Daithi & Jockser give up the fags.

GerryC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Met Daithi this week and he's up for it.
Spoke to Jockser on the phone last night and got the distinct impression he's up for it also.
I seem to be a ref of some sort.
Have had one PM offering to send cash.
My suggestion is that there is no need to send cash now.
If they fail - and I hope they don't - I'd have to send cash back.
Your pledge is fine with me.
If you come up short in the end of the day I'll not be shy of posting that here - but that won't happen, you are honorable people.
I'm putting €100 for each man (€200 in total) on the table now.
The boys are putting money down and will loose it if they fail to quit.
The rest of us only pay if they quit the fags - appropriately enough on Apr 1st.
The cash will be split between St Vincent De Paul & ISPCC.

So Daithi & Jockser - the best of luck to yis and ye wont be letting us, the needy or those maltreated kids down, will ye? :eek

The rest of ye put yizzer cash on the virtual heap; just be clear on what your putting per man because one might crack - the other will then be the cool clean hero.

One things for sure; they want to quit & a lot of you fine people out there wish to help them and the charities.I don't see any losers in this; except the fag makers.

One final thing & I know I'm not in a position to preach but could ye refrain from off topic excursions on this. Pledge the cash and allow the lads give updates on how they are doing in the new year while encouraging them to cost you your money; simple really.

Thanks to you all - in anticipation - for getting behind this. :bow :thumb2.

Have a great old Christmas y'all. Ho! Ho! Ho!

SEETHING . .

. .a good job the OFF is deferred until after grimbo what with the domestic strain that might entail . . Good Luck with the deprivation, lads.

F*ck me....when you actually think about what you are doing by lighting a cigarette and inhaling all the poisons, one wonders why people do it all......but maybe the problem is the thinking bit......:blast

So Daithi & Jockser - the best of luck to yis and ye wont be letting us, the needy or those maltreated kids down, will ye? :eek

Thanks Gerry :thumb2 And NO, we won't be letting down youse, the needy, the kids, our families or ourselves. We've had enough now :rob

Aidan1150 said:
I'm thinking about joining them

Go on, you know you want to:clap
And think how much better you'd feel next year. Plus, with all the money you'd save you could buy yerslf a real bike, say a 12GSA :D

:aidan:aidan:aidan

Guys, do it and don't look back. SVdP needs the dough, you need the health.
In for 3 ton.
Bin

"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Alan Carr

Good luck! Being an ex-smoker is great! You'll wonder why you were so silly for so long.
Remember you're not "giving-up" anything you'll be freeing yourself the chains of addiction

This book may be helpful:
"The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Alan Carr
It has helped many (I can think of 5) people I know to kick the habit - permanently. Will-power necessary too of course.

David

23.59 on 31/12/2007 :aidan Ya gonna come over & join us for it Johnny :nenau

I'll raise a glass over the sea to you and join you in support by stubbing my last one out b4 midnicht

Come on Aidan ya big jessie you can do it too:clap

I'll raise a glass over the sea to you and join you in support by stubbing my last one out b4 midnicht

That mean yer quittin' too :nenau

H.R.H. OONYACK said:

You tell him your Majesty (sounds like a Royal Decree to me ;) ) Maybe :aidan is just afraid he ain't got enough self control to stay off them :augie:augie

That mean yer quittin' too :nenau

You tell him your Majesty (sounds like a Royal Decree to me ;) ) Maybe :aidan is just afraid he ain't got enough self control to stay off them :augie:augie

Yip I'll quit with ye's:thumb2

Aidan by royal decree gie up the fags and join the bhoys or be nameth'd big sh1tty bollox for eternity

Does mean we're packin in because of a Royal Decree ?
Congratulations yer majesty. :clap :clap

It would be good if you could Aidan, fingers crossed for ya.

I've decided to follow in your footsteps, I've signed up for the Gym
at work and I take a 3/4 hour brisk walk twice a day, oh, except
curry nights.:eek: Feeling better already, looking forward to the agonizing
pain across my chest and down my arm going away and the clear lungs. :thumb2

There are no upsides if you don't.

Here's wishing you all the best of luck:aidan:aidan:aidan

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you.

Just shows what a bit of motivation can do:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2 Now that you've gone public that should really help!:D:D:D

I gave up years ago when all my Christmas presents were cigars. It slowly dawned on me that the b@st%rds were trying to kill me so out of spite I never smoked again.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

PS Aidan you can do it and besides standing outside the pub on your own with all the others talking about you inside would only lead to paranoia.:cool:jibber:cool:jibber

AG CUIR BRÚ . .

. .ag cóiriú síos do'n sprioc-lá gan deatach. .

Back
Top Bottom