Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Ireland

food in Kildare

one of my favourites... is the Capri Grill in Naas Co Kildare
53°13'9.52"N, 6°39'42.38"W

run by an Italian family for the last 3 million years...

its a great place to just pull in and warm up with a MASSIVE plate of food...
which is nice to see because it seems everybody else is counting the number of chips they give you... or telling you that "cheese" is counted as a main on a sandwich ( O'Briens sandwich bar.... you know you're wrong)

the fried eggs/liver/chips & beans are my favourite...

christ my mouth just started watering.........

The `chuck wagon` at blakes cross between swords and lusk!

Frankie's Eatwell café in Derrylin Co Fermanagh.

Friendly, reasonably priced and well worth a call if you are in the area. :thumb2

IMG_3960.jpg

Attachments

• Derrylin Cafe.gdb
    160 bytes · Views: 202
The Half Barrell in Whitegate East Clare heading toward portumna. Excellent food and very reasonable. Main Course, Pudding and cup of tea for under €20
Phil

I know there's no shortage of places in Dublin, but if you're out in the Crumlin area and fancy a fry, go to Matt the Rashers and get a famous breakfast.

I know there's no shortage of places in Dublin, but if you're out in the Crumlin area and fancy a fry, go to Matt the Rashers and get a famous breakfast.

:agree

A couple of us went there on Saturday morning & I didn't need to eat for the rest of the day ;) All that fried food probably isn't the healthiest but I enjoyed it :D

la costa chipper

found by mistake taking a wrong turning for the boat this morning :D

54 clontarf rd dub

55-North,Portrush.

Happened upon this place 'www.55-north.com' yesterday and couldn't believe the value...the early evening menu,between 5pm-7pm,was 3 courses for a £10!!!!
Good staff,great food and overlooking the sea.I wish I could find somewhere like this in Dublin.

the Lock Keepers Inn

A place for people to enjoy small simple pleasures in their otherwise hectic lives - that's what they find here.
the Lock Keepers Inn
Newforge, Malone Road, Belfast.

Thanks for the reference Iris :augie

Quails

Quails cafe at the Gallery
200 Newry rd BanbridgeC o Down BT32 3NB
Its just before The Outlet.
Super cafe really excellent value for money anything from a bowl of soup
to a full meal.
Loads of secure parking there is a Tourist info centre plus a gallery dedicated to the sculpter Frederick McWilliam.
Try the burger it's huge :augie

Johnn Macs chippy Newcastle (beside the bridge) homemade chips not the
frozen ones...and amazin fish!:drool

John Dorys (Carryduff shopping centre) try the smoked battered Haddock!:thumb2

ah Bogman the little chipper in Cork (Norrie side) top of hill beside lesiure centre (Gurrenabragher???) maybe?? :confused:

Had a run in Donegal, up over Knockalla to Rathmullan. Stopped off at "Belles Kitchen" in Rathmullan, Excellent grub & highly recommended

+1 for the caravan on the way to Dursey cable car. Never had a burger before that actually taste meat.

Kookys Belfast

Kookys on Belfast's Lisburn Road (beside Methody). Excellent coffee and food, usually plenty of parking right at the door and free wi-fi. Lunchtime specials superb and surely the best soup in town :thumb.

would be handy if this thread was split into the 4 provinces, Ulster, Connaught, Leinster & Munster

Back
Top Bottom