head light adjuster mod. for R 1100GS

(RIP) ugg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The standard gs11 headlight adjuster isnt very practical as you have to use a 6mm wrench to alter it:blast
This is a little modification i made for mine , n it works a treat.

a pick of the adjuster mod
IMAG0590.JPG
IMAG0580.JPG
drill out midle hole on knurled spacer

tap out hole to 5mm to fit adjusterIMAG0583.JPG

drill out n tap side of wheel n fit a grub screwIMAG0584.JPG

finnished peice.IMAG0585.JPG

to adjust it ,its the same as ye standard oe adjuster ,but it has the advantage of a great fuggin wheel to grab even wi ye gloves on.:thumb

y dnt u make some for your FIVE tankbags too?

The standard gs11 headlight adjuster isnt very practical as you have to use a 6mm wrench to alter it:blast
This is a little modification i made for mine , n it works a treat.

Feck me!! we were fitting those to 1100 GS'es 13 years ago. Keep up will ya :D

Good luck with it if your selling them but if you advertise on here you need to put a price on it.

Wunderlich do one buts it's probably considerably more expensive than yours.

Attachments

• headlight adjuster.jpg
    headlight adjuster.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 263
manual operation wa 13 yrs ago.

you'd think the next development would be a geared servo motor :D

Wunderlich do one buts it's probably considerably more expensive than yours.[/QUOTE]

£40.00 including UK VAT @ 17.5% :eek: ......Talk about over engineering for a simple task...All your doing is adjusting it not launching a Scud missile..:augie

Good luck with it if your selling them but if you advertise on here you need to put a price on it.

Wunderlich do one buts it's probably considerably more expensive than yours.

not realy sellin em . i mite of put post on wrong thread, i was havin trouble with my head light beam n it was a git to alter so i came up wi the idea, as lads did 13yrs ago , as ive only had a gs less than 6months i was usin my old streetfighter thinking . if it dunt work reet modify it!!
if any one has the same gear they can make em too . if i sell em thats if i have enough time to make em up , 1st one was a day or so setin up lathe , especialy the knurlin process am no expert , just self tought so stuff takes time.
i agree the wunderligh is well over engineerd for what job it does.
thanks for the advice tho :thumb
cheers ugg.

Ugg.

A nice tidy bit of engineering, a simple solution to a problem.

You obviously went to night classes in self taught!

Ugg.

A nice tidy bit of engineering, a simple solution to a problem.

You obviously went to night classes in self taught!

yup sumat like that ..
iv spent years bulidin up me toolkit n askin every bugger how they did stuff :confused: till they eventualy showd me to shut me up,;) if ye dunt ask ye dunt learn.:thumb

quote;
if ye think abat sumat long and hard enough ,an answer will eventualy cum to ye.:cool:

just like the guy traveling 200mph to the ground after inventing his 1st prototype parachute that had just failed , said to himself...
," bugger i should of designed a back up? ":D

yep crack on ugg! same position as you mate,new to the gs so not up to speed yet,nice touch tho!:thumb2 :thumb2 :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom