Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Scotland

Tomich Cafe, at the side of the A9, across from Invergordon (north of Inverness).

Not n Scotland but likely to be handy for those coming from or heading for the Ijmuiden ferry at Tyne Dock: Cafe Maelmin, a few miles north of Wooler on the A697. Freshly cooked food and excellent all day breakfast. Friendly Northumbrian folk too. :D

Not n Scotland but likely to be handy for those coming from or heading for the Ijmuiden ferry at Tyne Dock: Cafe Maelmin, a few miles north of Wooler on the A697. Freshly cooked food and excellent all day breakfast. Friendly Northumbrian folk too. :D

But what about the waitresses?

The Whistlestop Cafe in Kinlochewe is well worth a visit. Good food, decent coffee, opens from 8am, and waitresses were lovely too.

Opening soon at 114 High St Newburgh, Fife...(previously The Blue Door Café) Dog and motorcyclist friendly. The proprietors are dog owning bikers.

Screen%20Shot%202018-03-17%20at%2017.20.21.png

The Pier Cafe, Lairg. A bit posh to be called a greasy spoon but reasonable prices and great food.

http://www.pier-cafe.co.uk/
Not far south of there (turn right across the river and past the petrol station) is the Falls of Shin visitor centre. Good food and great coffee and handy for a group of bikes as there’s plenty of space / parking.

I’m biased as PD was second home but with the best fish n chips on the east coast and reasonable the Dolphin Caff Peterhead fish market site but open to all.

I’m biased as PD was second home but with the best fish n chips on the east coast and reasonable the Dolphin Caff Peterhead fish market site but open to all.

Back in the uni day, hitched a lift with present missus SB from a panel van crewed by Twa Peterheid loons. Might as well have been spikkin Swahili to us! Lossie Quine missus even struggled at times!

The Grill on the outskirts of Newtonmore is a good place

https://www.transportcafe.co.uk/truck-stops/truckstop-review-newtonmore-grill/

Friendly, good value food and drink and easy to access just off the A9. You can park your camper there for the night if you have one, walk into town (500m to the Glen hotel) or have a couple of cold ones in the wee back bar of the Grill.

Or just pass through and have a brew.

+1 for Nigel and his crew. Lovely food, decent coffee - well worth a trip down to the Seaview

Chips - The Wee Hurrie in Troon takes some beating
Breakfast - Midweek in Glasgow "Operetta" on Waterloo Street - some really good stuff there.

Ali Nardini down at Inverkip Marina is decent as well

+1 for Nigel and his crew. Lovely food, decent coffee - well worth a trip down to the Seaview

Chips - The Wee Hurrie in Troon takes some beating
Breakfast - Midweek in Glasgow "Operetta" on Waterloo Street - some really good stuff there.

Ali Nardini down at Inverkip Marina is decent as well

Yup, Nigels a mate of mine....saw him last week at The Highland Show, and the week before at Wemyss bay....I always drop my bike off at Parks, get a loaner and head over for breakfast and resupply of rib-eye steaks.

Welcome aboard by the way.

Opening soon at 114 High St Newburgh, Fife...(previously The Blue Door Café) Dog and motorcyclist friendly. The proprietors are dog owning bikers.

Screen%20Shot%202018-03-17%20at%2017.20.21.png

Is there anywhere in this day and age that says no bikers ?

I had to sit outside a cafe in Oban whilst the dug had it's breakfast

Back
Top Bottom