Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Ireland

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

Country kitchen in Howth village. Just to the right of the church in the village. great cakes ;) & very friendly young ladies serving the food and coffee :augie.

ATE . .

. . @ Joe Keane's @ Maam Bridge for toasted brown bread ham n cheese n a pot o tay n wotever you're havin' yourself . .

Mountrath

Good coffee and rolls at Emo stationon left of N7 heading south, about 500m before lights at Mountrath.

Try AJs in Crossgar, County Down , Food great and plenty of it .

McNultys chippy in Limavady. Take-out only, so bring a flip-up lid :D

Eateries

A sticky is a great idea for this , but lets make it useful - perhaps put the road/location in the title?

:aidan

There's a great wee greasy spoon (trailer) in the car park at TK Max at newtownabby. Chris and Amanda run it. Bacon and Egg bap a speciality.

:beer: :beer:

Whats the story in Ballamory, wouldn't you like to know.

Vireo,

I remember a few years ago being in an Italian owned chipper in Waterford. Best food I have ever had from a chip shop. Whaddya call it? Feckin mighty spot, must give it a shout some time again.

Ok, here is my choice, waypoints maye not be 100% as Mapsource doesn't have specific eateries listed, but here goes:-

1. The Galley, Glassdrumman Rd, Annalong, Co Down.
N54 06.612 W5 53.969

Take away only, but weather permitting tables outside. Best choice of fish I have ever had, size and variety.

2. Mortons Fish Shop, Ballycastle Harbour, Co Antrim.
N55 12.443 W6 14.454

Co Antrims answer to The Galley. Again take away only, can wait for your fish but choice, variety, size and quality worth it.

3. The Pitstop, Balloo Rd, Bangor, Co Down.
N54 38.355 W5 40.125

Choice of Take away, roadside trucker type set up or sit-in and enjoy huge variety, from Ulster fry to Sunday dinner, and pots of tea/coffee, very reasonably priced and large portions.

4. Cafollas, Conway Square, Newtownards.
N54 35.588 W5 41.773

Small family run diner, sit in or take away, everything from beans on toast to Ulster fry and fish and chips and the famed Cafollas Ice Cream. Get there on Saturday and avail of the street market being overwatched by the bronze statue of Blair Mayne.

5. Daft Eddies, Sketerick Island, Co Down.
N54 29.287 W5 38.896

Bar/Lounge/Restaurant overlooking Whiterock Bay and the yacht club. Outside tables are a favourite in the dry weather.

6. Herrons Country Fried Chicken, Bridge St, Comber, Co Down.
N54 33.072 W5 44.551

Personal favourite and very tasty better, (we think) alternative to KFC. Take away only but Kebab on chips with chicken gravy sauce to die for. (Not real kebab meat, just fried chicken diced, but Mmmmmm)

7. AJ's Downpatrick Rd, Crossgar, Co Down.
N54 23.748 W5 45.637

Just agreeing with Geno here and adding waypoint. Top Nosh.

Sorry if the waypoints are not 100%, but if you get that close you'll see them. Think thats enough for me for today, beginning to look like advertising section in Yellow Pages, hope they have been a help. :beer:

Vireo,

I remember a few years ago being in an Italian owned chipper in Waterford..

Aidan

Dunno
:confused:

....aren't they all (Italian owned) ?

If you had the vaguest idea of WHERE in Waterford, I might be able to help........even if I'm still only a blow in.

It reminds me of being at a soccer match Ireland v Italy a few years back in Landsdown Rd. I brought my son (8-9 at the time) and was sitting amongst a mixed group of fans. We were 1-0 down when one Italian guy stands up and goes IT-TAL-YA, IT-TAL-YA at the top of his voice while his team attacked again, Dublin wag beside me is having no more of this and without turning around to the Italian, in a friendly way, goes......."ah, shuddup will ye, or we'll burn down your chipper....!

It was funny at the time.....:(

DUBLINER WIT . .

. . or what about Jason Sherlock being fouled on the field & a voice from the stand roars "Hit him with your wok, Jason!"

Ultimate Irish Pizza #1

Four Delicous Words...." Famous Pizza Hot Please!"

Genuinely well worth the spin to Monaghan if your a serious pizza buff :thumb2

Take-away Pizzas only..so bring a flip up Lid :D

Pizza Specalist since 1991 and pure busy every weekend since then.
Bit of a Local Pizza Legend and sells nothing else but Takeaway Pizza for the last 17 years:rob
Pizza Dor even offers Octopus Pizza or a Chinese BeanSprout Pizza, but the best advice is to keep it simple
"Famous Pizza Hot and a garlic bread and a wee tinny" ..is the biz:thumb2
Open 5pm Daily Closed every Tuesday

If your in the area... GPS location is N54* 14.848* W006* 58.355*

See? Thinking inside the box. I prefer to look at it in this fashion. There is no mention of cost whatsoever, so my assumption is that the pizza, garlic bread and wee tinny are free to tossers :thumb2:bounce1:bounce1. Good show what?:aidan:aidan

Back
Top Bottom