Anchor Man motorcycle security

Voyager61

Reaction score
Having detected that someone had had a good look under cover on my bike (they had to undo a clip through the back wheel to do so) I decided to install some security forthwith.

Coincidentally, last Saturday I found a card from 'Anchor Man' on my bike, which was parked at Excel for the London Show.

'Anchor Man', in the form of top bloke Andrew, turned up this morning and fitted said device:

anchor1de3.jpg

My Abus Granit fits neatly through the rear wheel axel, which is going to be way more secure than fitting it through the wheel:

anchor2ap8.jpg

Andrew can be contacted via his web site:
http://www.anchor-man.co.uk/

Top bloke. Rides bikes. Talks bikes while working. Fair price. Quick and tidy work.

Get enough like minded folk together in your vicinity and he'll discuss a bulk fitting deal.

warning

Nice bit of kit, but i dint think it a good idea to show your security arrangements to the world, forearmed is one step ahead.
see for sale and wanted, "anti chav mine" might be what you need.
regards Paul

another idea

Something else which is good, is to go and get a old foden engine block or similar and put the chain through one of the bores, if they are to try and get yer bike, they have to lug along a cast iron diesel engine block.
cunning eh?
Also if you lay your hands on a 12" length of 4" soil pipe and then dig a hole in the garage floor, put a 1/2" iron/steel rod through the soil pipe at right angles to it,making sure 4 inches poke out of the soil pipe at either end. approx 4 inches down from the top, then bury the assembly in concrete flush with the top of the soil pipe.when dry you can pass a chain down and round the pin and voila a ungrindable bomb proof ground anchor at very little cost.

If you have garage walls made of concrete blocks, it can be useful to mount the "ground" anchor to the wall - to help keep the chain off the ground :thumb2

It may not ultimately have the same retention as one that is nailed through the floor, but may just hamper access sufficiently that it is a better overall solution.

Al :)

If somebody really wants to nick your bike they are gonna do it, pretty much regardless of what security measures you take.

I've a similar arrangement (plus a few more bits). I'm satisfied that it's gonna stop 95% of tea leaves and that's probably the best you can expect.

My top tip is to use 'braided' steel cable (as well as a chain at home). I have a 3/4" thick one (plastic covered) with loops at each end, which I bought from B&Q of all places (they no longer sell it, just a thinner one now :( ).

I used to live in a very rough area and it was used to lock my 3 bikes up out on the street, a CCM SM, Armstrong and Guzzi Lemon.
I lost count of the amount of times some scrote tried to nick one of them and I had some chains cut through and an Abus shackle lock totaled BUT despite several attempts to cut through the cable nobody ever succeeded :thumb2

It is still used to this day (complete with 'bite' marks), it coils up to fit in the bottom of my top box and is long enough to tie the bike up to a nearby tree/post/whatever and it goes everywhere with me.

Andres

PS Those hollow axles really are perfect for locking up the bike aren't they :thumb2

My top tip is to use 'braided' steel cable (as well as a chain at home). I have a 3/4" thick one (plastic covered) with loops at each end, which I bought from B&Q of all places (they no longer sell it, just a thinner one now :( ).

That Captain Cropper guy on YouTube did a cable lock. He couldn't chop through it even with his 42" croppers.

However, similar sized dedicated cable cutters went through it like a knife through butter.

A sure fire case of 'right tool for the right job' if ever there was one!

That Captain Cropper guy on YouTube did a cable lock. He couldn't chop through it even with his 42" croppers.

However, similar sized dedicated cable cutters went through it like a knife through butter.

A sure fire case of 'right tool for the right job' if ever there was one!

Hadn't heard of him before - just had a ganders on Youtube and the words Hot Butter and Knife come to mind :eek:

Just goes to show, if somebody really wants your bike they'll have it.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom