R1200GS/GSA Screens and Leg Skirts

its all poo

Reaction score
Fitted and well tested

first thing Im going to do is rewrite the fitting instructions !

No buffering on shoulders or head, very quite, no wind at all on legs and feet

Side skirts and foot skirts bolt on with 3 bolts leaving nothing on the bike and no marks.

If you want to have a go drop me a line

GS and ADV Prices the same £185 for screen thats the larger winter one the support bar and the smaller summer one.

Side skirts and foot skirts £185

Both together £350 free fitting if you come to me !

Took the bike to a BMW shop and at first they did not even notice the side skirts.

with good instructions fitting time for screen half an hour side skirts 40 minutes (they need to be assembled and then go on and of with 3 bolts)

Side skirts and foot skirts take 5 mins to fit and remove once assembled

Seperate screen same size as ADV screen with support bar to fit GS or ADV H500 W650 £175

Same screen but 50mm higher than standard ADV screen H550 W650 £180

These screens are a lot widder than standard so offer far more protection the extra hight one is big very big[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• File0003%20%282%29.jpg
    File0003%20%282%29.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,616
  • File0002%20%282%29.jpg
    File0002%20%282%29.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,614
  • File0002.jpg
    File0002.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,608
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,623
  • File0003.jpg
    File0003.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,598
I now have a demo screen and a set of leg guards so if you want to try before you buy drop me a line.

Question. Having now sold these to people in Canada, South Africa, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand and many to USA why do I not sell many in the UK ?

Is it the price the style er what ?

Hi Poo.

I'm thinking of replacing my standard 06 1200GS screen because after trying a GSA last weekend I realised what a huge difference a larger screen can give. Do you have any other photos you can share? I don't think the ones posted so far are doing it justice. Also is the csreen smoked or clear?

Thanks,
Daz

I am not interested because I find that the standard GSA screen does all that I need. Heated grips,muffs and a Gerbings heated liner keep me toasty in the winter.

I thought that I would add that as my reason for not changing the screen. It looks like you have an interesting product though.

Does the leg shielding affect cooling of the engine ?
:D

Hi the single piece screens are available in smoked and clear the 2 piece screen the small summer that come together are is smoked and the big winter one is clear.

I and others have done 1000s of miles with the leg and foot guards and have noticed zero difference in engine temperature have noticed a different in leg and foot warmth !

I can get you some photos of the 2 piece screen on my bike and leg shields ?

Attachments

• sc978b.jpg
    sc978b.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,047
  • sc975b.jpg
    sc975b.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,026
  • sc979b.jpg
    sc979b.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,020
I've thought about getting an OEM GS Adventure screen for my 2008 GS, but the price for screen and bracketing make it prohibitive.

Is your clear GSA screen the same size and shape as the OEM GSA screen?
(I really don't like the shape of some of the after market larger screens.)

Is the extra bracket for the screen available in silver?

I don't quiet understand what you mean by "the larger winter one the support bar and the smaller summer one" and later when you refer to "2 piece" screens. Is this a screen that is made larger by adding an attachment?
Edit: Ah! I think I can now see what you mean looking at the second photo above, I didn't notice the smaller screen behind the larger one at first. :blast

Cheers

Bob

havent measured a GSA one but all the measurements are at the begininng of the thread the bar is in silver for the 2 piece screen so I presume it can be got in silver for the single screens.

I ride with the 2 piece screen I use a system 5 helemet and can ride with the front up, up to 120mph no wind in eyes and no need to wear earplugs. with the standard screen my eyes start watering at about 40 mph

Adventure scree and leg shields

I now have a demo screen and a set of leg guards so if you want to try before you buy drop me a line.

I would like to take you up on this. Have pm'd you with my mobile no. Give me a call.

I have an 09 GSA and would like a wider than std screen in particular,

Dave

A lot of new products for BMW including an adjustable screen below which is for
GSA €190 and GS € 280 both pp €25. and a rear crud catcher for €84.

Same type for 800 €175 plus pp €25

Attachments

• Crud.jpg
    Crud.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 733
  • SC1001.jpg
    SC1001.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 719
R1100 GS

Hi, do you do foot/ leg skirts and screens for the R1100 GS ? If so, could you post some pics please ? I'd be very interested .........

The two part screen looks very interesting .Do you have a problem ,having to seperate the two screens every time you wash the bike,and do the legs screens stop muck getting thrown up by the front wheel
would the rear crud catcher ,fit a gs with lowered suspension? :thumb2:flag

The 1200GS side skirts and foot flaps keep virtualy all dirt and rain off your legs and feet. The two part screen adjust very easily so cleaning is easy but just not as easy as a one piece.

the lowered suspension mmmh cant say realy but cant see why not ?

havent measured a GSA one but all the measurements are at the begininng of the thread the bar is in silver for the 2 piece screen so I presume it can be got in silver for the single screens.

Hi Poo, just so I'm clear, is the 1 piece screen the same dimensions as the GSA OEM one? And do you know if it will clear winglets fitted on a standard GS?

Cheers.

Hi Billy Wiz

I have not measured a GSA Screen but the Dimensions for the screens are at the beginning of the thread. They are

Single screen same size as ADV screen with support bar to fit GS or ADV H500 W650 £175

Same screen but 50mm higher than standard ADV screen H550 W650 £180

So I would say the standard ADV screen is 500mm high ?

A new product you might be interested in is

Description:

We have created an ADJUSTABLE-HEIGHT WINTER-SUMMER SCREEN which, thanks to a new LOCKING-UNLOCKING system, allows customised shielding against the wind. Using a simple mechanism made entirely from stainless steel, it is possible for the upper section of the fairing to be moved (over a distance of 13 cm) without requiring tools of any kind. The methacrylate used for manufacture of the transparent and tinted parts is of the highest quality, maintaining its brightness over time. In addition, the upper fairing is available in two heights; a high WINTER version and a lower SUMMER version.

More about it here

http://www.isotta-srl.com/EN/ARTICLES/SC1001.aspx

R1100 GS Screens

Hi, do you do foot/ leg skirts and screens for the R1100 GS ? If so, could you post some pics please ? I'd be very interested .........

Did you ever get a reply this question, I too am looking for a better screen than the original, so far the MRA looks like the only real alternative.

Hi its all poo,

I have an 07 GS Adventure. I ride in winter here in Devon. I am continually. Covered in mud and shit from the roads here. The mud / water gets thrown up from behind the cylinders and up onto the sides of the tank. My goretex trousers are constantly filthy from the crap thrown onto to them.

I am very interested in leg shields for my bike.
Q. How much crap are they likely to keep off?
Q. How much?

Thanks

John

leg shields

Hi Buster s on line site now sells these. It was too complicated selling goods made in Italy in Uk. From Serbia. The leg guards and foot guards work great you will not be dissapointed.

Back
Top Bottom