full farm shop thing, heritage apples, strawberries in season, glamping, designer ice cream and fish and chips cooked in lard. Last time I was there the fish was really good - beverages available too.
In and around there are lots of places to eat from the f&c place at the farm shop to a couple of well starred places - bit of a culinary hot spot. Orange tree, Lifeboat, Titchwell Manor just up the road, eastwards
At the east end of Hunstanton, next to the old Coastguard Lookout and lighthouse, near the pitch n put, there is a big white shed, has a wood burner in winter. Decent bacon sarnie and tea, I think they only open w/e "out of season"
There is a Sunday biker meet in Hunstanton quite often.
Going west along the A149, on the actual staithe at Brancaster opposite the sailing club, there is a hut which sells fresh crab rolls. The crab is really fresh, I've been there when the son bought a skipful in. The bread however, not so much, the usual part frozen stuff. They also have dressed crab (served in the shell) which is much nicer. Lots of other sea stuff too, but I'm a craboholic so never tried it. Tea in mugs. Crab is a warm water beast so they can be unavailable until it warms up. C/P hard packed gravel, but uneven

You could always go have tea with 'er Maj at Sandringham. Decent walks, if you're into that sort of locomotion.

Stopped at a decent coffee place today. If you are travelling Wisbech to Littleport on the A1101, its on the right, immediately before the 3 Holes bridge.

Google street view shows it as a blue painted general store, but now is a coffee lounge.

Location 52.5800759,0.220257 or 52°34'47.0"N+0°13'13.5"E

A1101, Main Road, Three Holes. Between Wisbekistan and Littleport.

Blue Sky cafe in Cromer NR27 9AU. Right on the sea front by the large car park. Friendly staff, good food and lots of fellow bikers to chat with with if you feel the need.
It's 50 miles from me but always enjoy the ride out just for a coffee and a sarnie.

Back
Top Bottom