Akito Desert Jacket and Pants. Any good?

Timpo

North Wales TRF
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks.
Have you got Akito Desert Jacket and Pants?
Have you got any information on these items?
Do you know where there is a dealer of such kit, preferably with some stock that I could try on for size?

Thanks.
Timpo.

PS. I've had a quick Google, but didn't get much meat on the bone......:augie

akito suit

Just got one on saturday. I've got the rally suit but got the akito for running around as I don't think the bmw one would take a lot of abuse & its too pricey to find out. I know Akito is viewed as a budget make but it seems to be up to it, i wore it on sunday it was cold &very windy no problems.Wore my heated vest (just in case ) but never switched it on. The only thing that I found is that the rally has a proper high collar which is quite snug when done up but the akitos' is low cut so you would have to make sure you have a good neck warmer. But for the price its good & looks cool in the light grey. The fit is good coz I hate baggy stuff flapping about and plenty of adjusters.Sizing may be a prob coz I've got a jacket in large & small in the trousers. Got mine up here so can't help you there. Hope this helps.

Just got one on saturday. I've got the rally suit but got the akito for running around as I don't think the bmw one would take a lot of abuse & its too pricey to find out. I know Akito is viewed as a budget make but it seems to be up to it, i wore it on sunday it was cold &very windy no problems.Wore my heated vest (just in case ) but never switched it on. The only thing that I found is that the rally has a proper high collar which is quite snug when done up but the akitos' is low cut so you would have to make sure you have a good neck warmer. But for the price its good & looks cool in the light grey. The fit is good coz I hate baggy stuff flapping about and plenty of adjusters.Sizing may be a prob coz I've got a jacket in large & small in the trousers. Got mine up here so can't help you there. Hope this helps.

:thumb2
Craig, thanks.
As soon as you have some 'wet weather' performance of your suit, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Regards.
Timpo.

Hi Folks.
Have you got Akito Desert Jacket and Pants?
Have you got any information on these items?
Do you know where there is a dealer of such kit, preferably with some stock that I could try on for size?

Thanks.
Timpo.

PS. I've had a quick Google, but didn't get much meat on the bone......:augie

http://www.akito.com/akito2008small.pdf Page 7 for the Desert kit...

info@lloydlifestyle.com These are the UK distributors if you drop them an email with your location they will let you know the nearest dealer (and should know if they have sent them any Desert Kit too).

I'll keep you right;)

Just bought a pair of the troosers today. They caught my eye and looked like a well thought out pair of pants then I asked the price..........
Seem really good value for £60. The only bit I'm not so keen on is the faux leather bits on the hip and crotch area which looks a bit cheapo. The fit is good, better than my HG rally trousers. Will try them for warmth and waterproofness tomorrow:thumb2

hello, can you help me. thinking of buying the desert trousers and i am wondering will they go over my enduro boots, as my current akito couger trousers will not please advise

Called the Akito importer (LLoyd Lifestyle) last week after they failed to respond to my email (info@lloydlifestyle.com) 10 days ago asking for local distributors.

They weren't that helpful, didn't know who stocked what and promised that the sales rep would call me to advise where I could locate a Desert suit to try on.

Still waiting for that call!

Suits may be improving but the service is still 'budget'

hello, can you help me. thinking of buying the desert trousers and i am wondering will they go over my enduro boots, as my current akito couger trousers will not please advise

i tried a pair on and they were very tight at the calf a MX boot would have had problems going on... a bit smaller fitting than HG stuff
might have been a one off in the calf sizing... but fine fitting everywhere else

i toed ya so

personally - just my experience - could be a one off :nenau but;

i will never buy Akito gear again.
had a pair of boots - only a few weeks old. got a wet foot one day :confused:.

stopped. looked.....
my big toenail had worn through the leather toecap :eek:

if my toenail can do that - what hope for protection in a crash? :nenau

cue comments on diamond tipped toenails :D

I've got mediums and they are slimmer in the calf than my HG toerag pants. They will go over my Tech 8's but only just and then obviuosley won't zip up. Over my Daytona's they are a much better fit than the HG's though as there is less flapping about to get caught on the foot peg when you come to a stop (fallen foul of that before:rolleyes:)
I've worn them for 5 days now (bout 8 hours a day) and deffinately prefer them to my HG's, the armour is better too.
I had some akito gloves years ago and they were Sh!te so was a bit surprised when I realised that's who made these. Apart from the vinyl/leather bits I think they are well put together.
Was going to get some BM rallye or Rukka allroad pants but for the money thought I'd give these a go, I'm pleased with them so far and the difference in price will buy me a set of disks for my spare wheels:)
I've not ridden in really heavy rain as yet so can't comment how they'd compare to the HG pant there though but they've been ok through fords and light rain.
The way I look at is for £60 they're worth a go and if they're knackered at the end of the summer it's not the end of the world.

I know that Bikersworld in the Midlands (at Coleshill, Daventry and Pershore) sell them and they had them in stock at Coleshill last week - looked fairly good suit to me. If I didn't have so many already would consider it...

Just looked at the trousers in the link above to the Akito catalog and noticed in both pictures the guy modeling them has them unzipped over his mx boots so maybe as suggested they are tight around the calfs

Just looked at the trousers in the link above to the Akito catalog and noticed in both pictures the guy modeling them has them unzipped over his mx boots so maybe as suggested they are tight around the calfs
funny i noticed that too:D

Attachments

• leg.jpg
    leg.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,530
funny i noticed that too:D

True, an observation.
The ability to have that zipped up thus making the leg tight and able to be fitted inside the boot is how I likee it.
My new Sinasalo enduro wear does not have a tight leg cuff and fits over the boot, and if a quick dab is required, sometimes the cuff of the leg catches the footpeg, causing, well let's just say, Forry's camera to twitch......:yikes

Anymore dealers where you have seen this kit stocked.....?

Thanks for the info so far.:thumb2

Timpo.

Spoke to a guy Nick from LLoyd Lifestyle this morning about them not going over boots well i think he was called Nick:) he said that's the way they all are.... but he did say he would look into it.

I mentioned the site and others with the same problem and he said they may pop in for some feedback.... lets hope so, it would be nice to see a manufacturer sort out stuff like this :D

Nick from Lloyd Lifestyle, please help me. I want to try on for size an Akito Desert suit. Can you please direct me to a dealer in the North West of England that has a stock of such kit. I have phoned your company but they only gave me possible outlets that can order it for me, not stockists.:confused:
I have GBPs burning a hole in my hand..........
Thanks.
Timpo.

PS. Nice job Tuned..... hardwork or what?!

Got a pair of the trousers a couple of months ago... observations so far after a reasonable amount of use (100 mile round trip commute, 5 days a week).

For comparison, my previous or other trousers are BMW Streetguard (about 3 years old)

Build quality - not bad... not brilliant but they're only £60. Certainly acceptable for the money .......

Very comfy, nice and warm and windproof with liner in. This was tested coming home from work one morning at 6am in -7c when it was really cold a month or so back; my legs would have been freezing in my old streetguards but fine in these (albeit with Coldkillers underneath)

Seem to be waterproof with the liner in (got absolutely pissed on earlier in the week), only problem is the liner ends about 3-4 inches from the bottom of the trouser, so the bottom bit gets wet. Not a problem for me as my boots worn under the trousers come up above the non waterproof bit.

With liners out, suspect they will be nice and cool for summer.

There is no way on gods earth I could get a pair of MX boots underneath them; I've got a pair of A/stars Tech 8s or off road, but they're never going to be worn with the Akito trousers.... I wear road boots underneath though and they're fine.

How would the perform in a crash? No idea, no intention of finding out.But they are after all textile pants so obviously not as well as leather, but beyond that can't help.

Verdict? More than happy with them, would buy them again.

My opinion, or what its worth..........

The Akito Desert jacket is very cheap to buy and the old maxim "you get what you pay for " applies here......The main zip broke on mine after the second time I wore it and both the retailer (Ghostbikes in Preston) and the main supplier (in Cumbria) refused to repair it under warranty because I had lost the receipt.........admittedly it was my own fault for losing the receipt but the jacket was obviously unworn and their only excuse was "You might have bought it abroad!.." .......So if you only want a jacket to last you 2 trips then buy this one; if you expect a jacket to last longer than 2 trips then spend the extra and buy a proper jacket from a quality company............spending more on good quality clothing is far cheaper in the long run..........My experience with an Akito Desert jacket has not been a happy one.......and I gave it a 1 star rating only because I was unable to give it a zero......

Back
Top Bottom