Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Ireland

Sugarcane Coffee Co

N54 37.617 W5 52.085

19 Heron Road Belfast Harbour Estate

Pass Sainsbury's & B&Q on your right, ignore the security gates, Heron Rd is the first road on the left.

http://www.sugarcanecoffeecompany.com

Mon-Sat 0800-1700

Owners Pete & Emma both ride bikes (Not GS).......

Streetside Café, Enfield, Co Meath.

We stopped off at this café on the way to Aherlow and had a good lunch, with friendly service at a reasonable price. Recommended if you are in the area. :thumb2

Attachments

• Streetside Cafe.gdb
    159 bytes · Views: 245
On the way back from Aherlow Stumpy, Mandy and I had lunch at Locke's Pantry in Kilbeggan, Co. Westmeath.

The staff were friendly and the service was good. A good spot to stop at again.

Whilst there you can also visit the distillery museum. :thumb2

Attachments

• Lockes Kilbeggan.gdb
    165 bytes · Views: 240
Kay's Kettle

Kays Kettle opposite the church in Athleague; 5 k S.W. of Roscommon is good. Kay did a fine rasher roll for me yesterday morning with a mug of coffee; she tells me that bikers are always welcome.
Put IM 83211 57530 into your GPS

Brilliant fish and chipper on Howth Harbour sit on wall and eat to hearts content. Beware of seagulls they are very greedy, no fear of humans and will eat HOT chips etc.

Also Stoops on Skerries Harbour............ you must try the Beer Battered Cod Fillet.........not to be surpassed.
Coffee shop in Laragh, great bacon in toast sandwiches.

And of course Maddocks on a Saturday morning for sausages.............they are free!!!!

:beerjug:

Cheers John!

I have a Quest so I now understand the World of GDB etc. Great to have all these in a file.

V

Riverside Inn Charlestown Co.Mayo

I think this place has the best breakfast in Mayo + great service- well worth a visit

I think this place has the best breakfast in Mayo + great service- well worth a visit
+1 - was in there this summer and the breakfasts would choke a donkey :thumb

Two innocent oriental tourists caused a stir when they asked if they served a vegetarian breakfast there. Cue much muffled spluttering from assorted inmates :D

Although not strictly a cafe The Hermitage in Clogheen, Co. Tipp does tea / coffee (the Boreen Run stopped here this year) as well as lunch, dinner and B&B. It's one of the few B&B's I know of with a full bar ;)

I stayed there on Saturday night & had the biggest, bestest steak I've had in a good while & a grand brekkie the next morning. Mine hosts Declan & Breda look after you very well ;)

Is that Beschoffs ?
Only chippy I know in this country that does squid / calamari rings. Must be nearly time for a spin out there :bounce1

Well, I took a spin out to Beschoffs today. No more calamari :(
And the cod & chips, while good, was over €10 - for a takeaway :eek:

Beschoffs ????

Get your a..e to Burdocks beside Christchurch and order a Smoked Cod solo
they will trow in a few chips anyway.... you will be all out to eat it all for 5.50 euro I think and the Taste .... good for a Chelesterol Rating in excess of 9.00

pg

smell +memory

Get your a..e to Burdocks beside Christchurch and order a Smoked Cod solo
they will trow in a few chips anyway.... you will be all out to eat it all for 5.50 euro I think and the Taste .... good for a Chelesterol Rating in excess of 9.00

pg

ohhh stoppit :drool
when i first came to Dublin, i lived round the corner from there. we'd get fed at the latest, 6.30p.m.(long story).
ANYhow - in the evenings, between the smell of Guiness coming from up the road and the smell coming out of Burdocks.....

used to drive me nuts! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom