and bring my 04 crf 250x

blue uk
rudiemoto
karnevil
jonha
tarry
the brother of GOD aka flipfly
Knobby

The ride out is for the bigger trail bikes m8:)..even though two smaller bikes are coming along to which all have agreed to.. We realy only want the bigger trail bikes on this run, sorry.
plus the lanes we are doing are very easy ones..and we stop loads.

Big bike trail ride, Sat 23rd Feb. To refresh everyone on how it will work on the day - meet at the same pub at Allgreave on tight bend (A54Congleton /Buxton Road), at 9 AM sharp...:thumb2

We all got together at the Windmill meet this week to discuss routes; there'll be 3 groups of 5 bikes; Flipfly has offered to lead a Dead Easy group, if it's your first time, this might be the one for you.

Terry and I will lead separate groups riding easy to intermediate lanes - for those that came last time, this will be no harder than anything we did then. We'll arrange for the 3 groups to meet at lunch somewhere, probably Matlock Bath again and anyone wishing to volunteer for Rear Gunner, let me know.

Last time, Terry had the collection box out for the North West Air Ambulance - same applies on this ride - £5 minimum per rider, please, no negotiation. Due to the wet weather we've had, I would recommend that everybody has knobblies fitted - your call obviously.

If it looks like anyone can't make the dates, please let us know in good time so's we can let anyone else who's shown an interest take your place.

Looking forward to a great day out :thumb2 :D

I will be a back man if required to any group

could you be a little more specific with the meet point or can someone transfer it to mapsorce . I couldnt find the windmill :blast :rob :augie
I did in the end though :thumb:clap
Also could you PM me your or Terrys Mobile no please
See you there then :thumb :thumb2

I will be a back man if required to any group

could you be a little more specific with the meet point or can someone transfer it to mapsorce . I couldnt find the windmill :blast :rob :augie
I did in the end though :thumb:clap
Also could you PM me your or Terrys Mobile no please
See you there then :thumb :thumb2

Can anyone remember the name of pub we met at last time out ?

Coming from Congelton end towards Buxton on A54 sharp left hand dog leg at Allgreave on O/S map it marked as PH (public house):thumb2

Its dead easy to find we all found it last time out...:D

OOPS
Never thought to check all the photo's

So its the

Car Park at Rear public house

on the A54 = easy when youve been shown it

See you there !!!!

Easy route for winter ride out 3

Been out today for a recce to get a route for the easy ride out.

Took out Brian as he's a newbie and I thought it would be a good way of testing the water.

The weather was wonderful but the snow made the first few lanes very interesting both on the lane and getting between them.

I'm sure that you will swear at me at first but I promise that this route is stonking. Great roads, fantastic views, great mixture of easy and moderately challenging lanes with a brilliant finale to put into practice what you have learnt.

Big thanks to Terry and Phil (pipster) for helping to find a nice route for the easy route :thumb:thumb:thumb

A lunchtime meet in Bakewell or Matlock seems the best bet.

flipfly
does this still start and finish at the A54 pub. if you are taking the novices can i join your crew at the back somewhere out the way ?

had a look in the area today and not that sure the xl185 is really the right tool age, tyre and power wise and that was on the roads, but hey its what it was built for after all....

H

anyone wishing to volunteer for Rear Gunner, let me know.
I can tail end Charlie.
I'll bring a bag, and at lunchtime I'll give everyone a chance to buy back anything I've picked up :D

I can tail end Charlie.
I'll bring a bag, and at lunchtime I'll give everyone a chance to buy back anything I've picked up :D

Spout you should make a lot of money following all them BMW's you might need a trailer :D:hide

Thats you and mick as rear gunners thanks guys :thumb2

Flips novice group...

There,s only two places left in Flips easy group
Flip
Hro
Britch

Add your name if this is the group for you ...:thumb2

flipfly
does this still start and finish at the A54 pub. if you are taking the novices can i join your crew at the back somewhere out the way ?

had a look in the area today and not that sure the xl185 is really the right tool age, tyre and power wise and that was on the roads, but hey its what it was built for after all....

H

Hro your names added to Flips group only two places left ...

flipfly

H

It will be perfect for the lanes fella. Only issue would be the road work but I'll only be pootling and picking the smallest roads to get between lanes :thumb

Other groups will do more lanes, but we'll have more fun :beerjug::beerjug:

As stated before, nobody gets left behind, it'll be a cracker. We will also stop for breaks and a bit of help if people want. Brian found it useful and he rode confidently and smoothly on a cracker of a lane at the end of the day.

If you are worried, you take the Dak and I'll take the little XL. See how it does will a touch more than 14 stone on it :augie:augie:augie:augie

you're more than welcome to have a go on the little xl.

consider me the claudio of the group (on the red devil) compared to the rest of you ewans and charlies.

since the forced change to the xl, while i wait for the FGS, has taken me back i time to when motorcycling was pure, you know..kicking it till your leg drops off (due to sh*t petrol a modern issue !) forgetting that the last time you used it you turned the fuel tap off - fuel taps !!!!- little power so getting your head down and running the down hill bits so you can get up the otherside etc

at least this way i will be comparing the FGS to the XL so it had better be brill.

advice

what do we bring and is there fuel on your route

H

"Flips easy group":rolleyes:

I'm sure i can prove that wrong :eek: how about novice :thumb(in my case sub divided into old git novice:clap)

looking forward to it, cheers lads to all that have arranged and planned this:beerjug::beerjug:

H

"Flips easy group":rolleyes:

I'm sure i can prove that wrong :eek: how about novice :thumb(in my case sub divided into old git novice:clap)

looking forward to it, cheers lads to all that have arranged and planned this:beerjug::beerjug:

H

Aitch, you won't be on yer own :eek

what do we bring and is there fuel on your route

H

Just bring yourself, £5 quid for the Air Ambulance, your bike, clothing (no naked riders please :eek:), a few quid for lunch and fuel.

There will be a petrol stop or 2 if you need them.

I'll bring some tools (cue sarcastic comment) and the maps.

Might want to bring something to drink just in case it's 40+ in the shade :rolleyes:

Still spaces?

Is there still space on this rideout for me on the XC? I haven't ridden much on wet muddy lanes so I'd quite happily join the easy crew.

Cheers

Paul

Is there still space on this rideout for me on the XC? I haven't ridden much on wet muddy lanes so I'd quite happily join the easy crew.

Cheers

Paul

There's a little bit of rocky stuff, a little bit of muddy stuff, quite a bit of gravelly stuff, a bit more muddy stuff and then some reasonably good rocky stuff.

Your more than welcome with our group Paul (secretly I think were going to the pub :D:D:D).

If your in fella then we have one - two places left at most :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom