Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Ireland

In Buclody, we usually eat in The Rivers Edge which is grand. Was closed for renovations this week, so revisited The Mango Tree up beside Supervalu, had a nice breakfast there.

Another nice wee spot is a café called 'The Perch' in Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow:

https://goo.gl/maps/tPvYBSUu4jsQBTnWA

Savage grub, plenty of parking outside and decent roads all round for a spin before or after some nom noms....

Now called the little acorn!

5f252a719e8165fba3aff6d2f90c5956.jpg

575239b093fc272b1620bf25c5154d08.jpg

Stopped here the other day, just on the Galway side of the Shannon at Banagher
A friendly young lady serving tea, coffee & sweet stuff but only Thursday on during the winter
Plenty of seating looking out on the river & a big car park behind

51697871724_c6f172dc6d_h.jpg

Looks good Jockser, let me know next time you are heading there, might come along some Thursday...

The Goodly Barrow Cafe, on the side of the Barrow in Goresbridge, Co Kilkenny (although the cafe is in Co Carlow apparently :nenau )
Bit of a museum, free, as well as the cafe. Indoor and, some covered / some not, outdoor seating. Good selection of sandwich options, soup & cakes.
The sausage rolls are gorgeous :drool

Came across this place this morning. It's called the Steel Yard Cafe and it's sited 8n Dunaghy just outside Ballymoney. The co ords are N55 04.202 W6 28.279 in the grounds of a steel fabricating business. When it says "cafe" it really is a mobile kitchen with a garden table outside it......however the grub us spectacular and in all my travels I have never tasted a burger like it. SWMBO who was with me agrees with me and cleared hers, even licking the box clean. If you want to know the opening hours, facebook page is Steel Yard Cafe. Will give more info and menu.

NATIVE Seafood in Portsteward.
Seafood chowder in bread bowl very good.
Monkfish scampi excellent.
edf86e72199b87a8a68662a7490b277d.jpg

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

nice of ya to arrange that - when will it be please :)

The Goodly Barrow Cafe, on the side of the Barrow in Goresbridge, Co Kilkenny (although the cafe is in Co Carlow apparently :nenau )
Bit of a museum, free, as well as the cafe. Indoor and, some covered / some not, outdoor seating. Good selection of sandwich options, soup & cakes.
The sausage rolls are gorgeous :drool

Location for one of the Iron Butt meetups last year, fabulous location.

Back
Top Bottom