Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

I have to agree with Timolgra, Pete's Eats @ Llanberis. The biggest and best mug of tea in North Wales.

foolonastrom
    Stopped at the Wye Not Stop Cafe in Llyswen on Sat. Bit posh, but still happy to serve bikers(the Owners son had his Triumph 675 parked out the back!).

VERY good selection of cakes, had a really nice banofi pie, the mrs had a home made caramel slice, yum!

I have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    I have to agree with Timolgra, Pete's Eats @ Llanberis. The biggest and best mug of tea in North Wales.

I was there yesterday. They also do a mean haddock and Chips! The Apple pie is also very nice! Highly rated in my book.

Have you tried the "Ponderosa"

On the A542 Llangollen - Ruthin road 1370 feet ASL, warm welcome and good grub. Many bikers there especially at weekends. Regulars gather on Mondays and Thursdays. C U up there. No need for oxygen cylinders.

This Guy, Great Food, Great Coffee, Great Service.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by What Speed Limit View Post
    This Guy, Great Food, Great Coffee, Great Service.
    Looks like "Super Bites" on the A470 Brecon Beacons just North of the Storie Arms pub.

Popular Sunday afternoon stop

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The cafe next to the tourist office in Hay on Wye is okay. They don't take the mickey with their prices unlike some other places in the town.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...04828&t=h&z=18
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

great idear, please give also good foad
    -Chrickhowell the Bear

Thumbs up

I recommend Conti's Cafe in Lampeter. It is right on the main road on the mini-roundabout in the centre. Excellent food, from cawl, to pancakes, icecream, etc. Lovely coffee and nice people running the place! I've always been made welcome when I have been there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites...tis_cafe.shtml

For directions.........

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ion_Wales.html
    “Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership”. RobZim

EVO

Newport

(N51 35.615 W2 58.897) If you are going through Newport (cannot thing of any reason to stop ) The Duckpool Cafe on Duckpool Road open from 8am until 2 pm Monday to Saturday and 11am to 2 pm Sunday.
    £3.95 for a sausage, two bacon, egg, fried bread, beans or tomatoes, hash brown or chip potatoes (real flat chips, you know the flat round ones), toast or Bread and butter and a cupper tea or coffee. It is A one. This is normally the start to my days ride out as after this I am fit to go until early evening. Although have been known to fit the odd cheese burger in with loads of unions as well during the day. (healthy eating, its the way of the future, so I am told )

Otherwise South Wales Supper Bikes (N51 34.301 W2 56.674) open until 3pm.
    They have a road side cafe outside, food is good and always loads of bikers.

For a quieter option you could try the Glanbran Cafe in Cynghordy on the A483 about 5 miles North East of Llandovery.

Makes a nice halt between Epynt and Abergwesyn.

Might even organise a monthly gathering there in the near future.

Great coffee and cake Nice view outside too! Plus you get the bonus of hearing all the power-rangers coming and going past, cocking up the corners, in the wrong gear and the like. Highly amusing that Thank god I put my standard exhaust back on then

grid ref ish n5202.524 w344.219
    Allan Davies

Going down west?

Try the cafe at Withybush airport Haverfordwest - terminal 1! Good value breakfast.

tobyh

near bala

Call in at LL23 7LG Caerau Uchaf, best Bikers stop b4 Bala. Great Cafe, amazing views when you can see them. I'm biased, its our open garden signposted off the A494 but its a bit different. Cafe serves Tai Chicken Curry, Bolognaise, Burgers etc. I can send you away cross country when you leave if you like! Done more since you were last here timolgra!

Quote Originally Posted by tobyh View Post
    Call in at LL23 7LG Caerau Uchaf, best Bikers stop b4 Bala. Great Cafe, amazing views when you can see them. I'm biased, its our open garden signposted off the A494 but its a bit different. Cafe serves Tai Chicken Curry, Bolognaise, Burgers etc. I can send you away cross country when you leave if you like! Done more since you were last here timolgra!
    Toby, are you at the end of the minor road that heads towards Llyn Caer-Euni? What are your opening times?

tobyh

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by KeeF650 View Post
    Toby, are you at the end of the minor road that heads towards Llyn Caer-Euni? What are your opening times?
    sorry didnt look again. Yes we are where you thought, there are signs to our place now. We are open 10 till 5 but any time really

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast