IOW Ride on Sunday

About the ride :augie

Got a few more piccies emailed over to me today from Dave T sister, Sandra, here they are:

S7300073.jpg

S7300074.jpg

S7300077.jpg

S7300080.jpg

S7300083.jpg

S7300085.jpg

S7300086.jpg

Ok, here goes, this is my first time using Photobucket so let's see if I got the hang of it.....

So we all turned up at Portsmouth on time and ready to go. Novice was feeling rather chilled on arrival and Sani had been there since 0400hrs:eek: as he says he couldn't sleep:eek:onyack. Novice should have ridden faster then he would have got there quicker:augie
Bikes and riders all loaded, although Novice seemed to be in a hurry:augie
Novicerun.jpg

So the sunrise was a great sight and promised good weather for the day:D
sunriseoverSolent.jpg

Erika and I enjoying the crossing
2ofusonferry.jpg

Waiting for the other Tossers at the Shanklin Cafe:bounce1
waitingatShanklin.jpg

Novice, myself and Sani in Tosser pose:thumb
NoviceShadowfistandSani.jpg

The one of these :nenau turned up :ymca
VRod.jpg

Before long the Tosser population on the IOW had quadrupled and all were present and correct
readytoleave.jpg

We stopped here for a break and some photos
Stoppedhere.jpg

View was great:thumb
view.jpg

and then we had a visit from some Power Rangers... He seemed rather pleased to see his mate:augie:augie:augie:ymca:ymca:ymca
Powerranger.jpg

We then stopped of at a great pub for Lunch and more coffee:eek: before heading back to the ferry
Once there all bikes were loaded
Readyforhome.jpg

Ready for the journey back to Blighty!!!!!

Saw another great sunset over the Solent:D
sunsetoversolent.jpg

Once again, thanks to all who made the effort to get out of bed at stupid o'clock on a Sunday morning, and also to Nick and H for showing us "the way" of the IOW:thumb
I think I can safely say it won't be the last:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Nice pics Chris and liked the comments there, I never noticed how please that power ranger was myself :augie
Glad it to hear it wont be the last time you guys come over, look forward to doing it all over again :thumb

Re, then one of these turned up. nice piccy of my V Rod. the only one of that spec in the world. good job i did'nt turn up on my gs, so common on a sunday morning,i would of lost it in the crowd!!! glad you had a nice day out on our little island. ps nice Arlen Ness jacket, very big in the Harley custom scene

Re, then one of these turned up. nice piccy of my V Rod. the only one of that spec in the world. good job i did'nt turn up on my gs, so common on a sunday morning,i would of lost it in the crowd!!! glad you had a nice day out on our little island. ps nice Arlen Ness jacket, very big in the Harley custom scene

Chewy, that was one nice V Rod:thumb, (didn't realise you were a GSer as well:eek:)
Loved the black exhaust, looked really cool.....:D

Take Dave t over to Afton where he watched Jimmy Hendrix play his last gig.....when he was 34:D..Dave that is.

You are One Cheeky SOB !! In August 1970,i was just approaching the tender age of 17.Went to the Festival on a 175cc BSA Bantam with a mate,Steve, on his Tiger Cub.Left the bikes at the Ferry Terminal and went over as Foot Passengers.My mates brother,Rog, was over with a crowd who had an ex US Army Field Tent.Bloody huge it was ,there must have been 70-80 people dossing down in it but we kipped in the van "cos Little Brothers hanging around ain't cool". This was the last big run on the Bantam as i traded it for a 250 cc BSA Barracuda on my Birthday in September.

Ah yes, 1970, a very good yr....the yr I was born :D
My mum & dad went along to this, they said I was just a few days old and that they sat up on Afton down to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom