Rugby - I love it I do!

Britishbeefy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I went from being close to a divorce at half time to being the happiest most loving husband at final whistle....what a day!

dear british beefy wot a result!!! i'm glad another gser appreciates rugby!! the only true test of sporting prowess in the world!!!!!!! other than the 1150 being a far greater motorcyclle than the 1200 woss iss name??? .

From a disheartened englishman, i think we played the better rugby for 60minutes but your team had the will to win and we gave up and were crap, well done wales

Well said ferret.:thumb

Glad to see Engurland isn't full of Brian Moore's

Methinks the hills (& valleys) are alive with the sound of :beer::beer::beer: tonight

Enjoyed it more than our effort

Well said ferret.:thumb

Glad to see Engurland isn't full of Brian Moore's

I have said before on this forum,the guy is a ******.

Never have the sound on for internationals always the radio with the TV unless J.Davies is on.
Some text for light reading:

80 mins: James Haskell makes a 20-metre break and pushes England to the half-way line. The clock is well beyond 80 minutes, but it's all over - Wales have won an absolutely extraordinary game of rugby. Just unbelievable.

79 mins: The Welsh pack are not letting the ball out of their sight, even though Hook is itching for a drop-goal. But Duncan Jones knocks on with 15 seconds left on the clock. Can England produce a moment of magic to level this absolutely enthralling encounter?

78 mins: BBC commentator Brian Moore names James Hook as his man-of-the-match - and rightly so. The fly-half has been absolutely inspirational. Wales' 20-year Twickenham hoodoo is just 90 seconds from being banished to the annals of history.

77 mins: Wales are eating up valuable time inside England's 22, James Hook drops into the pocket for a drop-goal attempt, but his forwards make a hard slog towards the England tryline.

"All I can say is thank heavens there is a God and he is Welsh."
Anonymous Welsh person on text 81111

73 mins: Brian Ashton looks like a man who has had his pipe and slippers taken away, he looks absolutely disgusted with what's going on in front of his eyes. Wales win a scrum deep inside England's 22 after indecision from Andy Gomersall.

72 mins: England are reeling, they are rudderless - Wilkinson sends up a high up-and-under to no-one and James Hook has all the time in the world to punt the ball down into England's 22.

70 mins: TRY England 19-26 Wales
Absolutely unbelievable - Mike Phillips goes over to put Wales in front for the first time. The scrum-half charges down Iain Balshaw's attempted clearance and manages to touch down, despite referee Joubert asking for the TV official's assistance. James Hook adds yet another brilliant conversion from exactly the same place. Remarkable.

67 mins: TRY England 19-19 Wales
Great break by James Hook, whose neat sidestep sets up full-back Lee Bryne for a deserved score. This is unbelievable - Warren Gatland's side are punching holes all through England's defence. James Hook levels the score with a sumptuous conversion on the right touchline.

65 mins: Danny Cipriani is welcomed to international rugby with a huge Tom Shanklin hit and England and is immediately enveloped by red shirts. Wales get the put-in in the scrum. England are rocking.

62 mins: PENALTY England 19-12 Wales
Iain Balshaw is penalised for not releasing inside his own 22 and another simple kick in front of the posts for James Hook. Dangerous times for England, whose dominance is slowly slipping away. Elsewhere Mike Tindall and Lee Bryne are both receiving attention for knocks. This is a proper bruiser - Tindall is taken off on a stretcher and Danny Cipriani comes on to make his England debut. What a time to bring on the 20-year-old tyro.

60 mins: Brilliant break from Gavin Henson, who capitalises on a rare missed Wilkinson tackle, sweeping through England's defence into the 22. He slips a pass out to Ian Gough, but the second row's pop pass is brilliantly intercepted by Luke Narraway. A very timely intervention from the Gloucester number eight.

57 mins: PENALTY England 19-9 Wales
James Haskell is penalised for not rolling away after a tackle, handing James Hook the simplest of kicks in front of the posts on the 22-metre line. Still life in this Wales side, we're in for an entertaining final 20 minutes.

53 mins: Martyn Williams loses it with Andrew Sheridan and attempts to pick the Sale prop up from the waist to show his discontent. Only Sheridan weighs the same as a JCB digger, so the Cardiff man's progress is stunted somewhat. Referee Craig Joubert intervenes and awards England the penalty for an earlier ruck infringement.

51 mins: Wales sweep their way upfield with a series of sniping runs, but Gavin Henson fails to hang on to a shocking miss pass from James Hook. Frustrating for the men in red.

48 mins: Dodgy? Under the high ball? No chance. Iain Balshaw snaffles the ball ahead of Shane Williams to a rapturous reception from the Twickenham faithful.

47 mins: No updates on Jonathan Thomas's injury as yet, but we will let you know as soon as we get word on his condition.

44 mins: PENALTY England 19-6 Wales
England opt for the line-out and get another penalty as Wales bring down the line-out jumper in mid-air. Jonny Wilkinson kicks over the three points close to the left touchline.

42 mins: Shane Williams makes an absolute howler on his tryline, opting to run the ball after collecting Toby Flood's clever grubber with the England backline bearing down on him. Unsurprisingly the winger gets pinned and the England players pile in. Inevitably Wales concede a penalty for holding on.

Well done to Wales but you have to say that England were the architects of their own downfall. They totally imploded in 30 minutes of shapeless, rudderless madness. This gave Wales the belief they had so obviously lacked in the first 40-50 minutes and they exploited it brilliantly.

England's half back pairing look increasingly iffy, Wilko is not the player of yore and Gomersall faded very badly and when things started to go breasts skywards there was a distinct lack of leadership in the ranks to steady the ship.

Re Brian Moore, I think he is one of the more objective commentators, he was always quick to praise good play by Wales (or any other team playing England) and was totally scathing about England's woeful, error strewn debacle in the second half. Eddie Butler is also of the same ilk and between them they make an entertaining team....hey it could be worse it could be on Sky who know bugger all about rugby and with that utter wnaker Stuart Barnes commentating.

Last edited:
I think the pivotal moment for Wales yesterday was taking Sonny Parker off and putting Shanklyn on.
Were any of you disappointed with the performance of the 'Volcano' [SIZE=-1]Vainikolo, he came across as a bit one dimensional to me, before the match I was thinking sh1t we haven't got much to answer him with, but it turned we didn't much.:nenau
[/SIZE]

Popam, Shanklin and Jenkins.

Made a huge difference and the game changed when they were introduced.

What an incrediable game of rugby, wanted Wales to win as I dislike seeing England win anything:D

Ireland are .....well...Ireland :eek: O'Sullivan should have taken a hike after the WC debacle. His choice of Subs and timing defy understanding.....must go and watch Scotland miraculously beat Froggie:augie

What an incrediable game of rugby, wanted Wales to win as I dislike seeing England win anything:D

Ireland are .....well...Ireland :eek: O'Sullivan should have taken a hike after the WC debacle. His choice of Subs and timing defy understanding.....must go and watch Scotland miraculously beat Froggie:augie

Hope you didn't waste your afternoon:augie:augie

Thought Ireland had to be the worst of the home nations team but I am not sure now.....

Hope you didn't waste your afternoon:augie:augie

Thought Ireland had to be the worst of the home nations team but I am not sure now.....

Just as well I'm not Frank Haddon, I wouldn't know what to say to the players, that was just a woeful display by Scotland, didn't seem to have had much of a brief on who was doing what. Haddon's fault or the Forwards coach? They made Mr Froggie look much better than he actually was.

Funny ol' game, rugby :aidan

What a great start to the 6 nations. Wales were superb, their passion in the last 20 mins was like Wales of old. England just went to sleep. France look menacing, everyone else has lots of work to do. Bring on next weekend.:aidan:eek:onyack:beerjug:

so beaten by a club side are they welsh club champions? i am disusted by the england performance we will see what excuses are in mondays papers, good effort mind it was more like the welsh team of the 70`s with emphasis on TEAMWORK!!!.

Got my tickets for Wales v Scotland, will be coming down with a couple of Scottish lads, cant wait.

On Friday it would have been no problem but after the events on Saturday I am afraid no chance, they have all gone, Sorry. Just to rub it in i have also got my tickets for the France game sorted aswell.That should be the Grandslam decider.:augie

Back
Top Bottom