Posted to Canada

short001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am happy to say that I have been selected for promotion on the recent board and we are off to BATUS for 2 years in June.
I am not sure what to do with my bike, and how easy it is to ship it out and how much hassle it would be to register it out there.
I will contact BATUS Hive etc, but thought I would try here first to see if anyone has had experience of registering a vehicle from UK into Canada.

Macca may be up for buying it, but if not it would be so good to have it with me in Canada.

Regards,

Dave.

Well done Dave, wish I'd have had a posting to Canada years ago, on Winter repair now so will make some enquiries with some of the ex pats here.

Well done you Tosser:D I'm also after going out there, but only one job in my trade, so it's not looking good at the moment.

As far as i'm aware, it's quite a big job making your bike Canadian spec, as is the States, but don't quote me on that. Try asking on adventure rider(or whatever it's called:augie)

Regards
SF

Well done Dave, wish I'd have had a posting to Canada years ago, on Winter repair now so will make some enquiries with some of the ex pats here.

Thanks.

As far as I can gather it is nearly impossible if you move there, but if you can ask if we (forces posted to BATUS) have any special status.
Hope you are enjoying life there, but I believe it is around -15 at the moment. I have never been to Canada, but the wife has been a few times visiting family who live there.
Can't wait 'till June!

As a Canadian living in Europe, and having looked into it all a few times..

If you are there as an expat, you get to have it (and your cars) there with you. (this could change as the Canadian govt. it sticky about 'safety'... revenue) But you can't sell it, must take it away with you...

If your status is more 'resident' then basically you can't... don't even try... we don't want to talk to you...

Here is the website that you need to hear it from first hand...

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/menu.htm

Al...

As a Canadian living in Europe, and having looked into it all a few times..

If you are there as an expat, you get to have it (and your cars) there with you. (this could change as the Canadian govt. it sticky about 'safety'... revenue) But you can't sell it, must take it away with you...

If your status is more 'resident' then basically you can't... don't even try... we don't want to talk to you...

Here is the website that you need to hear it from first hand...

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/menu.htm

Al...

Thanks for that.

Reading the info on the link it seems that I should be able to import the vehicle. I will only be given a work visa for my 2 year posting, so as long as I took it back with me there would be no problem!

there is only one word for you dave, and thats 'tosser'

will see you on medman in Jun,
sams old boss looked into taking his bike to canada, was easier to sell it and have a can spec bike tax free

there is only one word for you dave, and thats 'tosser'

will see you on medman in Jun,
sams old boss looked into taking his bike to canada, was easier to sell it and have a can spec bike tax free

I wasn't aware that I could buy vehicles tax free in Canada.
Tell me more ......

In general if you can have a bike tax free... you will know it... (i.e. not every expat can have a tax free vehicle)

Al...

Speak with park lane,thats what he did,
although their team seems to have gone downhill since I got mine, the bloke I spoke to seemed fairly ignorant of forces tax free when I rang to talk about swapping mine.

its the same wherever we go I believe, if its out of UK, we get tax free

Hi Scotty, long time no chat. My nipper is off to Canada on Wednesday, I only mentioned your name over the wk end to him :thumb

Dave, I fly on montag, you there yet?

I'll pop in, I presume you'll be in the stores sect somewhere?

I am on course in the UK at the moment and fly out on the 15th June. I will be working in the Headquarters in the appointment of BOWO.
Now I'm a WO1 you better get your heels together ..... but I'll make you a brew if you do :D

When are you there until?

Back
Top Bottom