Show us pictures of your GS 650

Sertao ready for my trip

Here's my 4 month old Sertao. Done a few modifications to it.

image-L.jpg

Finished the work the night before a 3 day trip with it to Scotland. All packed and ready to go :)

image-L.jpg

Next job todo, is to fit the 1" raising links for the rear, and drop the forks in the yokes. Will have just under 2" more ground clearance than standard.

Looks great tempered_lobster :beerjug:

Now to pick your brain

Which front mudguard did you use with the yz forks?

Also, did you get a rear hub laced to the excel for the rear? If so who did it for you. Guessing you went for an 18inch rim?

Looks great tempered_lobster :beerjug:

Now to pick your brain

Which front mudguard did you use with the yz forks?

Also, did you get a rear hub laced to the excel for the rear? If so who did it for you. Guessing you went for an 18inch rim?

The front mudguard is a Polisport Free Flow universal front fender. It's slotted at the rear to increase airflow to the radiators. Clears the frame, but if you use the original plastic radiator shrouds, they'll need trimming slightly. I use the TT metal radiator guards so no problem with clearance.

The rear hub was re-laced to an excel 18" rim. It was done by NorthEast Wheelbuilding. The excel rim has a jap spoke pattern, and the hub has a euro spoke pattern, but they were able to lace it up fine.

The front mudguard is a Polisport Free Flow universal front fender. It's slotted at the rear to increase airflow to the radiators. Clears the frame, but if you use the original plastic radiator shrouds, they'll need trimming slightly. I use the TT metal radiator guards so no problem with clearance.

The rear hub was re-laced to an excel 18" rim. It was done by NorthEast Wheelbuilding. The excel rim has a jap spoke pattern, and the hub has a euro spoke pattern, but they were able to lace it up fine.

Thanks - I was aware of the euro/ jap hole pattern difference hence the question. Its too much of a challenge for the wheel builders I have spoken to to date. Although I haven't pushed it just yet, as I am still trying to get a spare rear hub.

I am quite regularly in the NE, so will look them up - cheers

image-L.jpg

Finished the work the night before a 3 day trip with it to Scotland. All packed and ready to go :)

image-L.jpg

Next job todo, is to fit the 1" raising links for the rear, and drop the forks in the yokes. Will have just under 2" more ground clearance than standard.

I like the mods mate well done forks are a great and well needed mod 18" back wheel well worth while a big :thumb from me

650 x challenge

getting ready for morocco next March:thumb

Attachments

• X CHALLENGE 650 RALLY.jpg
    X CHALLENGE 650 RALLY.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,155

image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

That seat looks comfy what's make :comfort:comfort:comfort:comfort:comfort

Back
Top Bottom