Moto-Morocco Novice Trip Nov'07 - Another Story

There was another one ??

Yup.....Neil took the left fork of two or three options...the more Northerly route along the Zagora end of the valley tends to be more stony and the Southern (that we did) more sandy.

Great report BTW- I haven't heard anything from the Rohan guy yet but ya never know...it'd be fun to see you in their ad!

B

Yup.....Neil took the left fork of two or three options...the more Northerly route along the Zagora end of the valley tends to be more stony and the Southern (that we did) more sandy.

Great report BTW- I haven't heard anything from the Rohan guy yet but ya never know...it'd be fun to see you in their ad!

B

Well, I enjoyed our way all the same...I hope we did not put you off running another Novice trip.

I did check the Rohan site (natch), but they are still in Winter mode.

I too am really glad we took the Southerly route there....

I felt my riding advanced to a whole new level on it...

(how to ride with hard knotted shoulders while padding along with feet out and telling yourself to 'loosen up... loosen up...' )

3 hours of adrenaline terror... some people pay a lot of money for that... :cool:

Actually for myself... I was glad of every advance we made in the difficulty of our rides... from my point of view, it was almost as if the trip was tailor made for me...

Al...

Great write up .....

Many thanks for the write up, a really good read - sounds like you had a fantastic time and were well looked after in true Moto-Morocco style :thumb

Insurance Query....

Hi Folks

Read your diary with interest, and what stunning pictures you managed to grab along the way...!

Regarding your Green Card insurance for your trip, did you manage to get it at home (UK), or did you buy it at the border?

I'd be interested to know, as I'm having a real game trying to get some sorted before I head of next month.

Cheers

I sorted it through BMW Insurance. Phoning them was useless, I even had one person sayin that of course it was covered 'cos it is Europe - until I pointed out that it was in northern Africa.

Eventually I wrote to them becuase there were varying reports of success, and got a reply to sya they would do it. Pen mightier than the (mouse) cord, perhaps?

You can get cover at the border. It will not be green card extension of your own policy. I'm sure I've seen a sticky on here about insurance, it has always been a hot topic for Morocco. The behaviour of BMW Insurance ( then run by Devitts) from nearly 5 years ago may not be so relevant today....

If you manage to arrange cover from the UK for a trip do post it up on the site for others going that way.

Ref Insurance Query...

Hi

Many thanks for the prompt advice. I'll keep trying, and feed back my findings

It wasn't this difficult 10 years ago when I last visited Morocco....!

It seems loads of people are going, but few agents are offering cover. What's going on?

If anyone can advise on "approx" opening times of border agents, and experiences I'd be grateful.

Thanks again

More from the Telhouet Loop

pretty amazing pics man :) when i was in morroco or i saw were medinas and agressive beggers (some call the "guides") but if i had a bike that would have made leaving them behind easier. Next time i go your way instead :)

Back
Top Bottom