How many GPS should I have?

• Thread starter Deleted Member I
  • Start date
Zumo and Quest II?

Not wishing to hijack a thread, but having trawled through the search results, this was closest to the answer.
The question:
I currently use a Quest II, which is fine but for a scratched screen. If I were to buy a Zumo for the road, and keep the Quest for off-roading/spare, how compatible are the two units? Will Mapsource throw a wobbler each time I plug the other in? Is one on a different version of software?
I noticed in a photo that that nice Mr Waldin has both fastened to his machine.
Any ideas?
Mark

I currently use a Quest II, which is fine but for a scratched screen. If I were to buy a Zumo for the road, and keep the Quest for off-roading/spare, how compatible are the two units? Will Mapsource throw a wobbler each time I plug the other in? Is one on a different version of software?
Quest II and the Zumo use the same mapping (City Nav NT). However, you'll now need to pay for two unlock codes (previously you could get a 2nd FOC) if you want to run the same mapping.

Mapsource is the same for both and if you had both running on the same version of City Nav then you could share routes between them without issue.

You can have multiple mapping versions running under Mapsource (one open at a time) and can swap mapping version whilst keeping an active route on screen. You will need to recalculate the route if you do this though. You can even load routes for the wrong mapping version onto a Garmin but before it uses it it will prompt you to recalculate the route on the unit itself.

Back
Top Bottom