Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ding, Dong, Dehli....

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    ...my country is Kiltartan Cross, My countrymen Kiltartan's poor.......

Ding, Dong, Dehli....

Well lads n ladies arrived safe n sound into India, stayed in Amriisar for a few days made the phone call to me gran, and then started to head south. For anybody who has never rode in India its a bloody nitemare. Trying to avoid other road users, camels, cows, beggars and anything else that moves on this earth. No body obeys any sort of rules of the road, tractors coming the wrong way down the overtaking lane of motorways, its like a video game with only one life.

Dehli was crazy, stayed just outside it. But had to go through it to go south and ofcourse i got lost !!! feck me did i laugh
    Had to ride like the locals and turn arround and ride the wrong way down a six lane road, got to a hospital and rode right through the middle of it, now i mean right through the middle of it cripples to the left of me cripples to the right, feck me it was mad, cut across the grass and was finally back on the right road heading south for Agra where the Taj Mahal is.

Agra is another traffic, beggar and tout mad house, but had to go and see the Taj and to be honest it was OK (but thats me not really into that sort of thing)
    Decided I had to get out of these real tourist place and find some where not as bad, and thank the Lord ive found Orchha (the hidden place)

So this is where i intend to spent Christmas and maybe new year, i am sitting writing this over looking the river with temples all around, staying in a cheap wee hotel 4euros a nite with clean sheets, western WC and a TV lads i am in heaven.
    So just to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
    on the road
    sure ya ave to
    joe

here just after spenting the last 2 hours trying to load up fotos will put them up as sooon as i get somewhere with hi speed or i find some chick tomdo it for me.
    Travel is fatal to hatred, bigotry and prejudice.
    love n laughter

Not a real welder Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Merry Cristmas and a happy new year to you, I'm so envious. Keep it shiny side up
    "I can eat 50 eggs"

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Being driven in India frightened me enough, never mind driving yourself.....
    Happy christmas, stay safe and good luck uploading the chick, I mean the photos.
    Bin
    Climate is what you hope for, weather is what you get!

Climate is what you hope for, weather is what you get!

I took this a couple of weeks ago in Jaisalmer... a government authorised Bhang shop with the Trotters next door.
    The traffic (and pollution in Delhi) is horrendous isn't it?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

India

Joe, I'm watching all this with great interest (may have some plans in the future too).

Sounds like you really have found a fab place to spend the christmas - 4EURos a night! With comforts and stuff...

Merry Christmas indeed!

We're all jelous

Gone Fishin' Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Good man, Joe, glad to hear yer safe & sound

HAPPY CHRISTMAS JOE
    We should learn from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. [/I]

Joe have a good XMas and keep safe...

So what's the plan for now?

Celtic Adventurer
    Great Journey Joe! Happy Christmas!

Hard to imagine what thats like Joe, sounds absolutely fascinating and just a bit dangerous

Stay safe and cant wait for the pics

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Happy Christmas Joe. Mind the body.
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Xmas

Like the others....have a good (and safe) one!

DaveR
    Gr8 stories Joe,keep them coming. Have a safe/enjoyable christmas

Scotland lover
    Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
    I'm really interested, much appreciate the posts and have added Orchha to my fantasy route for India. Looks like Orchha is about N25 05.412 E78 48.114

Have a great time over Christmas.

Tim
    "For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
    and enlarges the world in which you live,"
    Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco GS Knowledgebase

Murroe, Co. Limerick - Crumlin, Co Antrim

enjoy

thx for the christmas txt, Joe.
    The weather here is crisp with icy conditions during the last wk. dark mornings, dark nights but at least the gales and rain has gone away. A bright robin is bouncing in the driveway, and a rat has been entertaining us in the back garden. Same old same.
    I'm sure that you are wishing that you were here in the cold dark damp instead of lounging in exotic climes, sweltering in the heat, messing with some chicks.
    Watch out for the cows, don't park behind elephants, avoid the tigers and don't play with the snakes.
    Enjoy and keep up the travelogue, we need something bright in the dark days of our winter.
    "Why, but there's many a man hath more hair than wit." Act 2, Scene 2, A Comedy of Errors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast