Who would be up for this Belguim Event over Easter?

I'll have a look for you, how many do you need?

Somewhere between 4 and 12 depending upon whats in packet:thumb

Not desparate like but if you happen to stumble on some:D

Just saw them somewhere and thought they would be handy - had I bought them:blast

Reckon It will be an early start on the friday for us, just remind me what time we have to be at the station? I'd rather leave early and stop along the way for a brew:bounce1

Somewhere between 4 and 12 depending upon whats in packet:thumb

Not desparate like but if you happen to stumble on some:D

Just saw them somewhere and thought they would be handy - had I bought them:blast

Reckon It will be an early start on the friday for us, just remind me what time we have to be at the station? I'd rather leave early and stop along the way for a brew:bounce1

My paperwork is at the office, but I think we need to be there just after 12. It's about 3.45 hrs from here, so maybe we should set off at about 8ish, then again as it's good Friday, maybe we should allow another 1/2 hr:nenau
More to the point.... how early do you want to get up:D

My paperwork is at the office, but I think we need to be there just after 12. It's about 3.45 hrs from here, so maybe we should set off at about 8ish, then again as it's good Friday, maybe we should allow another 1/2 hr:nenau
More to the point.... how early do you want to get up:D

Funny isn't it - I get up at 5.15am in order to commute to work yet on a day off with something interesting to do that times seems scary:eek::D

It's going to take me around 30mins to get to yours from J15?

So long as we have some contingency time in hand - I'll guess at leaving around 6.45am from here - not sure if the motorway will be better or worse given its a B/H.

I am actually off on the Thursday too though so could go the day before and camp nr Dungeness or something. Easy either way:thumb

Funny isn't it - I get up at 5.15am in order to commute to work yet on a day off with something interesting to do that times seems scary:eek::D

It's going to take me around 30mins to get to yours from J15?

So long as we have some contingency time in hand - I'll guess at leaving around 6.45am from here - not sure if the motorway will be better or worse given its a B/H.

I am actually off on the Thursday too though so could go the day before and camp nr Dungeness or something. Easy either way:thumb

I'm trying to change some things around at work, Thursday could be an easier day for travel. I'll let you know later :thumb

Oh, and no joy with the groundsheet pegs yesterday, bl**dy cr*p show:mad:

I'm trying to change some things around at work, Thursday could be an easier day for travel. I'll let you know later :thumb

Oh, and no joy with the groundsheet pegs yesterday, bl**dy cr*p show:mad:

I did think about going to that show but the nipper had a school outing - lucky escape then:augie:D

I'll hack a few metal pegs down for the groundsheet - a few quid saved:cool:

I don't mind too much either way on the travel, let me know when you do and we can ID a campsite if needed:thumb

I've been checking out the weather:eek::D

I think we had better go well wrapped. Looks like max 7 or and min 0 to 3.

only good thing is it will be warmer than the UK - chance of snow as artic winds blow in from the north.

I went to decathalon today and was going to buy a tarp but spent the money on a beach shelter for the wife and boy instead:blast

Looks like the tarp might have been useful:augie

I did pic up a childs fold up chair which is small enough for the bike and big enough for me - should be useful next to the camp fires. I'm going to take waterproof trousers and warm jacket:bounce1

The tarmac routes and the programme list can be downloaded from the Belgium website

http://forum.bmw-mc-vl.be/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=220616#p220616

Cheers for the link - it helps explain whats going on:thumb

bobble, I see the road route will have 5% off road. Perhaps we could do this on the sat and the easy off road on Sunday depending upon conditions. That way we will get caked in mud etc the day towards the end of the weekend rather than the start

I've been checking out the weather:eek::D

I think we had better go well wrapped. Looks like max 7 or and min 0 to 3.

only good thing is it will be warmer than the UK - chance of snow as artic winds blow in from the north.

I went to decathalon today and was going to buy a tarp but spent the money on a beach shelter for the wife and boy instead:blast

Looks like the tarp might have been useful:augie

I did pic up a childs fold up chair which is small enough for the bike and big enough for me - should be useful next to the camp fires. I'm going to take waterproof trousers and warm jacket:bounce1

I went to Decathlon straight after work, guess what I bought?......... yep, a TARP :D

Cheers for the link - it helps explain whats going on:thumb

bobble, I see the road route will have 5% off road. Perhaps we could do this on the sat and the easy off road on Sunday depending upon conditions. That way we will get caked in mud etc the day towards the end of the weekend rather than the start

That sounds good to me:thumb2

Looks like I should be ok for Thursday, I'll confirm tomorrow :bounce1

I went to Decathlon straight after work, guess what I bought?......... yep, a TARP :D

Hey good man:thumb somewhere dry to sit:cool:

I've just downloaded the road routes for the meet etc. from the link above.

Also had a quick look at campsites nr the tunnel. If you've never been before we could get down to Lydd pitch up and take a short ride around Dungeness. I used to go there a lot, well worth the visit if you've never been. 20 miles from the tunnel so easy job in the morning and would mean a fresh face for the Friday.

I'll check here tomorrow to see what the plan is

Hey good man:thumb somewhere dry to sit:cool:

I've just downloaded the road routes for the meet etc. from the link above.

Also had a quick look at campsites nr the tunnel. If you've never been before we could get down to Lydd pitch up and take a short ride around Dungeness. I used to go there a lot, well worth the visit if you've never been. 20 miles from the tunnel so easy job in the morning and would mean a fresh face for the Friday.

I'll check here tomorrow to see what the plan is

Thursday it is..... I'll pm later where we can meet, times etc:bounce1

Looks the same as here in Norfolk. Luckily I'm off to a joint 50th birthday bash in Wales. There, it's only rain instead of sleet and snow.

Have fun, guys and post lots of photos when you've sobered up.

Back
Top Bottom