Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in Wales

Hi

+1 for theSteel Horse Cafe Abergavenny, even better when the waitress wears her stockings and suspenders (and I'm not joking)

Regards Jessydog

Party-Y-Seal

Hi

This is a cracking place, not far from Skenfrifth.

http://www.partyseal.co.uk/?page_id=69

Regards Jessydog

Owls Nest Tea Room and Diner. Better than the other Llandovery offering by far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by pembsgs View Post
    Owls Nest Tea Room and Diner. Better than the other Llandovery offering by far.

No vista,Full of bus biking anoraks and the proprietor takes pictures and puts them on facebook without asking and dont wash his hands after sitting outside smoking and then serving drinks and food.
    look carefully!

[QUOTE=BlueBird;3819576]No vista,Full of bus biking anoraks and the proprietor takes pictures and puts them on facebook without asking and dont wash his hands after sitting outside smoking and then serving drinks and food.
    look carefully![/

Horses for courses old chap.

I thought my trip advisor comments might have been an abnormal one-off for Pebble Cafe, Newgale. But it wasn't. This place is terrible. Worse food than a WSB Round at Donnington and more expensive too. And you get to sit next to the bogs.

38% Recommend
    Excellent 3 Very good 2 Average1 Poor1 Terrible7

new cafe

just taken over the Croes Y Ceiliog Inn, B & B and Café (formally known as the Poacher's Pocket). We are open 7 days a week from 8.30 am (9 am at weekends) till 5pm we would love to see some fellow tossers call for a cuppa. We are in Llanwrda just off the A40 between Llandeilo and Llandovery just off the Lampeter junction. Great roads in the area, near the Black Mountains on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Oh aye and a good breakfast is served with a warm welcome to all
    cheers Mike and Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by mwalters View Post
    just taken over the Croes Y Ceiliog Inn, B & B and Café (formally known as the Poacher's Pocket). We are open 7 days a week from 8.30 am (9 am at weekends) till 5pm we would love to see some fellow tossers call for a cuppa. We are in Llanwrda just off the A40 between Llandeilo and Llandovery just off the Lampeter junction. Great roads in the area, near the Black Mountains on the edge of the Brecon Beacons. Oh aye and a good breakfast is served with a warm welcome to all
    cheers Mike and Teresa
    The web-site says the cafe is closed for refurb?

cheers Mike and Teresa
    Stopped by today (okay i was in the car) open for business and doing some nice nosh too. Big slab of carrot cake (one of my 5 a day) and coffee. The guy opposite had a full brekkie only wimping out on the black pud.

From the conversation they have B&B and it'd make a great base for a long weekend or mid-week base, near enough to the Brecon Beacons and the Gower... or pop up the back roads, all twisty and scenic to Talley Abbey or the Gold Mine then on to the West Coast.

Chuffed that these guys have got this off the ground and it deserves our support. Good chatters to.

51° 58′ 1.23″ N 3° 52′ 34.41″ W
    51.96701 -3.87622

Thanks Lamble for you support I've got problems with the Web at the moment but it's all open 7 days thanks again hope to see you all mike and Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by Lamble View Post
    Stopped by today (okay i was in the car) open for business and doing some nice nosh too. Big slab of carrot cake (one of my 5 a day) and coffee. The guy opposite had a full brekkie only wimping out on the black pud.

From the conversation they have B&B and it'd make a great base for a long weekend or mid-week base, near enough to the Brecon Beacons and the Gower... or pop up the back roads, all twisty and scenic to Talley Abbey or the Gold Mine then on to the West Coast.

Chuffed that these guys have got this off the ground and it deserves our support. Good chatters to.

51° 58′ 1.23″ N 3° 52′ 34.41″ W
    51.96701 -3.87622
    Tried the full breakfast and it was well worth the trip up.

Followed up with desert in Aberaeron

Great to have an alternative to usual Llandovery location.

Good luck with your new business,

I'll be back for sure.

thanks

Thanks Paul for the write up, glad you were happy with breakfast, worked hard training the wife. nice to put a face to the name. Had a few more bikers stop by later this afternoon on way back up North

Thanks Lamble for you support I've got problems with the Web at the moment but it's all open 7 days thanks again hope to see you all mike and Teresa
    Added to Trip Advisor.

thanks

Quick thanks again internet nightmares, hoping to have it sorted tomorrow, so watch this space

Fancy somewhere a little different for a coffee and cake or even a bit of lunch cooked by an up and coming young chef? If you happen to be on the Pembrokeshire/Cardiganshire border in Llechryd cross the narrow stone bridge over River Teifi from the A484 Cardigan to Newcastle Emlyn road turn right through a stone gateway and follow the tree lined avenue to Hammet House, a quirky country hotel.

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

cheers Mike and Teresa
    Called in here today for breakfast/brunch. A small clean cafe with plenty of parking to the rear though it is gravelled so bring your side stand puck. Parking on quiet road to the front.

Opted for the full breakfast with the option of beans or toms, bacon, egg, mushrooms, black pudding, sauté tattles and a cuppa. Cooked fresh to order so a bit of a wait, which I think is worth it because you know it's then fresh. Guessing that it was the owner mike that chatted to us as we waited for our food, a fledgling cafe with B and B and pub attached as someone else states an alternative to the usual Llandovery fare and in my opinion a better option. Good access to the main biking roads as well. Will be the favoured stop from now. The cakes looked pretty damn good too, will be back to try them

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast