Sunday run

Ya cheeky auld bugger ,hope its Garfield your Talking Aboot.All home in one piece ,got a little hard going after the Welly though .Need to invest in proper gear for days like today,I drove from FW home with visor up,My cheeks are red raw (nothing to do with Garfields Sticker).A adventure nether the less.All the best FTNY.Cheers Big Jets.

Ya cheeky auld bugger ,hope its Garfield your Talking Aboot.All home in one piece ,got a little hard going after the Welly though .Need to invest in proper gear for days like today,I drove from FW home with visor up,My cheeks are red raw (nothing to do with Garfields Sticker).A adventure nether the less.All the best FTNY.Cheers Big Jets.

it was you fatty.....:augie

:handbag

na Ronno..................

had awthin ready .Baits polished jaikets layed oot visor cleaned. Even the car sat ootside a' nicht so ah'd jist wheel itsel' oot an awa'.

Fir a while took a telescopic walking pole tae events as the back wid pop even gettin in or oot the tent.

Years o' hard manual labour has buggered it young man .:rob
a nicht or twa on the flair has been found to help greatly.

btw, thon ither muscle is ayewis fine Johnny:eek::p

I'm absolutely gutted I missed this one. Looks like a totally top day out. I can also confirm that I saw 'the trousers' passing me in the opposite direction, so they do work.
It appears the battery is gubbed. The optimate has made no attempt to charge it at all, although this morning it appeared full up.
I'll see if I can wrench a new battery from John Clark tomorrow as I presume they'll be open?? Should I get this under warranty??

Ian

I can also confirm that I saw 'the trousers' passing me in the opposite direction, so they do work.

Ian

Where was that, Ian? Might not have been me :augie They're catching on you know :thumb

Definately tou. On a GS about thirty seconds from the Lochy. I had taken the car to come meet you all and thats by how much I missed you!
All said I made it from Glasgow in under 2 hours! Not too shabby me thinks!

They had the latest road film coating to protect my identity! Very handy when you solicit in lay-bys;)

Well I was home for 17:25hrs having left the Lochy at 15:00hrs and stopping for fuel with just over 220 miles on the clock at the Welly heading south. (Standard tank and still two bars showing). Rolled out of the Welly at 16:00hrs. Clocked 290ish miles on the day, great fun.

Got in to the house just in time to open a Belgian beer:beer: and put par-boiled potatoes into the oven to accompany roast lamb, assorted vegetables and a bottle of vino rosso. Wife had done everything else which just shows that a non-riding wife is actually a blessing:D. She had also lit the multi-fuel stove in the lounge which was blazing away in a manner which was oddly attractive after todays run.

Perfect, except the timing means that the salt encrusted bike is still just that. I can only hope that the ACF50 is doing what it's supposed to do! I might hose off the brakes tomorrow when I've ridden it to work.

Special thanks to GC for the lunch and coffee, very much appreciated and just what was needed in today's temperatures.

I couldn't believe how much traffic there was as I rode the section from the Welly back to Glasgow. As it was well dark by now I was glad of the HID's they really make riding at night so much better. You guys on standard lamps need to get with the program!

Now, a couple of observations;

1) Tash beat Johnny and Robert to the Lochy by 20 minutes riding her trusty 1150GS
2) Luggs 1200 broke down on the motorway before he could even get to Dumbarton.
3) Tash's 1150 is up for sale as she has a nice sylph-like 800GS on order.

Now, what course of action can we consider for Luggs to ensure that he gets to enjoy his ride out in future?

Note to self, must do that run again when the Scottish summer day arrives.

Thanks to all the dedicated folk that took photo's.

HRH (Hoon for short), stop begging for money to pay your club subs, your sale of surplus stock today yielded you 2 years subs and change for a beer or two:D

Lastly, on the way north I was complaining that my new Tuareg kit wasn't very warm but in fact by the time the day was over I wasn't actually too cold so it can't be that bad.:thumb

Regal and Royal

237618698-L.jpg

Defo warranty Lugs:thumb2

As for Ronno Troosers I saw him leaving the hoose

fae Skye:eek:

a wee run

Went fur a wee run this mornin jist to dry the bike aff eftar washin it.
went in to Portree the place is like a zoo bodies every where it gets busier every new year,asked a couple of mates if they fancied a run,looked at me like a was mental, did'nt want to get their sports bikes dirty.
Makes you realize jist how brave tash is the woman is fearless, i take ma hat off tae ye tash but no ma heated waistcoat.:D

Back
Top Bottom