Anybody else in the UAE?

Contact.

Hi there Mo-Tech try this friend of mine he did the crossing in Dec 2003 just before the big earthquake in Bam, stayed with me for about 2 weeks and then headed in to Oman for a month before coming back to Dubai and heading off to New Zealand.

E-mail address is transscriptum@gmx.de his name is Dirk really nice guy from Stutgart (I think):beerjug:
Richard.

Beds in Dubai

I finally coughed up the 500 Dhms for the March Dubai BikeWeek event. And as I will no doubt be travelling the 1000+kms to Dubai on my own, it would be nice to meet up with fellow GS's for a drink and a chat. And, let it be said, I do not fancy paying the hefty prices for the Le Meridien hotel, just to sleep after hours.

Anybody local have a spare bed / couch for a gentleman guest? Anyone help?

Fact is, I was that way during the Eid holidays and covered 3,500kms going as far as Fujirah on the coast. Hopefully March will be a bit more warmer. Cheers :beerjug:

Hi there...

I'm living in Dubai and I do have either a bed or sofa and cool beer and a GS1150, I'm working during the bike week :)eek::eek::eek::eek: it) but should be a good event. give me a call sometime there are other people around that might be more socialable as I'm working 12 hours a day just get up work get home eat and sleep. will ask around.

My Dubai number is 0097150-6540981.

all the best Richard.
:beerjug:

Hi Richard,
Thanks for the reply and I will phone you at the weekend. That is OUR weekend. It's nice to meet other people of like minds. Over the last few years, bike week has been a HOG event only. I suppose the organisers want to see riders on bikes, not chrome bikes on trailers.
Look forward to seeing members of the boxer rebellion and a cool drink.

Steve Williams :beer:

Bikes Trailers????

Well Steve I'm working nights at the moment so probably won't hear the phone, I'll be in dream land, If you call sometime after seven in the evening I'll be at work so can talk then if I'm not busy which hopefully I won't be.

As for Bikes on trailers, We have had guys coming from Saudi, Doha, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain and not one of those was trailered to Dubai apart from the water sections of the trip they all rode over. Then we have had at least 3 days riding covering probably 300kms a day, in as I'm sure you know windy sandy conditions, the front of my Ultra (the Harley I had then) all the chrome was a matt finish by the end of the event.

So it's not (or wasn't the last 2 times I've took part in it your typical show bike chrome bike event, there are at least 5 riders who used to race road bikes, and I assure you you can get a Harley to hussle. and a lot more entertaining when it does.

Will be good to see you over here, should be a nice event there are quite a few bikes over here just getting people out on the is the hard part.

Take care Richard.:beerjug:

Attachments

• picture from hog rally.jpg
    picture from hog rally.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 87
Re: Contact.

Richard,

if it's a Dirk from motorradkarawane.de/ then i already contacted him. Got some info from him too.

Not sure now, since ferry prices shipping bike and ourselves from Iran to UAE and back seems a bit too costy for tourists as Dirk sayed. But if we'll find place in Iran to leave a bike there and come ourselves over the Persian Gulf and do a little sightseeing in Dubai few days, hopefully the taxy is cheap there? :)

Ideal would be come over the gulf with the bike and ride till Oman, but who knows... ;)

Margus

Richard Stallard said:
Hi there Mo-Tech try this friend of mine he did the crossing in Dec 2003 just before the big earthquake in Bam, stayed with me for about 2 weeks and then headed in to Oman for a month before coming back to Dubai and heading off to New Zealand.

E-mail address is transscriptum@gmx.de his name is Dirk really nice guy from Stutgart (I think):beerjug:
Richard.

Yup

Yes it is a shame, think they took too much of a pounding with the cost of the bikes, in order to cover that the course would cost far too much for anyone to afford.

Maybe they should consider doing one for local guys, which can use their own bikes, anyone interested??
Can give this idea to Shawn next time I see him.

Maybe just a weekend at Hatta with somekind of discounted rate and a few ride from there?

Richard.

Not sure

:confused: How that reply came under that message?????

Tsiklonaut if you do come to Dubai give me a call 0097150-6540981 Mobile 009714-2887998 and you can have a bed at my place, Dirk and Diana stayed here while they where in Dubai and we had so fun evenings BBQ beer and such.

Try to give me some idea when you might come over as I'm away in April from the 6th till the 23rd then I'm off work for 2 weeks more then back to work for 1 month, would be good if I'm off work when your here so I can show you around.

All the best hope to see you soon.:beerjug:

Re: Not sure

We'll be in South Iran probably in the beginning of september. Will let you know if we have certan plan visiting Dubai!!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheers, Margus

Richard Stallard said:
:confused: How that reply came under that message?????

Tsiklonaut if you do come to Dubai give me a call 0097150-6540981 Mobile 009714-2887998 and you can have a bed at my place, Dirk and Diana stayed here while they where in Dubai and we had so fun evenings BBQ beer and such.

Try to give me some idea when you might come over as I'm away in April from the 6th till the 23rd then I'm off work for 2 weeks more then back to work for 1 month, would be good if I'm off work when your here so I can show you around.

All the best hope to see you soon.:beerjug:

OK

Look forward to it, I finish work on the 12th September for 4 weeks start work again on the 12th October. Maybe I could get the ferry over to Iran and then come back to Dubai with you something worth thinking about.

If your going to South Iran, Dubai is just accross the water seems a shame to go all that way and not come to Dubai and then Oman.
If you don't have the time then maybe come to Dubai leave your bike here then come back later and ride to Oman.

Give it some thought.:beerjug:

Re: OK

Richard,

there's two barriers that may stop us:

1) fucin' Carnet de Passages document that we can't buy in Estonia, available in Germany, but needs HUGE deposit costs (you get the deposite money back if return with the bike, but the deposit is needed if you go to travelling - about 3000 euros!!! :( ), that document maybe is required for entering UAE for the bike (not required for Oman as far as i know). We can get to Iran without it (altough it's required there too, but there's an 100-200$ alternative available on the bigger border posts). But maybe it's possible to enter UAE w/o Carnet too with the bike.
2) how much of our poor student's money is left until we get to South Iran, if there's more than half left then at least UAE w/o bike is certan plan! Let's see how much we have collected that evil-paper working aside with the school if the august comes and we'll be on the way, if enough then maybe our long dreamed UAE-Oman becomes very acctual with the bike. :)

Indeed - we wouldn't mind if you come and ride around Iran with us if "sh*t happends" in our budget and we can't come over the Gulf! I can give you some photo-tips at least then ;)

I'll keep you updated.

Cheers, Margus

Richard Stallard said:
Look forward to it, I finish work on the 12th September for 4 weeks start work again on the 12th October. Maybe I could get the ferry over to Iran and then come back to Dubai with you something worth thinking about.

If your going to South Iran, Dubai is just accross the water seems a shame to go all that way and not come to Dubai and then Oman.
If you don't have the time then maybe come to Dubai leave your bike here then come back later and ride to Oman.

Give it some thought.:beerjug:

Ok Bro

Ok lets hope for the best, would be good to meet up.

In the nean time will see what info I can find about requirement for Carnet in the UAE.

Take care and post some more pictures.

Dubai Bike Week

Hi Steve,
Bed/pool beer available at mt place during bike week if u need it.
Although its a Harley event evrybody here is cool and they are a good crowd.
150 odd bikes for a Tsunami run to Hatta had Everything from Ducati to Busa,s out.
See Rich has offered you a berth but is working that week!
Should be a good few days!!
Mob 00971 50 842 5008
Take care.
R.T.

Bed and beer

Hi Desert Biker,
Thanks for the offer and I will no doubt see you at the event. I will be travelling on Wednesday morning from here with a ride of 1200kms+.
But alas, as poor Yorik used to hear during every performance; I have booked a room at the Novohotel with friends from KSA. Still, I won't say no to a cold beer. My taste buds have withered with drinking sadiqi.
I will be on the black GS Adventure in the extra large grey Rallye 2 jacket. Maybe not. If the weather warms up (insha-allah), I may wear the yellow air-flow jacket with matching yellow helmet. Think of a bumble bee as you see me swarming around the HOG riders. I am not going to clean the bike that much. This weekend will be tightening bolts, checking oil, brakes, lights and tyres. Looking forward to meeting many likewise thinkers and doers in this part of the world.

Cheers:beer:

Dubai Bike Week

No worries mate.
Blue 1200 GS with yellow airflow ,Silver System 4
Sounds like a good run 1200 ks is a big day, Airhawk seatpad???lol.
See you there mate.
Rick T.

Been and gone!!

It was a great weekend and well worth the ride to Dubai for the Bikeweek event. Fantastic rideouts, yummy food laid on, good displays, loadsa free Barbican (Sic) and good lads met from Moscow to Manchester. Back next year for the bash.

Back
Top Bottom