Sunday run

I don't know those areas but there is a single track road runs north and then west from the A861 at Strontian and then North East along the east shore of Loch Shiel

There is ? had a wee look at the map I can only see a dead end road that runs up the west shore of Loch Shiel off the A861 before Kinlochmoidart or have I missed something.

could be up for this wee scoot, maybe not the Strontian part, I'm a bit pish on wet roads still trying to get my confidence up on them, but If I know what time your heading for the lochy I could meet you's boys there

Right Lochy for 12 hae some soop

Strontian run again:blast don't think yi'll get seek o that road send the Southerners back over the Corran ferry

Well thats whit I'm daein :thumb

Right Lochy for 12 hae some soop

Strontian run again:blast don't think yi'll get seek o that road send the Southerners back over the Corran ferry

Well thats whit I'm daein :thumb

Translation:- The royal agenda is as follows; depart the Castle Oonyack around 09:00hrs and travel to the Lochy for a luncheon of soup at 12:00hrs.

Travel the wonderful Strontian route that one will never tire of.

Bid farewell to the Southerners at the Corran Ferry for the trip back to the Castle Oonyack.

What a jolly excellent plan, that is precisely what I will be doing.:clap:clap

:typeRoddy, do you want to meet somewhere in the Glasgow area? I've checked multimap and it shows a route through from Strontian in the south to just east of Glenfinnan at the north. HRH appears to be to be familiar with the route.

Wully and Sweetie, are you up for this? If so do you want to meet for the run north?

Any more?

Can someone ask if anywan fae the Club wants tae come, as I cannae afford tae post it on thier site:thumb

Can someone ask if anywan fae the Club wants tae come, as I cannae afford tae post it on thier site:thumb

The speed of response on that site would mean they assume that you're talking about next year......................

Can you confirm that I'm correct that there is a road between Strontian and Glenfinnan down the east of Loch Shiel or do you know a better route?

The speed of response on that site would mean they assume that you're talking about next year......................

Can you confirm that I'm correct that there is a road between Strontian and Glenfinnan down the east of Loch Shiel or do you know a better route?

Aye thats the wan:thumb2

I will mull it over,might need a forklift to get me on the bike after all the crap ive ate,just put new tyre on back of Big Red need to scrub it in .Strontian sounds just the place to do it

I will mull it over,might need a forklift to get me on the bike after all the crap ive ate,just put new tyre on back of Big Red need to scrub it in .Strontian sounds just the place to do it

You know it makes sense ya big bam:thumb2

About 3 hours Glasgow to Fort Bill?

Including fuel for bikes and riders en route of course.

Meet at the Little Chef, A82 Dumbarton around 09:00hrs?

I forgot Im supposed to be going to Nice and Sleazys on Saturday Night ,my mates are playing (The Counterfeit Clash, check them on You Choob).I will see how pished I get,I have a 1100 so I can have a lie in till 11 and be slightly late say 12.05 at the Lochay.

GPS co-ordinates for the pub N56.84311 W5.09820
For a map, click on the pint in my sig. Take the second turn into Caol, not the one opposite the high school.
It’s a good 2 1/2—3 hours with a group for the route that is proposed to get back to Corran. So it would be useful if everyone had petrol before arriving at the Lochy. Road to the Isle filling station and an Esso station located either side of the road on the A82 before the turnoff to the A 830.
Ill have soup and sandwiches ready at the crack of noon for anyone that wants.

It will be wet.

It will be muddy.

It will be a laugh. :augie

Sorry Trev, I love this photo :augie
64969501-M.jpg

About 3 hours Glasgow to Fort Bill?

Including fuel for bikes and riders en route of course.

Meet at the Little Chef, A82 Dumbarton around 09:00hrs?

Assuming the family don't have other plans for me, I'll be there. Do you have a mobile number you could PM me in case I can't make it, you'll not need to hang about then.

Fruitcake I'll bring along the DVD I promised.

Back
Top Bottom