Numb Arse saving seat mod..

Reindeer!

Optimized for subarctic conditions.

103_0353_medium.jpg

C'mon these things look absolutely ridiculous on a bike:augie
I'll get me coat!

How long before they start smelling?

Genuine question, not a piss take.

How long do they take to dry out once soaked?

could have done with that the other week when i filled up and rode till tank went to reserve, just over 330 miles !

The hides I used came pretty much straight from the source,
biggrin.gif
and did not undergo any chemical treatment like what you buy on IKEA, and hence they smell the way the should.

The smell isn't really affected much by the fur getting wet, it just smells like Rudolph (which is coincidentally also the name of my 1100. ).

Normally the seat would dry out in 24 hours, and it would provide comfort and insulation even in wet conditions.

However, after extended period of exposure to moisture I found that the shedding became unacceptable. At that point, I would take it behind the barn and give it a bullet.
rolleyes.gif
Actually, I would just replace the hide, much easier that way.

I'll admit that when I moved to the soggy and moldy place (UK) , that hide had to come off. No sub-zero riding here anyway, so not much use for it.

I took delivery of my Airhawk yesterday and had a quick blast down the M56 on it. 20 minutes is not really enough time to notice the benefits. I've also ordered a sheepie from Lambland so I can compare / contrast / or even combine.

I'm a smidge higher in the seat and when at lights the and put both legs down the Airhawk tends to crush my balls a bit. :eek: Apologies for the detail.

I've also noticed that the benefits of having the TT screen extender on my F800GS are now lost as I'm about 2cm taller in the saddle again... drat!

Just fitted lambland special tonight in anticipation of tomorrows run, so fingers crossed and will report back. Certainly seems well enough padded and looks the dogs numpties, cheers, :beer:

I think if you caver the seat with a clean film it should kip it dray and out of smell:)

Folowing on from post 48, ref lambland seat cover. I'm glad to report after trip around Donegal yesterday the seat cover worked a treat, definately felt the benifit from it and mate seriously thinking of adding one to his list of necessities, only problem is the thought of his street cred being damaged, considering his is a ZX12R, Mmmm, what do you think? :beer:

....... and mate seriously thinking of adding one to his list of necessities, only problem is the thought of his street cred being damaged, considering his is a ZX12R, Mmmm, what do you think? :beer:

a ZX12R....
around Donegal? :eek:

well, if it were me... i'd get a brown one. :augie
so the stains wouldn't show. :D

I use'd to breed hamsters, one day i made a seat cover out of hamster fur it was very comfortable, but when out riding i kept going round and round roundabouts. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom