23rd ride reports

Hi Peeps.

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who turned up and who chipped in for mini Pip. Good to meet some new faces :thumb

Secondly, cheers Pip for organizing and then missing it. You really wouldn't think a couple of minutes of fun 9 months ago could spoil a whole day out on the lanes................was it really worth it :D:D:D:thumb
Thanks also to Terry because without all his hard work this would not happen.

Not quite finally, thanks to all the guys in my group (including the wobbly kneed puff) that made my day.What a bunch of lemmings :D:D:D Point them at the dirtiest muddy puddle and guess what..........everyone does it :clap:clap:clap
What a super laugh :D:D It's the attitude of you all that makes days like this work so a big thank you to you all.

Finally, thanks to Paul for letting me take his pride and joy XC for a quick spin (to go and find my map that fell out whilst on a lane :augie:augie). Waht a stonking machine, I'm tempted.

Finished up doing the Roman Road down to the Goyt valley with Tarry (on tourances :eek::eek:) then hammering it down the Cat & fiddle (at 50mph of course). Think we were both suprised just how hard you can push TKC's.
When we got to the bottom Tarry said "Feck me for the first half of the road I thought you were God, then I realized your brake light didn't work and it made me feel better" :D:D:D:D

What a great day, I'm up for Wales Terry, bring it on :thumb

Big thank you to everyone for the great company and putting up with a newbie :) especially thanks to Phil and Pipset and Terry for the organising, and Phil for taking it easy :beerjug:

I really enjoyed yesterday, it was 224 miles in all, and the XTZ handled it very well, and didn't embarrass itself in a spirited run over the snake pass, although the TKCs added to the excitement :D

I have a load of pictures that I need to upload, but as I'm too tight to sponsor this forum, I need someone to e-mail them to, any volunteers ? please send your e-mail address to Brian-at-Britch-dot-net

Flip fly see this thread http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135554
for our next outing in regards Wales,
i'm a little tied up myself at weekends now so can only plan things at short notice. so we need folk to run the next one, Pipster will br breast feading for a while :D:D:D, I know most parts of wales like the back of my hand so we can do some lanes for the GS bikes. up and over there:D:D
so more than happy for organzing routes on and off road;):)
i'd like to target end of May or first weekend in JUNE

Britch
i've sent you a email in regards pictures bud, let me know if it does not arrive.
chhers
terry

MickDB1
cheers for those very kind words :eek:
i can not think of anyone who i've been out with on a Gs run i'd not go out with again ...all gentalmen and gran find chaps
Cheers again Mick for doing tail end charlie all day:beerjug:

good day...

Well another good day out, cheers all for the company, flip for leading, Terry for finding me n Jono:blast:blast:eek:, and too all you gents with flip group for laughs a plenty:thumb2.
Its my second time off road and my confidance is rising in the bike n me, so if anyone is thinking of having a go, go for it. you get tips n looked after, so you're never out of your depth:augie. Conquering my fear of rocks now so there's a plus out of the weekend.

Flip had the cleanest bike tho, something to do with directing eveyone through the muck n water, whilst looking on and laughing alot:D:D:D

top day with top trails and the biggest rush up the last trail with the bikes of both groups together, something to do with "last one back buys the beers"

cheers all

Britch has sent these pictures for us to enjoy:thumb
20080223017.jpg

20080223016.jpg

20080223015.jpg

20080223014.jpg

20080223013.jpg

20080223012.jpg

20080223011.jpg

20080223010.jpg

20080223009.jpg

20080223008.jpg

20080223007.jpg

20080223006.jpg

20080223005.jpg

20080223004.jpg

20080223003.jpg

20080223002.jpg

20080223001.jpg

Terry, thanks for uploading the pictures, and
Phil, thanks for taking the pictures :thumb

even though your ulterior motive is the enjoyment of catching us amateurs falling for your " you have to try this" getting us into the mud :eek :)

High points were Tarry doing the mud on Tourances and chasing Terry down on the Fox House lane.

Also HRO's little XL winging past at 74mph :eek:, flat on the tank that ran onto reserve about 2 yards after passing me :D:D:D

Looks like you had a nice time out and about, and glad to see your not zenophobic about other makes of bikes :D (might be a while before I'm back on a GS).

I sort of recognise some of the lanes from when I used to take the Landy out and about. I would happily drive up down or through anything in my lil truck, but I wouldn't have done half of those lanes on my GS... no scrub that, I wouldn't have done any of 'em :eek:

I used to drive up stanedge, across the tops and then down to the reservoir. I made a point of not deviating from the original/most obvious route, and as such drove through a very muddy hole on the way upto the rock steps, and then down through a very bad axle twisting gully to get off the lane. The side slopes had me almost scrapping the door handles on the banks.

You are all braver men than I :bow

Had to larfff.. There is a perfectly good ,dry tarmac road. A layby that seems to have a reasonable firm surface and in between the two!!!!!! a strip of deep muddy slosh. Little lads in wellies jumping into any available puddle comes to mind..

When you lot going to grow up??:blast

Never

I hope:thumb:thumb:thumb

Grow up

you are right never

40 something:augie and riding this like a kid down hill flat on the tank

how brave am I, just look at the fork leg diameter, they flexed when i sat on it:eek:

it never missed a beat, i on the other hand :eek:

great day:thumb

Attachments

• Picture brad camera feb 200 015a.jpg
    Picture brad camera feb 200 015a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 137
the cleaner bike group, after the later 4 riders did clean the bikes on the river crossing at the end of the day while the rest went home and had a KFC:D:D:D
2008-02-2310-02-42_0010_resize.jpg

2008-02-2310-03-30_0011_resize.jpg

2008-02-2310-53-58_0019_resize.jpg

2008-02-2311-16-35_0027_resize.jpg

2008-02-2311-23-54_0029_resize.jpg

2008-02-2312-04-40_0038_resize.jpg

2008-02-2312-06-04_0042_resize.jpg

2008-02-2313-48-41_0047_resize.jpg

2008-02-2314-04-53_0051_resize.jpg

2008-02-2314-17-59_0054_resize.jpg

2008-02-2314-27-15_0060_resize.jpg

2008-02-2316-27-11_0078_resize.jpg

The Transalp was amazing :eek::eek::eek:

I knew they were good, but seeing it feck off on the rocky stuff, after we met up with you again, I was stunned. Nice :thumb

Terry, they look like great lanes, you'll have to point them out to me when you get 5 :augie

Should we have a marathon ride where we do them all in one day :D:D:D

I'll get some spots on order :mmmm:mmmm:mmmm

The Transalp was amazing :eek::eek::eek:

I knew they were good, but seeing it feck off on the rocky stuff, after we met up with you again, I was stunned. Nice :thumb

Terry, they look like great lanes, you'll have to point them out to me when you get 5 :augie

Should we have a marathon ride where we do them all in one day :D:D:D

I'll get some spots on order :mmmm:mmmm:mmmm

The guy on the transalp is a good friend of mine..he is a great rider...but you will never hear him tell you that:thumb:thumb

oh i have done a 200 mile route on the lanes in the peaks in one day and often do a 150-160 route with out been silly with speed on the lanes:D:D
it's hard work..:D:D just a good routeen on gates and no smoke breaks or stopping to fill rudiemoto up with food every 4 miles :D:D it can be done easy if you work as a team and keep your speed down:D

but it's just the same joy doing a relaxing day on the GS outing...and thats the truth:thumb:thumb:eek::eek::D:D

so bring on a summer event for us and i'll plan a relaxing day on the lanes for us all..

in regards the routes we did, i'll show you wear we went next meet up, in fact i hope some other people had the GPS on record so they can enjoy the routes with out taking a old fart like me along with them,

oh i hope to have some pictures tomorrow of the real men of the day doing the river up stream ,
thats me:D:D

Wil on the transalp
Paulxc

oh i hope to have some pictures tomorrow of the real men of the day doing the river up stream ,
thats me:D:D

Wil on the transalp
Paulxc

That was a brilliant days riding ..

H’s XL185 was most impressive – coming past us flat on the tank down the dual track near Bakewell (I think) sounded like it was having its neck rung. Mind you later in the day following Terry back to the Rose & Crown my XC I felt the same just trying to keep up.

Big thanks to Flip for leading our group … some hugely entertaining lanes out there. And to Terry for those last few lanes and the water crossing to finish it off – Top Day Out!!!

I post up a couple of my pics tomorrow.

Cheers all – roll on the next one.

Paul

Would anyone have Jonney Wave's email address ( he was riding a dakar with only one mirror on it ) on saturday - he was one of the Good Looking Group :thumb
or can they send it to
mickdb1@tesco.net please

I have some info for him
Taa
Mick :thumb

Back
Top Bottom