Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Ireland

Bakery in Carlow town.

As you approach Carlow town from the east, on the Hackettstown road, there is a small shopping centre on the left. On the edge of it is a small bakery. Everything is baked in house, and the cakes Tengiz and I had were truly stunning. Well worth a stop.

Barron's Bakery Cappoquin and Petit Delice Cahirsiveen

Had lunch in Barron's, great burger, Damo had a hang and cheese Sanger and reported good things.
Coffee and cake in the petit Delice, great coffee and stunning cakes. Both worth consideration from the tosser collective. Also thanks to Gerry for encouraging the culinary tour of ireland. Err, photo rally.

Eden deli in Edenderry Main Street is a good spot for a stop. Good coffee, cakes and fresh made lunch type stuff. :thumb2

I have two near each other if your out for a spin on the north side of Dublin
http://www.minetta.ie/ is in Sutton Cross. Seating is outside, so not one for bad weather. Great coffee, amazing sandwiches (deviled crab is their signature sambo), healthy (and tasty!) salads, great desserts and lovely staff. They also make the best pizzas for miles.

http://ilpanoramacafe.com/site/
I'm sure somebody has put these guys up before, but its another great place to go an the owners are bikers. Coffee, smoothies, freshly made sambos and always a bit of banter. And in the summer lots of people watching while you sit outside with your double espresso.

If you want some (patchy) local knowledge just pm me and if I'm around the first coffe is on me.

Frou Frou on the Main Street in Enniskillen. Lovely grub and good coffee. Just up the road from Doherty's butchers to stock up on black bacon.

I don't suppose there's a gpx file anywhere with these recommendations?

I'm travelling to Tralee from Rosslare Sunday and Monday via the south coast :)

TIA

Market House Ennistymon, Co Clare. Close to Wild Atlantic Way

52°56'28.1"N 9°17'36.5"W

I stopped here on Tuesday as I took advantage of the best days weather until next spring... it caught my eye, nice old building, used to be the butter market. Inside is nice and bright with some glass roof light, friendly chatty staff. I had a snack of bread and butter pudding and custard, cup of coffee. It was very tasty, €7. Will go back. https://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g212534-d9789163-r428004734-Market_House-Ennistymon_County_Clare.html

Another place that caught my eye in Ennistymon is the bakery.... Unglert' Bakery, and judging purely by the look of the guy standing outside and the name, is run by a continental type of chap (the moustache). It's unusual to get a small dedicated bakery in a town the size of Ennistymon so Unglert must be doing something right.

Great little Cafe in Killala

We toke a spin to Ballycastle Head in Mayo on the bike at the weekend, found the 'On The Way' cafe in Killala, brilliant wee place, we had a lemon meringue and rhubarb tart & tea, superb. Nice atmosphere, owner and staff friendly and great service. I would certainly recommend this place.:thumb2

The Peppermill Cafe, Quin Road Business Park, Ennis, Co. Clare

Open from 07.30 till about 5pm every day including Sundays.
The "Full Irish" breckie is to be recommended. I've very often eaten here as its safe plentiful parking, good simple food, free coffee topups and at a fair price. Oh and loads of seating up stairs if the club is out on a rideout for the day.

Good Food in Lahinch Co. Clare on WAW

While I'm on a roll here I might as well mention another favourite of mine when out on 2 wheels.

Joe's Cafe, The Prom, Lahinch, Co.Clare.

Had the Whole hog breckie here once or twice and its good.....so good. On another occasion I had the All meat pizza in the evening with a few mates and really enjoyed it, it was really tasty and both meals I felt were good value for money. Place is open during the off season too.
Easy to find, just make the turn to the beach in Lahinch and its on your right hand side and no shortage of bike parking, cafe is a little small so a wait for a table might be needed when busy.

There's a new coffee shop / sandwich bar / salad bar on MacCurtain St in Cork.
It's called Crust.
Very welcoming to bikers, especially ukGSer members, even Jockser.
I can't comment on how good it is as I'm biased. It's my new business. :D

There's a new coffee shop / sandwich bar / salad bar on MacCurtain St in Cork.
It's called Crust.
Very welcoming to bikers, especially ukGSer members, even Jockser.
I can't comment on how good it is as I'm biased. It's my new business. :D

Does it have bikermatesecure parking ? :)

Back
Top Bottom