why, oh why?

luga00

Having just been initiated into the pleasures of the 1150GS, the Mods section of the board is quite an eye-opener. We have chips that reduce or eliminate surging and generally improve performance and mid-range torque. We have after-market exhaust systems which make the bike sound and perform like it really has a got a 1 litre engine. A seat that takes a lot of getting used to and is generally regarded as less than adequate (compared to a Corbin). Etc, etc.
Do you think BMW are generally trying to keep production costs down or are they rigidly sticking to their own design out of stubboness?
I have to say though that from all the posts here a big part of owning the 1150 seems to be the satisfaction in making the bike perform better than the standard factory model:D

Russ

Russ,
It's a bike thing - most people change their bikes in some way to personalise. Gone are the days when we rode bikes as a mundane form of cheap transport in the 60's and 70's.Today they are a lifestyle leisure pursuit.
Jap bikes are heavily modded - from the sublime to the ridiculous - take Goldwings for example.
Most Jap Sports bikes have race exhausts and small no. plates and coloured headlight covers - while their owners look like ' lop eared Rabbits' preferring to stick false ears on their latest racing Shoei or Arai race helmet - you don't see Valentino 'The Doctor' Rossi with 'stick on ears' - too much drag !!!!!!!!!!!
Even though he's on the fastest GP bike in 2002.

Hey John:
Some BMW owners stick lop-ears to their helmets too . . . this is not a confession of guilt, but my beloved likes her furry dalmation things. And, they make her go much faster! REfuses to wear them in bed though!
Simon E.

So Simon,
I take it she's slower in bed without the 'Dalmatian ears'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ears

Sorry to say chaps but I got some of they stickie on ears, amuses the kids in cars on the motorways. I must admit on the way back from Brands Hatch they did give me neck ache with drag trying to "cruise" at 95 plus for the 80 odd miles down the M4!!!

Fred the one with ears:D

Back
Top Bottom