Squid
Doc savage
Rushy
MarkN (off another site)
karnevil
KevinC
Pipster
Jonah
Hope to have a good day with you all. Do i require Massey Fergason tyres, bearing in mind this lovely weather!!!!:augie:rolleyes:

Terry,

Is that the lane by Chatworth, just over the bridge by the trafic lights?

;);)
Terry,

Is that the lane by Chatworth, just over the bridge by the trafic lights?

yes we should get to do that one;) and the other one closer to Chatworth house;);)..
so you coming grandad ? after you said you was going to kick Phils arse on the lanes :D:D

it's in the derbyshire peaks, but it's been done up , in regards new gravel laided ,so it's not longer that much fun:D

but i know loads just as good... if your looking for guide ;):)

Certainly like to go out some time and could bring some other guys if you wanted. Haven't done Tenterhill or 3 Shires and fancy having a go.:thumb2

Certainly like to go out some time and could bring some other guys if you wanted. Haven't done Tenterhill or 3 Shires and fancy having a go.:thumb2

lol.
i'll do tenthills all day long on the KTM...but we are going out on the GS's plus it's a first time for a few riders on off road stuff:p...So how much do you think the guys would talk to me after if i was to lead them up those lanes:D:D:D... hence why i'm staying on the very easy lanes in the peaks..

group size is limited to 10 people...i think we have 11 people saying that they are coming out... I'm sure one or two may drop out which would suit me :)
but if we have a few dropping out it should get posted on here so keep a eye :)out

Unfortunately it's Mrs Spouts birthday weekend. Don't think I'll be allowed out to play :tears:tears

Here's one for the archives - 3 GSs (and various super modern machinery :D) about to tackle Tenterhill 20 years ago

Attachments

• trial Oct 87a small.jpg
    trial Oct 87a small.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 102
Unfortunately it's Mrs Spouts birthday weekend. Don't think I'll be allowed out to play :tears:tears

Here's one for the archives - 3 GSs (and various super modern machinery :D) about to tackle Tenterhill 20 years ago

looks like you have came down tenterhills and going up to booth farm?

i saw some guys about 2 years ago doing a bloody hard lane in the peaks..
riding two up on a gsa and some on the 1200s.
came across them about 2 hours later ...still on the same lane:D:D stuck in a deep water hole in rutes:D:D nice idea but not for me on my gsa:thumb

lol.
i'll do tenthills all day long on the KTM...but we are going out on the GS's plus it's a first time for a few riders on off road stuff:p...So how much do you think the guys would talk to me after if i was to lead them up those lanes:D:D:D... hence why i'm staying on the very easy lanes in the peaks..

group size is limited to 10 people...i think we have 11 people saying that they are coming out... I'm sure one or two may drop out which would suit me :)
but if we have a few dropping out it should get posted on here so keep a eye :)out

"if you want a hard one then i'll do another day out, but i'll be on the KTM"

It was your earlier offer I had in mind!
I'm sure neither of those would be suitable for GSes!

"if you want a hard one then i'll do another day out, but i'll be on the KTM"

It was your earlier offer I had in mind!
I'm sure neither of those would be suitable for GSes!

i've got nothing planned for the peaks other than paid tours for the next few months on my ktm
This gs day if more of a lark for for me with a few people i know and some i do not..
So if your looking for a guide and are happy to pay then i can help you:thumb2

cheers
terry

ktm525exc
Flipfly
tarry
Squid
Doc savage
Rushy
MarkN (off another site)
karnevil
KevinC
Pipster
zaper..aka Malcolm
Jonah

Hope to have a good day with you all. Do i require Massey Fergason tyres, bearing in mind this lovely weather!!!!

in reply to this question..i'm going to try and keep us on level stuff, because i do not wana drop my bike again:D....plus a few are turning up on std road wheels and tyres..
but if i can get the money later on in the year i'll up grade my tyres and crash system so i can do a few more mudder lanes.. just in case i drope it..:D
. then we may require better tryes...:D:DThe outing is more of a easy day out rather than a normal days laning that i do on the KTM..
i hope a few of us carry on with going out from time to time on the gs/s on the lanes because even at the slower pace i intend to do it's a nice day out.

SO guys and girls the day is now fully booked up... :bounce1

a few recommendations .
turn up with only half a tank of fuel. if you need to top up on the day do not fill the bugger..
you will get wet and dirty...so bring /wear what you like..but you may get very hot at times..
no panniers because some gates we go throw are too narrow..
speed limit on the lanes 15 mph max.. slow down when u see walkers. work as a team..
keep your distance from each other on the lanes... help each other buy laughing after a event !!

i'm sure PHIL & Malcolm could add a more to the above ,them both been off road Gods...

lets have nice day out..

The next one will be Wales...:thumb

ktm525exc
Flipfly
tarry
Squid
Doc savage
Rushy
MarkN (off another site)
karnevil
KevinC
Pipster
zaper..aka Malcolm
Jonah

Hope to have a good day with you all. Do i require Massey Fergason tyres, bearing in mind this lovely weather!!!!

in reply to this question..i'm going to try and keep us on level stuff, because i do not wana drop my bike again:D....plus a few are turning up on std road wheels and tyres..
but if i can get the money later on in the year i'll up grade my tyres and crash system so i can do a few more mudder lanes.. just in case i drope it..:D
. then we may require better tryes...:D:DThe outing is more of a easy day out rather than a normal days laning that i do on the KTM..
i hope a few of us carry on with going out from time to time on the gs/s on the lanes because even at the slower pace i intend to do it's a nice day out.

SO guys and girls the day is now fully booked up... :bounce1

a few recommendations .
turn up with only half a tank of fuel. if you need to top up on the day do not fill the bugger..
you will get wet and dirty...so bring /wear what you like..but you may get very hot at times..
no panniers because some gates we go throw are too narrow..
speed limit on the lanes 15 mph max.. slow down when u see walkers. work as a team..
keep your distance from each other on the lanes... help each other buy laughing after a event !!

i'm sure PHIL & Malcolm could add a more to the above ,them both been off road Gods...

lets have nice day out..

The next one will be Wales...:thumb

That sounds good, as a group we can steadily increase the level through the year:thumb2

That sounds good, as a group we can steadily increase the level through the year:thumb2

ktm525exc
Flipfly
rudiemoto;)
tarry
Squid
Doc savage
Rushy
MarkN (off another site)
karnevil
KevinC
Pipster
zaper..aka Malcolm
Jonah

we can call our selves the muddy team:D it will be interesting to see who's up for a second go after yhe first one:D:D

ktm525exc
we can call our selves the muddy team:D it will be interesting to see who's up for a second go after yhe first one:D:D

I'm already there :D:D:D:D

If I can I would also like to suggest trying to get hold of MotoX boots or trials boots. If you can't get them, make sure you jump clear of the bike if (when) you drop it.

Remove the rubbers from your footpegs (those who still have the standard pegs) as the rubbers are like standing on wet ice when covered in mud.

I'll have a small first aid kit for cuts and scratches (and maybe a wee nippy for if it's really cold) :thumb

I'm already there :D:D:D:D

If I can I would also like to suggest trying to get hold of MotoX boots or trials boots. If you can't get them, make sure you jump clear of the bike if (when) you drop it.

Remove the rubbers from your footpegs (those who still have the standard pegs) as the rubbers are like standing on wet ice when covered in mud.

I'll have a small first aid kit for cuts and scratches (and maybe a wee nippy for if it's really cold) :thumb

lol:D:D:D we only get cold if a bike breaks down or a ride gets a knock..
but at the speed i'll be doing on the lanes we should be ok...but i never say never:D:D plus if we are hanging around for IAN to take two pictures and 300 hours to focus a camera :D:D:D other than that i'll not be getting cold..
ok Chaps the meet place will be at Allgreave on the A54 , thats the road coming from Congleton.. going to Buxton... 9.00 am sharp at he PUB, which is on a tight bend...:thumb if your late tough:D:D luck:D:D
anyone wishing to meet me at the petrol satation on junction 23 M6 can do so at 8.10 am:) lets hope the is not a frost:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hi
looked like a great days riding. It looked like the area around anglers retreat if so have riden alot in the area (on 450 exc) will be riding bm on the easier lanes when drier

Hope you have good days riding on 6th

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 118
Hi
looked like a great days riding. It looked like the area around anglers retreat if so have riden alot in the area (on 450 exc) will be riding bm on the easier lanes when drier

Hope you have good days riding on 6th

yip it was around that area,
it was my second time out that way, last time we got to Devils brigde (almost).. but that was in April in sun shine:D...look like the is plenty of tracks that are used in the area,
I shall be returning at the end of Jan.
do you get out much in Worcestershire...spent many a hour fishing on the 7 when i was a kid;) been a ex brummy

Chaps
I'm going to ask you guys to put your hands in your pockets for the Airambulance , !! £2 pounds each or more if you want.
http://www.northwestairambulance.com/.
airambulance.jpg

i know we are riding in the peaks on the day but i'm sure the location does not matter for this ride out..:thumb

oh might be handy if wana take a Map with you for the day Os scale 1.50 119 , we might even get upto 110 area.. Dose not matter if you have not got them..because the a good few of us been out here before, the only real reason is case you wana miss a lane out and i can show you where to meet US:D

Back
Top Bottom