Its On!!!! So Book Early

Allan Davies

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Treasure Hunt Weekend on the first May Bank Holiday Sat 3rd and Sun 4th. The owner would prefer that only one person does all the booking AKA Muggins here:blast
The Bunk house Status is : 2 rooms holding 10 or 12, so to secure a room to the Treasure Hunt, we must have at least 7 or 9. So post your intentions NOW and I will book you in.
They also have a couple of B&B rooms still available PM first come first served.
Camping also available.
Prices are B&B £25 pp, Bunk house £14pp inc B/F, Camping £3 B/F £5

Bunk house sheets etc provided just bring a bag/duvet:Motomartin. Also Kettle and Mugs provided in barn just bring the makings. Full details on Website http://www.thecastleinn.co.uk/trekkersbarn.htm

I am thinking of charging a nominal fee of approx £5 per bike:eek: to enter the Treasure Hunt, to cover the cost of prizes etc(they won't be that great BTW) :1/10
I hope this will happen, if not enough people commit to the treasure hunt, it will change to a Monthly meet weekend away, with ride a out on the Saturday, Sunday and a wobble back on the Monday.
Also I may even knock up a BBQ on the Sunday after the treasure hunt if the mood takes me:nenau

So come along and join the party :hogroastand make the most of bank holiday. Mel can't go on the back of the bike:bounce1 as she is in the family way.:nenau So any wifey that wants to keep Mel company and talk babies:spitfire are more than welcome:handbag

Good on you all. Chris and I will be camping.

Don't think I'll be able to make the whole weekend, but should manage 1 full day and 1 nights camping. :thumb2

Treasure Hunt will be starting about 1100 ish.
A rolling type start thing I expect:nenau as ewe wouldn't want to be following BidAl around as he couldn't even find the Curry house (January Meet):augie:D:D:D
So if ewe can only make the Sunday, it will give ewe a chance to get up to the Castle Inn :moped::moped: in plenty of time.
I expect it wil last 3-4 hours:nenau:nenau

Treasure hunt

Missus and I would like to join for the weekend. :confused:Sorry still learning the terms over here, what is B/F? :eek:Will go for the bunk house. :beerjug:

Thanks Allan
Book me in for the camping please. I'll be down late PM Saturday and go back AM Monday (after the run I had through Aberdovey through to Carmarthen yesterday I think I'll stop overnight on the way ...)
Thanks for sorting this out - PM an address and I'll send a deposit / cheque if you want.

Collydog Treasure hunt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missus and I would like to join for the weekend. Sorry still learning the terms over here, what is B/F? Will go for the bunk house.

I just hope that the other blokes in the bunkhouse won't object too much to your beloved wife sharing the bunkhouse:bounce1:bounce1, as they tend to be a little shy after a few beers:augie:D:D

I have booked camping for the following people for the weekend as requested;
I HAVE GIVEN MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AS DEPOSIT, SO IF YOU NOW CANCEL YOU MAY HAVE TO COUGH OKAY:thumb2
PW 2 nights camping for 1 person
Gypsy 2 nights camping for 2 people
Big Al 2 nights camping for 2 people
Trangwales 2 nights camping for 1 person
Taff 1 night camping (Sun) for 1 person

I phoned last week to monitor the bunkhouse and no bookings, tonight all bunkhouses are NOW FULL :blast:blast So everyone will have to camp I'm afraid, even the rooms are all booked so thats non-starter too!! Lucky I booked my rooms in January.:augie
I will PM Collydog to tell him the bad news :spitfire

The place is booking up fast, so I would suggest that all those fence sitting should reply to this thread soonest, as the camp site is also filling up:eek::eek:
I need more people to attend, to make the Treasure hunt worth the effort of organising

Hi AL finally got on to broadband yippppeeeeeee, Looking forward to the wk end away
and your bbq. cheers Al.
Al.

Al'
No to that I'm afraid, just running a bit late :nenau Are the two bog snorkling champions coming to the Treasure Hunt weekend end.
Oh and stop going :topic and PM/text me, not post your comments on here for all to read :augie:D:augie:D as I was supposed to be working :augie and not visiting fellow :tosser 's in company time :thumb

Edit---- I suppose at least your keeping the thread alive, so more people read it, and therefore sign up, come on!!!!!!!

Hi Gipsy & I are just wondering what sort of time people are aiming to be there on Saturday. Anyone planning on a ride that day or are we just going to sit round the campfire singing boyscouts songs:D

Hi Gipsy & I are just wondering what sort of time people are aiming to be there on Saturday. Anyone planning on a ride that day or are we just going to sit round the campfire singing boyscouts songs:D

I don't think I'll be there much before late PM. Some bright spark booked me some work AM on Saturday (and hasn't responded favourably to the suggestion that I could do it in leathers ...)

Campfires? Oh that gets me all a twitch ... sourdough, sliding gongs on the chests of slaves, sawing down forests. I'll pack the shorts then ...

I have just returned from a weekend away in the bunkhouse with the UKGSCLUB:moped:. Really bad weather on Saturday about 200 miles worth :eek: :eek:
The food and beer is great at the Castle Inn :beer: :beer: All the steaks come on a hot stone so you can finish of the cooking to your liking :thumb 12oz welsh hung rib eye £10. Brekky is top notch too. They had a sign up saying no open fires or BBQ pits (lucky I'm bringing the gas one, well Mel is in the car, as it won't fit in the top box :D :blast :augie ) I will be doing the treasure hunt recce Friday. I was planning to sort out a little loop for the Saturday from Cardiff area, starting midday ish (very ish) depending on interest. Could even meet other people on route say Westend Cafe or the like to get to the Pub/campsite at 4ish.
I did the ride to the bunkhouse in 40 mins on Friday (Ebbw Vale and then over the top :eek: fecking windy or what!!)

Back
Top Bottom