Sat 9th Feb Lakes Ride (some will be camping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid

Reaction score
EDIT : Please note Rob has changed the date of this trip from the original date of the 19th of Jan to the NEW date of the 9th of February - Rushy

Planning on meeting with a another rider on Sat 19th for a bimble around the Lake District. Just a steady chilled out ride to take in the scenery, stop for lunch etc.

My plan is to camp Nr Langdale at the NT site on Friday and Sat night.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/mai...w-northwest-lakedistrict_camping-langdale.htm

So if anyone is daft enough to do the same your welcome but I'm expecting to be alone on this one:D

My friend will be meeting me around 10.30 at the campsite for the ride on Sat.

So short of having a bad cold or there being black ice/heavy snow thats the basic plan.

No route so far.

I'll see what the weathers like for that weekend.. i may come along if i can get a pass out from fun police;) ... because i'm out a lot over Jan:eek: on the bikes

I'll see what the weathers like for that weekend.. i may come along if i can get a pass out from fun police;) ... because i'm out a lot over Jan:eek: on the bikes

Good man, didn't think a hard river god would be worried about a nip in the air:D

I know it doesn't sound the most appealing thing but I'm looking at it as a mini adventure:thumb

Might possibly move this to the following weekend - been given the burning eye as its someones 40th birthday party on the 19th.

Any comments on exact dates welcome:thumb

Might possibly move this to the following weekend - been given the burning eye as its someones 40th birthday party on the 19th.

Any comments on exact dates welcome:thumb

it's always the same with dates..bloody hard to fix one...:D:D
the last weekend in jan i'm out green laning on the KTM in Wales...

but for sure i'd like to get the camping gear out for a weekend away in winter:D So lets us know when u can make it.:)

it's always the same with dates..bloody hard to fix one...:D:D
the last weekend in jan i'm out green laning on the KTM in Wales...

but for sure i'd like to get the camping gear out for a weekend away in winter:D So lets us know when u can make it.:)

the 19th is still a possible with me, will know for deff if I can or not soon.

The other option would be 2nd Feb then?

I'd like to get out out at least twice for a camp during the winter as its a season not to be missed and the roads are quiet.

if im not on call ,me and the funduro may be there

Camping, in Jan, in the Lakes??????

Sounds far too daft, let me check the wifes shifts.

Decission to be made nearer the date, but I like the idea:thumb2

Right then - I'm going to set the date at the 9th of Feb for the ride.

Still have the roads to ourselves but with a bit more daylight then:thumb

Interested/joining ride

funduro
digger06
John D

Those camping so far may include

Squid (Rob)
ktm525exc (Terry)
Geordie Foote

Interested/joining ride

funduro
digger06
John D

Squid (Rob)
ktm525exc (Terry)
Geordie Foote

i think we will need a few beers to keep out the cold...lol:D

should be a busy year this year for the BMW rather than the ktm:thumb:thumb:D:D

no,the funduros the bike ill b on but ugg fancies a run

no,the funduros the bike ill b on but ugg fancies a run

:D:blast - it wasn't past my bedtime was it.

Interested/joining ride

Ugg
digger06
John D

Squid (Rob)
ktm525exc (Terry)
Geordie Foote

I'd actually pencilled 8th February as a day off so I could go walking in the Lakes over that weekend.

I haven't camped during the winter for several years, but could be up for it.

Oh, and are non-GS riders welcome?

I'd actually pencilled 8th February as a day off so I could go walking in the Lakes over that weekend.

I haven't camped during the winter for several years, but could be up for it.

Oh, and are non-GS riders welcome?

Yes sure:thumb I'll put you on the list

Any more real campers out there then - looks like a trip to the pub is on:beer:

Just thought I'd try it out before hand:D

Attachments

• tent 003 (Medium).jpg
    tent 003 (Medium).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 391
Just thought I'd try it out before hand:D

Lets hope no ones farts in the field that night:):) because your tent will blow away:D:D:D:D

all joking aside it always pays to pratice putting up you tent a few times before you go..:)

room for a little one

hello

would there be room for one more for the weekend? just to check are you going for a meet up on sat morning, camp sat night and a ride then home on sun. If so I can make it.

Are you looking to stay on road or do a bit of green lane/ track riding?

Al the best,

Adam

hello

would there be room for one more for the weekend? just to check are you going for a meet up on sat morning, camp sat night and a ride then home on sun. If so I can make it.

Are you looking to stay on road or do a bit of green lane/ track riding?

Al the best,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I will be camping Friday night and Saturday night. Camping just Sat night will be fine also.

Expect to meet at around 10.30am those who are just up for a ride on Sat on or near the campsite.

Sunday (depending how much we drink sat night:D) will be a leisurely return home or shortish ride first.

I'm sure if ktm525exc (Terry) has anything to do with it, he will be trying the odd lane but it will be up to the individual whether they choose to follow or not.

I'd say we will be looking at something in the region of a 80-100 mile loop from the campsite for the Sat ride choosing smaller roads/passes. That should give space for a quick lunch and for those travelling, plenty of time to arrive and get home.

I' don't know the area well but sure an interesting route won't be difficult as it's a beautiful area anyway. We can sort this out and the lunch stop closer too.

Once I have an idea of the number of campers I will phone the campsite and let them know. They maybe ok to let those camping just Sat to set up early and shed some weight.

Rob

Lets hope no ones farts in the field that night:):) because your tent will blow away:D:D:D:D

all joking aside it always pays to pratice putting up you tent a few times before you go..:)

You bringing your canvas one from the 60's:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom