Votes: 11 50.0%
  • easy trails

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • technical

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

kyle

Reaction score
OK so its still a while to go but Shinobi and I are going to have to spend some time on this and i think it would be a good idea if we knew the type of run people are after.

As mentioned by Aidan this is going to be do-able on GS's but that can still leave quite a bit of room for variety as to the difficulty level of said run.

So what we would like to know is;

how many will be goin off road?

what tyres?

do you want technical or easy trails?

have you gone off road before?

for what i would class as 'technical have a look at the achill off road run here
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=249

we will most likely do the reccies on pogos(ya got to have a bit of fun:green gri) as there will probably be only the two of us and they are easier to manhandle.
but we will probably do the final and complete circuit on the big bikes before the event.
there will be sections on tarmac to link up the gnarly bits.
so heres the poll.
please only vote if you are going on the off road run.
any comments,fire away:hide

PS you can obviously tick more than one box

Wohooo!!!!! Bring it on!!! :bounce1

Give us a shout when you are doing the reccie runs wont ya!

Why don't you plan a route of easy-ish stuff for the first hour or so and a more technical section near the end... have a point where the less experienced can break off and head back, go for the more technical section or retrace the easy route in reverse.

Why don't you plan a route of easy-ish stuff for the first hour or so and a more technical section near the end... have a point where the less experienced can break off and head back, go for the more technical section or retrace the easy route in reverse.
I say what a sensible chap you are there O "Tuned" one

I like that Idea MAybe I should scrounge some shekels and go buy me an ole Airhead to play off road My "GR hybrid" can be a Handful on the loose stuff especially with Conti~Attacks on her and limited turn on the bars from the lock stops!! Eeeeeekkk :aidan :aidan :aidan

Good point Gary. :thumb2

An hour or so would probably be too short for the easy-ish stuff, but it's a good idea. :clap:clap

Wohooo!!!!! Bring it on!!! :bounce1

Give us a shout when you are doing the reccie runs wont ya!
no problem orla

you got the dr sorted yet

given the way the trails out there are spread out i think it would be quite difficult to have specific easy sections for a specific part of the run.
as you know gary some seemingly trails up there have technical sections in the middle of them.
so i'm trying to get an overview of what the majority of folk want.

PS i should have probably mentioned that if you vote 'technical' there is no need to vote 'easy trails' as a lot of them will be easy anyway:blast

I think Gary came up with a good plan say after lunch a bit more tec,I know some of the trails do cross,plus its all down to the weather it can get all sticky:eek:

just got the pc back and log on to find all this blasphemy! the offroad will made on the pogos and then we will see how far we can get on the Gs, none of this wimp out stuff:rob

just got the pc back and log on to find all this blasphemy! the offroad will made on the pogos and then we will see how far we can get on the Gs, none of this wimp out stuff:rob

I refer the honourable gentleman to the Achill boulder field, and add the comment:

Bring it on:dabone

Just let me know when ye need the Guinea Pig..

Feck, I only just saw this poll now.

Well said that man ! :rob :clap

I'm bringing a GS. Which is more than you did at Achill :dabone
Even better that man ! :clap :D

I'm looking forward to seeing what these two would call "technical", it's gonna be soooo much fun. :bounce1 :bounce1

Tuned..The suspense must be killing you...

i wanna know what run to do or to change tyres... might chicken out if it's too hardcore... i don't fancy pushing a GS through too much mud or the like:D

then again i might just go for it:aidan

Back
Top Bottom