Scottish folk - Help me lay a Scottish lady to rest.

(RIP) MOTÖRHEAD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm from down south but need tome Scottish help.
If you can help, it's much appreciated.

Last week my wife's grandmother died and Sue managed to say her last good byes a few hours before she passed away.

The funeral is on Tuesday and three pieces of music are to be played at the crematorium during the service.

Now I'm not that familiar with Scottish marching bands but I need, what I believe to be a famous and popular Scottish anthem.
I'm looking for 'Highland Cathedral' played in the same way or by The Royal Irish Regiment
I'm assuming this is a Scottish tune, even though the Royal Irish Regiment are playing it in this clip. (excuse my ignorance if you are from a military background)
Anyway, time is of the essance as I need to burn a CD of the three pieces of music to hand to the undertaker to play at the service.

I'll be out on Saturday trying to find a CD that has this march on it, and buy it.
Aldershot is over the hill from me and if they don't have a shop that sells CDs with marching bands and this particular track, then it'll be a bit of a poor show for the town that is the home of the British Army.

If any of you proud scotts have a collection of marching bands and have this among it, I would be really grateful if someone could email me a '.aiff' or MP3 format so I can use it at the funeral.

I have a few mates that are on the look out but I'm trying to cover all the bases and make sure I get it from somewhere.

If anyone can help, drop me a PM and I'll give you my email addy.

I'm on my minimal home PC at the moment but will be back at my work one tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
Ben.

Highland Cathedral is on nearly every Pipes & Drums cd ever made

Your local HMV should have a copy of it

I don't know how to do it, but can you download onto i-tunes:nenau

Tash knows about these things, but is oot on a girlies night out

Respects :rose

Highland Cathedral is on nearly every Pipes & Drums cd ever made

Your local HMV should have a copy of it

I don't know how to do it, but can you download onto i-tunes:nenau

Tash knows about these things, but is oot on a girlies night out

Respects :rose

Thanks for the tip off about it being a popular and repeated anthem on most Pipe & drum CDs. If this is the case, then I should have no problem in picking up a copy on Saturday. If I can't get it in Aldershot, then the HMV in Guildford I shall be going to.
I am running iTunes on my MAC at work but have never bothered to set up an account on the iTunes store.
Ripping and burning CDs isn't a problem with the hardware I've got, so once I have the track, it's not a problem.
I want to get the three tracks on one CD alone rather than give the undertaker three CDs to juggle with during the service.

Cheers for your help re the pipes & drums CDs.

Sue's gran was of the Davidson Clan.

Ben.

If the Email version fails for any reason - I've grabbed the torrent version so can cut you a CD if need be.

If the Email version fails for any reason - I've grabbed the torrent version so can cut you a CD if need be.

Nice one Clive and thanks very much for taking time out to be the backup.
Thunder sent through a couple of great versions.

So, cheers Clive and a big thanks Roger for the couple of mails with the two version.

This is all sorted and now the service will be complete.

All help and suggestions have been much appreciated.

Ben.

Good site this eh?

I'd like to reply to that with some profound statement, but all I can say is that I still find it amazing when a group of people, who are drawn together by one common passion, are ready to help out when the time is right using what ever resource or skill they have to hand, no mater how big or small a task may be.

I've always found that a strong trait in biking and through various threads written here on UKGSer, I've seen this being very strong on this site.

So yes..... Fantastic site.

I'd like to reply to that with some profound statement, but all I can say is that I still find it amazing when a group of people, who are drawn together by one common passion, are ready to help out when the time is right using what ever resource or skill they have to hand, no mater how big or small a task may be.

I've always found that a strong trait in biking and through various threads written here on UKGSer, I've seen this being very strong on this site.

So yes..... Fantastic site.

Only because we like Motorhead:guitarist

Only because we like Motorhead:guitarist

One of my Favourite bands from the old days. Still crank up their tracks when the mood takes me.
yo.gif

Back
Top Bottom