1200GS SUSPENSION FITTED TO GSA ADVISE PLEASE

pmk

Reaction score
hi, have many doen this. does it make the ride hieght the same as the gs.

hi, have many doen this. does it make the ride hieght the same as the gs.

It's been done, Wizard fitted 1200GS to his GSA to lower the ride height but be aware it will make it harder to get the bike onto the centre stand.

You would have to fit a 1200GS riders seat as well to get the GSA down to the GS heighy as the GSA seat is taller.

Do you find the ADV seat to tall?

I thought this when I sat on an ADV and decided that the Adventure was too tall a bike for me and bought the 1200 GS. Recently I've felt the GS handles better with the seat in the highest position and have no problems living with it set there.
I was surprised when I was down at the NEC bike show and sat on the new Adventure and found it about the same height as my 1200- with the Adv saddle set in the low position...

Dunno if the 2008 bike is lower alround or what:nenau

I was happy to find the Adv is in reach of my short legs:D I'll need to find out if it's in reach of my cheque book now:eek:

i have been told i will need to have fitted the centre stand and side stand from the gs.
i have seen others have opted for wilbers etc, however this seems very persolised. i used to have a gs with the low seat. which i will fit to the gsa. 25,000 happy miles in a year. now want the gsa. if i can. can anyone advise if this the better option to wilbers etc

thanks. where did you get this done.i also have a 29ins leg. i have called dealers. dont seem to be that interested, or confident about doing the work. please tell me more

thanks. where did you get this done.i also have a 29ins leg. i have called dealers. dont seem to be that interested, or confident about doing the work. please tell me more

Did it myself :)

There is some excellent info and pics about replacing shocks that Cookie has put on top of the 1200 section.

I didn't need to change the stands...

Do you find the ADV seat to tall?

I thought this when I sat on an ADV and decided that the Adventure was too tall a bike for me and bought the 1200 GS. Recently I've felt the GS handles better with the seat in the highest position and have no problems living with it set there.
I was surprised when I was down at the NEC bike show and sat on the new Adventure and found it about the same height as my 1200- with the Adv saddle set in the low position...

Dunno if the 2008 bike is lower alround or what:nenau

I was happy to find the Adv is in reach of my short legs:D I'll need to find out if it's in reach of my cheque book now:eek:

I have been told that they usually put suspensions as soft as possible during shows so possible customers do not ran afraid of the real heigth of the bikes... :nono

I have seen this in the HP2s, Adventures and Xchallenge bikes in two different shows, but I have not been in UK's shows...

Best Regards

Fran

just placed my order. thanks for your advise. having it fitted with wilbers low.

i agree, it may then take alot of sales away from the gs. most dealers seemed reluctant to do this for me. saying it would upset the bike!. i shall soon find out. vines of guilford no problem. they have a company accross the road bmw bits who can suply wilbers low suspension. vines are fitting for free. im told it can reduce the ride hieght by up to 75mm if required.

29 inch leg here too and a GSA 1200 fitted with a BMW low seat. I couldn't afford lower shockers so just increased my doughnut intake to 6 per day. It appears to have had the same effect as fitting lower shockers on the ground clearance :thumb

i should have thought about the doughnut intake. would have been the cheaper option. fingers crossed that the wilbers suspension works and handels well.

Back
Top Bottom