Lakes Feb Campin' Weekend - The aftermath

The 'Fresh' morning:clap

Jacqueslemac, Bobble, Jordie foote and Adamm were still here come the second morning:thumb

KTM525 stopped just the one night which was just as well for him due to the airless airbed:augie:D

Adamm to give him credit appeared late on the first night - as he'd spent quite some time waiting for the group on the wrong campsite:blast:D

Attachments

• lakes Jan camp08 031 (Small).jpg
    lakes Jan camp08 031 (Small).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 229
  • lakes Jan camp08 033 (Medium).jpg
    lakes Jan camp08 033 (Medium).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 228
  • lakes Jan camp08 035 (Medium).jpg
    lakes Jan camp08 035 (Medium).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 228
  • lakes Jan camp08 038 (Medium).jpg
    lakes Jan camp08 038 (Medium).jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 228
Top weekend.....

Thanks to everyone for an excellent weekend, good food, loads to drink, excellent ride out and excellent company:thumb2

Attachments

• DSC01268.JPG
    DSC01268.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01269.JPG
    DSC01269.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC01272.JPG
    DSC01272.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC01274.JPG
    DSC01274.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01275.JPG
    DSC01275.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 224
The 'food' stop

Attachments

• Image057.jpg
    Image057.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 226
  • Image058.jpg
    Image058.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Image059.jpg
    Image059.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 226
The views in the morning...

were breathtaking....

Attachments

• DSC01285.JPG
    DSC01285.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC01289.jpg
    DSC01289.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC01290.jpg
    DSC01290.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 226
A lovely evening sky brought us iced tents by the morning. The tents had clear hard ice on them just after sunrise:eek::D

Attachments

• Image061.jpg
    Image061.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Image066.jpg
    Image066.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 227
Who's Zing?

And where's he being held? :eek

Lovely pics of lovely countryside. Thanks. :thumb

great weekend

Thanks to all, had a great time both on and off the bike. good choice of roads and after visiting two campsites i can say we had the best one-apart from those fecking badgers messing with my tent! I did think i had been stood up on Friday night, not for the first time, by a group of men on bikes , that would be a first.

I will put some pics up as soon as i learn how.

Once again thanks for all the organisation that went in to it, very much appreiciated

ps, its a funny old world but just when you think you have heard it all about acts of utter lunacy along comes a fella who broke his ankle by carrying his canoe up a tree getting in it and lanching into the river bank!! top marks!!!:clap:clap

Who's Zing?

Lovely pics of lovely countryside. Thanks. :thumb

second that.:thumb

all we need now is to have someone to organize a spring/ summer one :D
with a BBQ in the evening:beerjug::beerjug:

cheers again guys . nice meeting you all and a pleusure to ride with:thumb:thumb

Adamm
i'll have to send you the pictures m8..
yes I agree funny old world when you get to meet folk like yourself who have add real adventures .
i dare anyone to try and out ROW Adamm...

"Well done....Bobble!"

Gotto be said!

"Well done Bobble!"

that was the best bit of "sat-nav" reading i have seen in a long time!

seriously..... you led 12? tosser's round the Lake's with aplomb mate:thumb

well done, you didn't know the route or the roads and relied only on a sat-nav plot supplied by someone else:eek: brave indeed!

i rode right behind you mate for a lot of the time.....

it was a pleasure... well ridden! and well done!

i'd be quite happy to ride with you anywhere any time

nobody got lost... or fell off!

top performance!

for Bobble..... a big round:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

how much

I'd like to second all the good comments, it was a top weekend. I left Keswick just after noon and managed to get home before it got dark. It was 323 miles and took me 5hrs 13minutes, so you can tell the traffic wasn't bad - clear sunshine the entire way.

I've had a look at my pictures and will post some when I have shrunk them enough to fit on the site (shame it doesn't do it automatically, eh?).

If anyone with a picture of me could send them to me, I'd be really grateful, as I've never got any. That goes doubly for a picture of me actually on my bike. My photos with a bike in them are usually the "stationary bike in front of view" type shot.

Thanks again for the good company on and off the bike. I was hardly scared at all (on the bike).

The ice on the tent thawed out by the time I got home. It's now a puddle on the kitchen floor.

What a top weekend :clap:clap:clap Big thanks to Squid for the open invite :thumb2 I set off to meet Rob (Squid) on route, and to be honest I was thinking on the ride up, what if they're all a bunch of W*nk**s? I'm going to be stuck with them for the weekend :blast as it turns out you were a great bunch of Tossers :D

I really enjoyed the company, I've had a right laff, except getting up this morning at 4.30 to go for a :monkeypiz only to find ice all over my tent and even on the inside :eek:

It's been a pleasure to meet all of you and I can't wait for the next one :thumb2

Pics coming up

Pics starting with Squid and I going to Ambleside on Friday for a pie (in the rain:mmmm)

Attachments

• 100_2404.JPG
    100_2404.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 177
Squid and Geordie Foote...
Is this the "Liger" you were on about? :augie

Attachments

• liger.jpg
    liger.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 169
Squid and Geordie Foote...
Is this the "Liger" you were on about? :augie

:D:D:D

I think thats a pedigree one.

Now we just have to work out how to cross it with a badger and a goose for the perfect camping pet.

Back
Top Bottom