great blow job

Gazzabart

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
what part of the heading grabbed your attention ????
not sure if i read this on here
but on Saturday i had to give my bike a major buff up
hose off - muc off - light jet wash - then wax in bucket with sponge
then as you know the bike can then hold approx 10 gallons of water in every possible crevice
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me thinks
the garden vac / blower
plugged the blower part in then let rip for 10 mins
just like a car wash at the end
worked a treat and it was dry enough to polish every nook and cranny
then finish some parts off with ac50
try it next time if you want you would be amazed how much water came flying out from under panels and fins etc
have a good weekend
Gaz :beerjug:

Done that occasionally when washing to leave the bike for a long time. You do get a lot of water out, but I also had the sneaking suspicion that you're also driving the water into other nooks and crannies. Who knows??

you are right

when i read that i thought yes must be care ful but cos of our fantastic summer this year i have often been caught out in the rain driving at 70+ on the motorway and that must have blasted the rain even further into the nooks and crannies and all has seemed ok - quick change of chat - bought a optimate sp3 and after reading many battery probs i thought you should know it works great bike fires up first time everytime even after being left for two weeks - croc clips connect straight to battery quick and easy :thumb2

croc clips connect straight to battery quick and easy :thumb2

don't want to piss on your chips, but i always see croc clips on a fitted battery as a major, firestarting short just waiting to happen.

Yep, agree with what you're saying. Only difference is you can blast the air sidewards into the engine, not common when riding. Best thing is to get it out for a ride to boil the water off - great in summer, not so practical now. All that said, never had a problem with the garden blower thing. You tend to get some strange looks from your neighbours though :D

Glad you're doing OK with the Optimate. Might want to consider one of those weatherproof leads. You can hardwire to the batter and tie wrap it to the frame, just next to the power socket. Saves you having to have the seat off all the time.

Back
Top Bottom