Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
    Whistlestop Cafe HTM ind estate Rhuddlan north wales.

Fantastic food ,great prices. Fast service.
    Warm atmosphere surrounded by bikers alike.
    Notice board with regional info,mags and papers to read.
    Fill your belly then burn it off with a ride via abergele and llanrwst to betws-y-coed. Cut through Beddgelert to porthmadog and back to the a5 via llanfestiniog and ysbyty ifan. WOW great road. Nice places to eat in porthmadog. And if you have room Rhyg estate nr Corwen on a5 for a Buffalo Burger, have had many good reviews of here.
    The main attraction of the Whistlestop for me is the stunning blonde waitress

As for the Rhug, it's a commercial rip off under the guise of an organic countryside enterprise (I used to rent one of their houses), made even worse recently as they extended to cope with, and make even more money from passing tourists....good burgers though

Lake Hill Fishery near Llandegla, only a few miles from the Ponderosa:
    http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.078765...42272&t=h&z=15
    www.lakehillfishery.com
    Short (bumpy) track to Lyn Cyfynwy. Cafe (for anglers) is very welcoming to bikers with or without waders. Plain, simple food. If gate to track on A5104 is open, the cafe's open. Lovely, quiet spot...and a sun trap on the right day.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    where would be good to get a brekky in holyhead on a monday morning

Diolch

Cafe Gwynant

At the side of the lovely road from Beddgelert to Pen y Pass on the A498 near to where the Watkin Path starts up yr Wyddfa (that's Snowdon), as you probably know the whole of Eryri (Snowdonia) is brilliant for biking. It's a converted chapel just above the road and with a parking space reserved for bikes right by the entrance, they opened specially for the Llyn Biker meet on their off day a couple of weeks ago. The owner used to be chef at Port Meirion, the cakes are to die for, so if you are a diabetic this is a place to avoid, trust me!

More at:
    http://www.cafesnowdon.co.uk/
    Johnefyn

The New Celtic chip shop/café in the harbour at Aberaeron is pretty good
    http://goo.gl/maps/WdK1
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RichLew View Post
    I had a meal there on Sunday and it was awful, not to mention expensive
    . Now I know why all the other lads go to the one in the petrol station, just west of Sennybridge on the A40

Sennybridge service Station every time!

West End cafe is over-priced, over-rated and only full of bikers as it is a poseurs paradise

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinBont View Post
    Sennybridge service Station every time!

West End cafe is over-priced, over-rated and only full of bikers as it is a poseurs paradise
    Your not wrong mate.

take your pick

spinnakers - betws y coed - watch the world go by

ninos - rhos on sea - open late

whistlestop - rhuddlan - full breakfast & builders tea

Liverpool Arms - conwy quay - unique setting

min y morfa farm shop - bodelwyddan - best breakfast

stag - llangernew - best sunday lunch

The Honey Cafe, Bronllys LD3 0LH does very nice cakes.

Just off the A479 near the junction with the A438.

N.Wales secret.

I'd like to be selfish about this place to keep special, but the owner deserves recognition: FITZPATRICKS in the middle of Bethesda, you'll see the Triton in the window, and has a raised decked area out back over a fast running rugged Welsh river, with far reaching mountain views. With a great biker friendly atmosphere, memorabilia, service, quality and price. Nuff said.

Franklin's cafe Ogmore on the coast rd, MMMMmmmmmm

Wavecrest Cafe

Here's an absolute gem of a café. It's the Wavecrest Café at Church Bay on Anglesey.
    Called in there today for lunch, I had home made cheese and onion pie with chunky chips and salad accompanied by a proper builders brew tea - lovely.
    It's in a beautiful spot over-looking the sea and the food and service is spot on, everything is home made.
    So next time you take a ride onto Angelsey stay clear of the A55 and make your lunch stop at the Wavecrest Café I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by PW Cymru View Post
    Your not wrong mate.
    Over priced, over rated yes.

But full of posers no,

When I'm off I spend probably a minimum of 2 afternoons a week chatting shit there with others.

I would say the posers I chat shit with have a 100k average mileage on their bikes.

one fireblade has 165k on it and he has 3 bikes.

What the west end has is location and that you cannot beat,

Also there's a shop over the road

Quote Originally Posted by zzrman View Post
    Surprised that no one has mentioned Crossgates at the junction of the A483/A44.

There's also a nice cafe in Rhayader right on the junction of the A44 and A470, directly opposite the war memorial. Think it's called Morgan's.
    Just to reiterate, these two are still nice places to visit. I have visited both in the last month.

The Rhayader one is called Ty Morgans to be precise. This one gets very busy on Sunday lunchtimes as they do a carvery.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Normans Cafe on the downs is to close for good from the end of september....

planning in for a two bed cottage conversion...

Steel Horse Cafe Abergavenny

Great food and drinks good place to meet other bikers.
    Abergavenny to Raglan old road NP7 9AY

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast