Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the South East

Rye Harbour Cafe

Nobodys mentioned the cafe at Rye Harbour (Sussex), excellent on a Sunday when the weathers fine or the Oasis cafe at Old Romney A259 (Kent).

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Arches

The SEA BREEZE at the arches on Southend Seafront..
    Everyone dies but not everyone really lives....

If you're plugging down the A21, then Bedgebury Pinetum is free for bikes, they reckon they're "environmentally friendly", and has a big gravel car-park for practicing doughnuts...

Nice tea-room, with view over lake, and you can walk round the woods if you want.

Beware ankle-biters on push-bikes, though, it's considered bad form to knock them over...

Shorne Woods

Shorne Woods Country Park, just off the A2 - north Kent, http://tinyurl.com/lcyh7p is always a good stop, used by the trail riders alot!

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    in 30 years i've never been done for speeding on my bike.... and i have had a few...... Sept 26th 2009 just up the road from Loomies,,,,,, nicked on a GS for christs sake........ the sports boys must have been pissin themselves as they went past....motorcycle cop said the had been loads of complaints around the A32 A272 and they where "stepping up" thier presence.......e
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2jag View Post
    Great venue,good service, but the local HAMPSHIRE CONSTABULARY (WNKRS), sit in there and occasionally pull everything that moves and now got an unmarked Fireblade with an unmarked copper sat on it, mostly. (lights in the grill allegedly)

Newlands Corner

Nick's burger bar at Newlands Corner (A25 just East of Guildford) deserves another quick mention and gets my vote!

Kitchen and servery always clean. Food is cheap, always cooked fresh to order and piping hot. Always a few bikes up there during the week (and a lot at weekends) and a bit more civilised than Box Hill.

I've been going up there for years and never had a jippy tummy yet!

LARGE Cheeseburger with onions, chips and a large white coffee please!

Opening hours are (roughly) 9.00am to 5.00pm, 7 days a week, but sometimes open a bit later in the summer. Phone number is 01483 211375 if you want to check.

burger anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    A nice place for a burger and tea, also sells, kangaroo, buffalo, bison, kudu, and normal steaks.
    Decent meals at decent prices,if you are brave try the full monty!!!!
    monday to friday, 8am till 2.30-3pm.
    Can do outside functions by prior arrangement.veggies catered for too.
    On A225 Shoreham road, shoreham, Kent, very near Shoreham railway station.
    An excellent ride out with fantastic scenery.
    Tel 07771-885512 ask for Daisy.
    This a picture of the "Full Monty"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stuff for sale:Al jesse panniers for a 1200 Air cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta Moto View Post
    Full service cafe open early til about 3pm 7 days a week.

On A20 about 2 miles south of M20 J10.

N51.120802 E0.946110

The Blue and White ...

......... Run by Leon Camier's Mum if you didn't know ...... !!

rebircsbuS Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Although I have a 'Tea Caravan' POI on my TT, I cannot see anything on this forum. If there is not one do you think it would be worth me starting one? If so then long/lat (northlings/eastlings to some) details would be good and I will start a poi off and post it.

Could you try and also include the cost of tea & coffee at time of writing.
    (Some people are fussy and would rather ride a further 20 miles for a cup that is 10p cheaper)
    Last edited by JoeC; 10-05-10 at 18:28. Reason: added comment from post 42.

It must include the price of a cup of rosie though Joe. It could make all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Lemon Ade View Post
    If you're plugging down the A21 *near Flimwell*, then Bedgebury Pinetum is free for bikes, they reckon they're "environmentally friendly", and has a big gravel car-park for practicing doughnuts...

Nice tea-room, with view over lake, and you can walk round the woods if you want.

Beware ankle-biters on push-bikes, though, it's considered bad form to knock them over...
    Just popped down there this very am, they're doing rather a nice bacon, sausage and onion baguette...

bloody ducks wanted to eat it for me, though Get yer own!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFish View Post
    The Alton Railway Station Cafe:

N51 09.130 W0 58.034
    This cafe is bloody aweful, bad cold food, and crap tea

Here's another bikers cafe.....

The Chalet Café, Henfield Road, Cowfold, West Sussex, RH13 8DU.

Located on the A281 between Henfield and Cowfold in West Sussex. It is a regular meeting place for bikers. Parking Space is plentiful and the café attracts all sorts of meetings including classic cars.

Opening hours are 7am-2pm weekdays and during the summer months it has a Wednesday late evening opening time from 5.30pm to 9pm. On Sunday its 8am-1pm.

Fry up's costing from £3.50, breakfasts are described by visitors as excellent.

Graeme

PS oh yeah the satnav location

M'stone Kent - still not far enough away from Burnley!
    Roadhouse Cafe A20 Lenham. Biker evening wednesdays.
    N51 14.180 E0 43.904

Roy

Hill Top Diner Salisbury

Tried this place on Saturday. Its on the A 30 between salisbury and Stockbridge. Nicely placed for Salisbury plain.

Proper diner, with good food and a big pot of tea. When I mentioned I would put a post on here he volunteered to open specially for groups of five or more. I thought that was generous.

More info here.

http://www.hilltopdiner.co.uk/index.html
    What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Westerham, Kent

Place is crawling with tea-rooms... parking around the Green (if you can get in) or down the hill on the Sevenoaks side.

Tudor Tea Rooms do a nice cream tea, but the Missus wasn't impressed with their bacon sarnie - too soggy, and the bacon was stringy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast