it's a date then the 6th of jan for winter ride 2

Knobblies fitted, snow ordered and raring to go :D:D:D

Have just aquired a 650 dakar for when it gets a bit more challenging but will be on the old girl this time :thumb

lets have nice day out.....as Phil comment to me over the weekend i wonder how many will be talking to me after:D:D

all the best
terry

We all will, it wouldn't be polite if we didn't thank you for picking the bikes up all day -

We did tell you about the group decision that the trail leader takes this responsibilty along with grading the routes:D:D:D

We all will, it wouldn't be polite if we didn't thank you for picking the bikes up all day -

We did tell you about the group decision that the trail leader takes this responsibilty along with grading the routes:D:D:D

got you there:D...who said i was leading:D happy to show you where the lanes are..:D:D:D

oh a reminder
Chaps
I'm going to ask you guys to put your hands in your pockets for the Airambulance , !! £2 pounds each or more if you want.
http://www.northwestairambulance.com/.

i know we are riding in the peaks on the day but i'm sure the location does not matter for this ride out..

oh might be handy if wana take a Map with you for the day Os scale 1.50 119 , we might even get upto 110 area.. Dose not matter if you have not got them..because the a good few of us been out here before, the only real reason is case you wana miss a lane out and i can show you where to meet US

plus a reminder to those folk this is a BMW run out:D:D:D
so if your one of those numbtys who's just brought another make of bike, (lets say a KTM for instance) you can not come..:D...:D:D:D:D

can not wait to see one in the flesh in Action:D:D:D

not remember pong, pac man or frogger ?

none of them either:D:D

i'm far too young ... honest. now if you ask pister who's an old fart or Rushy who looks OLDER THAN most on here..thses chaps may remember them:D:D

oh Doc you still meeting me at 8 10 am on Sunday ;):thumb

i'm please i'm too old to remeber Atari:D:D:D

Fixed :thumb

Speaking to our resident weatherman it's going to be:

a) Very Very Cold

b) More than likely, Very Very Icy

If this is the case and TCK's are new to you, please be very very careful, whilst they are a good tyre, they can be a little wayward when new and a little bit of throttle can induce tremendous wheelspin.

Slow and steady all day me thinks.

none of them either:D:D

i'm far too young ... honest. now if you ask pister who's an old fart or Rushy who looks OLDER THAN most on here..thses chaps may remember them:D:D

oh Doc you still meeting me at 8 10 am on Sunday ;):thumb

I'll be there :thumb2 gonna tryto ride down the Lancs with a mug of coffee :eek:

Fixed :thumb

Speaking to our resident weatherman it's going to be:

a) Very Very Cold

b) More than likely, Very Very Icy

If this is the case and TCK's are new to you, please be very very careful, whilst they are a good tyre, they can be a little wayward when new and a little bit of throttle can induce tremendous wheelspin.

Slow and steady all day me thinks.

Me bum cheeks are flapping:eek::tears:eek:

meet up with ????????

Anyone going near me ( Radcliffe ) cos could hook up to ride down to the meeting point. nice to hear its gonna be chuffin freezing Mr Flipfly!!!!

additional..............

Just a thought on this, as some of us will be off road virgins:blast, any chance of a bit of " education" on this kind of riding. I intend to do more of these kind of things but need to up the skill level to be able to go with you "off road GS vets":augie:augie:eek

"off road GS vets"

Looks like you've sussed out our medical abilities :D:D:D

As for advice........there'll be loads of it, ignore 90%, heed 1% and make up the rest, it's kept me alive thus far :thumb

On easy lanes you really won't need any advice other than to remain relaxed, turn off ya abs if you have it and learn how to use the back brake.

oooh oooh and when you know it's going over.......JUMP :D:D:D:D

We've been promised an easy ride......don't stress it.

off road virgins
stevecondom.jpeg

this will help Jonah
i live in farnworth and poping down a580 gives a bell 07903090254 can meet
then blast to meet terry and squids on j23 m6 :thumb2

Looks like you've sussed out our medical abilities :D:D:D

As for advice........there'll be loads of it, ignore 90%, heed 1% and make up the rest, it's kept me alive thus far :thumb

I love those comments:D

On easy lanes you really won't need any advice other than to remain relaxed, turn off ya abs if you have it and learn how to use the back brake.

Sound advise:D:D

oooh oooh and when you know it's going over.......JUMP :D:D:D:D

yip:D

We've been promised an easy ride......don't stress it.

Chaps who have been out with me on a hard day on the 525 know what a basta--d i'm :D:D .BUT i for one do not wana do anything thats going to put me over in a ditch , hence i'll be doing the easyist days laning i've ever planned out... zapper and kevin are coming along on alloy wheels, this will give you an idea of what sort of lanes i'm doing...easy ones...I'm staying away from slippy grass, rocky climbs and water crossing...
If at anytime you feal that you can not do a section , we can help turn a bike around and show you where to met us..NO piss taking will be given unless you come on a KTM950 super enduro and live close to the Midlands :D:D... chaps all joking aside....this is my second day out on the lanes on my GSA so i'll be taking my time and as i've mentioned it's a team work day out with us helping each other etc...so please do not worry:thumb:thumb:D:D

just one more thing anyone who calls me fatty, brummy, smelly or anything else...will find them selves doing this lane along with Pister who has the right tool for the job not like us BMW guys
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=1109587931608747666&hl=en-GB
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3257944069425010925&hl=en-GB

oh, full credit to the two guys doing the river close to where we start...you will not find me doing the bugger

hello

hello

just scanned over this thread, looks exciting!! I know its a bit late in the day and you'll want to keep a eye on the numbers but what are the chances of coming along? Also, where and when is the starting point? the last post about it not being a hard core off road session prompted me to ask as i have only had a bike for 2 years and done one afternoon off road and if i am going to be totally honest with you that was a mistake. I got lost in Morrocco last year after taking a wrong turn and as the road changed to mountian rock and got steeper and steeper I had to carry on as i was absoluty shit scared of stopping and falling off!! Also in my warped logic, as it was at the time, i figured i was safer powering up the mountain then having to slow the bike coming down. lucky for me at the top was a village that was serviced by a macked road from the other side.

All the best,

Adam

umm i've just read the above and think i have probably talked you out asking me to join you, in my defence through i not usually that stupid:augie

hello

just scanned over this thread, looks exciting!! I know its a bit late in the day and you'll want to keep a eye on the numbers but what are the chances of coming along? Also, where and when is the starting point? the last post about it not being a hard core off road session prompted me to ask as i have only had a bike for 2 years and done one afternoon off road and if i am going to be totally honest with you that was a mistake. I got lost in Morrocco last year after taking a wrong turn and as the road changed to mountian rock and got steeper and steeper I had to carry on as i was absoluty shit scared of stopping and falling off!! Also in my warped logic, as it was at the time, i figured i was safer powering up the mountain then having to slow the bike coming down. lucky for me at the top was a village that was serviced by a macked road from the other side.

All the best,

Adam

umm i've just read the above and think i have probably talked you out asking me to join you, in my defence through i not usually that stupid:augie

Adam
the ride is pretty full m8 sorry, more full than i thought it was going to be when i started the topic..
But i'm sure the guys out with me that day will like laning on easy stuff that much one of these guys might do another besides me doing more so keep an eye out..

i'm open to do a over nighter in Midwales in late FEB if your up for it ? on easy lanes again;)

meet up

Any one wirral, north wales area fancy meeting up sunday morning, to travel together to a54

hello

All the best,

Adam

I reckon that makes you one of the most experienced then, I've been up a hill once and fell off twice:thumb

Back
Top Bottom