2008 IOM Meets

The Moo

Reaction score
Here are some date suggestions for the IOM Meets - all Sundays - all at 11:15am to start ride at 11:30am

January: 27th Ramsey Parliament Sq Lunch at The Raven (Chris can you book?)
February : 24th Grandstand, Douglas Lunch TBA
March : 30th Castletown Main Square Lunch TBA
April : 27th Sea Terminal, Douglas Lunch - Niarbyl?

TT and onwards ...to be arranged nearer the time....to include a BBQ here...date to be arranged.

Chris - can you put down when the meets at The Creek are ie how it works...and then hopefuly we will see eachother on a regular basis in the first part of 2008.

Just thought I would get the ball rolling for us all. Its been a year since we got here...and at least I now know where all these bloody places are:augie
Have a great one tonight guys:thumb

Moo x

Greetings Moo, all being well, I, alone, will join the 27 Jan outing. Bob will be away.
Good riding in 2008.

Heya,
got the info from Wideload about The Creek meets (in Peel - opp House of Mannanan)...which I NEVER bloody remember...but hey...sillymoo is (as I like to say!:p).

The next Creek-meet is on 15th Jan - 7.30pm onwards and then it'll be the third Tues of each month from then on....

so:
19th Feb
18h Mar
15th Apr
20th May
17th June
15th July
19th Aug
16th Sept
21st Oct
18th Nov
and
16th Dec 08

dates in diary....now.....to just engage the brain:augie

Its been VERY quiet in here!

So - the next meet is booked for the 30th March - if all fine with one and all! Who's up for it? and are we happy to meet at Castletown? and fromt there....where? Nairbyl? The Sound? Lets have a few ideas me dears. Fandangus is off island for a while; Geoff Wade is bikeless ...but now has a very nice sports car...nice car Carole:D - but they are happy to meet us for lunch...

what about Pete and Barbara? Chris? and Dave and Grainne...not heard from you in ages...what with all the RUGGERS going on!

and then Samwise......where has he gorn?

Anyway - see some of ya soon...looking forward to it!

Moo x

might be able to pop down to the Creek tomorrow.....if we can get a babysitter.....:D

Hi Moo...If I get finished in time I'll be at the Creek tomorrow...hopefully see you...BTW...got your phone message...sorry I missed your call...busy in the bloody powerstation...

Ooops

Almost missed this.

Myself and my good lady will be there.

Apologies for the delay Moo. Just back from ski trip to Garmisch.

Can't make April however. Heading for Whitby with Ramsey Rugby Club's FMC (Fat Motorcyclists Club) AKA Team Sausage.

I may have a new recruit. A friend of mine has just bought a GS12. I will give him a ring later to see if he wants to come.

Only one Bap I'm afraid. Grainne is going to a Pilates session. (Don't ask why she wants to learn to fly at her age and I did try to tell her that Pilot is spelled like that).

I'mm be there though.:beerjug:

No word on any newbies so assume they ain't coming.

Never one to be consistent - what about we all meet at Ramsey tomorrow to meet up with Chris's IAM lot????

I don't really mind......other than Pete we are all up this end??? Give me a bell on 225577 and we can see what everyone wants to do? What time are the IM lot meeting Chris? and where are theyn finishing up?

Moo x

Popped into Chris's on the bike to see what he is up to ... nice to see you Chris ... and he and Dave (mit ponytail Dave) are meeting at Castletown tomorrow at 11/11.15 - SO - thats what we'll do too...hopefully piebaps will make it. Just spoke with Barbara and with Carole and neither can make it - Pete's on a marshalling course refreshing first aid and Carole has just come back from hols - so not able to come.

So - it might just be the 4 of us!...and will Dave eat this time?
:augie

Anyway - any probs in the am and I'll give Chris a shout! I need to get out on a walk tomorrow ... only a week to go before the Fire Walk ... so can't stay too long. Might walk home from Niarbyl - in which case - Derm will bring us in the car :eek:

See ya later guys...lots of love
Moo x

Hi Guys,
It was lovely to see you lot today - even if I couldn't get my sizeable arse out of bed on time:blast I did me walk - but, again, me hip gave out at 8.7miles - so not quite sure how this whole Fire Walk is gonna do. I'm gonna see how the land lies on Sunday and just do what I can! Its just heaven to walk around here - so I'll be happy no matter what I manage on Sunday! Wish me luck!

Wasn't today gorgeous? Derm has just left to get out on the bike - he's been dying for me to finish me walk so he can leave....ah bless!!

Anyway - as usual I digress...SO

Sunday 27th April! Meet at the Sea Terminal - and then I thought - what about going to Tholt y Will as the cafe has reopened - different people (although Suzanne still does the cooking). The lady who runs Rural Arts and Crafts in Castletown - is selling wares through the cafe - and they have apparently opened up more of the place.

Anyway - do ya fancy that? If so I'll pop in on one of me tours to see if we need to book etc..so a few ayes will be appreciated. I think we all were fine..and I'll give the "southern" lot a shout this week to let them know.

Otherwise - HOPEFULLY see you at The Creek Meet....and, Chris, I'll be on the phne next week to book a slot with ya!

thanks for today! Lovely to see everyone!
BIG HUGS as usual and Hee'm oo (see ya - in manx)
Moo x

By the way - I'll look into holding an event down in Glen Wyllin and talk to Renee at Steam Packet - just to see what the logistics and costs would be? Nice idea Chris...and the idea of going to an event as a gang sounded good too!:D

Cow Shop

Hey up Moo. I've just returned from a skiing trip to Banff & saw the best shop for you called "Cows". Has things like pyjamas with "Pasture Bedtime" on and t-shirts with "Pirates of the Cowabbean" etc etc, all with pictures of bloody cows all over them. Loads of other similar stuff but bit far to nip off to - 8 hour flight to Calgary & then 1½ hour transfer - worth it when you get there though. You'll have to do a bike tour across Canada and pop in. Will miss the TT this year - shame, could have met up with you lot over on the IOM.

Cheers Al

Hey up Moo. I've just returned from a skiing trip to Banff & saw the best shop for you called "Cows". Has things like pyjamas with "Pasture Bedtime" on and t-shirts with "Pirates of the Cowabbean" etc etc, all with pictures of bloody cows all over them. Loads of other similar stuff but bit far to nip off to - 8 hour flight to Calgary & then 1½ hour transfer - worth it when you get there though. You'll have to do a bike tour across Canada and pop in. Will miss the TT this year - shame, could have met up with you lot over on the IOM.

Cheers Al

:D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom